Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

PorkaMorka

Arcane
The pauldron with papers attached looks like an armor attachment to me.

The golden necklace is obviously in the accessory slot.

But what about that skull, is he wearing two accessories at once?

Harthwain

Magister
On closer inspection, that person on the right has a WH40k Sisters of Battle haircut.
I see. It's Battle Grandma doing Vade retro, Satana by the virtue of her purity and chastity. Women in Battle Brothers confirmed!

:happytrollboy:
But what about that skull, is he wearing two accessories at once?
You made a good point about the attachment. Either this is just for show (to pack in as much as possible) or they could be expanding the amount of attachments to two, since both the skull and the pages are attached to the armor with leather straps.

What if Crusaders/church will be its own faction like Gilder/Noble Houses?
I doubt it as the Undead will be your enemy no matter what. This could enhance the Undead crissis though. Come to think of it, the "regular" (non-Roman-esque) Undead were always a bit underdeveloped. This could change with this DLC and we might see more special units from them, inspired by medieval theme.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I miss old bone bois
Eiflugm.png

Never has a game brought me closer to breaking my keyboard than BB. Missing 5x consecutive 80%+ hit rate attacks in a row really hits like a truck, man.
:negative:
But I'm looking forward to any of the new shit.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Lol, 80%. No such thing. It's either 0 or 100.
Just lost scenario in Super Robot Wars because i trusted 90% chance. I was one turn away from destination i needed to reach with my ship, but decided to shoot one half dead enemy. Buffed ship with "move one more time if you kill enemy" order, shot and missed...

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Can we start pointless speculation already?

Here's mine:
-Witch hunter company background
-more magical weapons and way to craft those
-small doggies that can be released as swarm; useless, but annoying.
200w.webp
Because of this gif, when i will finally play this i will be disappointed that small doggies didn't make it into the game.

Nah, it will be good regardless. Those devs i trust to deliver something at least playable. Which is very different from the usual Codex mantra: "it will be shit".

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Most updates are directly inspired by mods (like the retinue).
And most important mods catch up real fast anyway.

Looks like a hint at fleshing out the necromancers and witchhunters. This bodes well for people asking for dungeons, even if the teaser art is in a cemetery.

There's a mod adding dungeons, not compatible with Legends though, it's called fantasy something in nexusmods.

Legends mod, Adventuring Party origin - why does the evoker not have any magic, unlike the one from the seer origin?

It's being reworked with a low priority, magic missiles were overpowered, apparently, you can still add the magic skills from the old evoker with breditor.
Also, if you want good magic, just use Magic Origins, fully compatible with Legends (latest test build from discord).
Next build will probably break saves though and it's imminent.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
What if Crusaders/church will be its own faction like Gilder/Noble Houses?
I'll wait for more details before speculating

My only wish is that they expand on the barely present story about the player character / commander, getting called "False Emperor" by the undead etc
The legions of undead could be from any succession war in the prior civilization's history.

jungl

Augur
I'm getting curious expedition 2 vibes from the dlc picture. Maybe there will be dungeons with phat loot that will put you in perilous circumstances where bros will die.

Too bad you can't really do that gameplay in battle brothers cause unlike curious expedition 2 where you can hire a replacement member after the expedition in battle bros you have to grind your balls off to get the new bros up to speed. Battle bros also have zero interaction with each other and personality they are nothing more then a sum of numbers.

Battle bros should of followed the route where the company>individual members. Where you can hire replacement bros scaled to your reputation level. So the game is more about taking those suicidal contracts and less about playing it safe boring grind game.

Harthwain

Magister
Battle bros should of followed the route where the company>individual members. Where you can hire replacement bros scaled to your reputation level. So the game is more about taking those suicidal contracts and less about playing it safe boring grind game.
Technically you can hire better quality brothers and give them XP boost at the training hall, so the means are already there. It's more the question of balance than anything else.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Battle Brothers have no situation, where top armor can guarantee a 100% protection, because there are few weapons and a peasant with two-handed hammer can smash your knight just right. Sothere are few situations, where you can feel safe.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Battle Brothers have no situation, where top armor can guarantee a 100% protection, because there are few weapons and a peasant with two-handed hammer can smash your knight just right. Sothere are few situations, where you can feel safe.
Peasants don't get two handed hammers tho. Maybe the wooden version, tier 1 that isn't dangerous for a good brother. And you can be safe from one hit from any hammer with right equipment and perks.
But other than that, yes - you can't have guaranteed safety for very long in BB on battlefield when in melee.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Technically you can hire better quality brothers and give them XP boost at the training hall, so the means are already there. It's more the question of balance than anything else.
The training halls ARE a bit underwhelming. As you said, it is a matter of balance. However more bros to hire with higher levels when your reputation rises wouldn't be a bad idea.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The training halls ARE a bit underwhelming. As you said, it is a matter of balance. However more bros to hire with higher levels when your reputation rises wouldn't be a bad idea.

Legends does this, at some point, you can hire bros up to level 7, probably more later depending on reputation or average bros xp, i'm not sure how it works but last playthrough, with a level 12-20 party, some recruits could in the 3-7 level range.

Plus xp potions +100% xp for a couple of fights, with some debuffs if you drink too many.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Legends does this, at some point, you can hire bros up to level 7, probably more later depending on reputation or average bros xp, i'm not sure how it works but last playthrough, with a level 12-20 party, some recruits could in the 3-7 level range.

I tried that option and didn't like it, so I turned it off, FWIW.
Care to share why? What was wrong with it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom