Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Holy war on team NORF is the hardest, they get obliterated by gunpowder and assassins.
Yep, from my experience as well. Southern armies are dangerous as fuck, a couple of assassins can be deadly (pun intended) and the northern armies looses all the time. On the plus side, iirc, assassins have the best regular light armor so at least there is worthy loot to be had.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
sd
Fuck you guys. Reinstalled
Yeah, fuck them, reinstalled as well.

Tried the Rebuilding a Company origin again after ages, my best archer gets the Drunk trait because some cannon fodder died who was with the company for a grand total of 1 day, ragequit, uninstalled.

Good times.
Why?
1. Drunkard can be cured, i don't remember how but there is an event for that, from monk perhaps? Of curse firing it fast is another issue.
2. Archers aren't absolutely necessary. In addition you can hire hunters in towns with hunter cabins and during archery contests. They have the potential to be better than your starting one.
3. Ditch the fucker, plenty of other bros to hire.

Brancaleone

Prophet
sd
Fuck you guys. Reinstalled
Yeah, fuck them, reinstalled as well.

Tried the Rebuilding a Company origin again after ages, my best archer gets the Drunk trait because some cannon fodder died who was with the company for a grand total of 1 day, ragequit, uninstalled.

Good times.
Why?
1. Drunkard can be cured, i don't remember how but there is an event for that, from monk perhaps? Of curse firing it fast is another issue.
2. Archers aren't absolutely necessary. In addition you can hire hunters in towns with hunter cabins and during archery contests. They have the potential to be better than your starting one.
3. Ditch the fucker, plenty of other bros to hire.
Because I was on day 63, with a decent team full decked in battleforge gear, and the thrill of the phase I like most (early-middle game) was over already, and I was starting to lose interest. One of my self-imposed restrictions is to keep all of the origin's original brothers, so no firing (or dying).
Plus, I had another drunk in my company since day one, and in 63 days I did not get a single drunk event, and since I am quite familiar with how 'random' Battle Brothers results distribution is, I knew I wouldn't be getting a chance of getting rid of the drunkness of either of them (later on I reloaded the last autosave and did two tests, just resting in a southern city and buying food when needed for an ungodly amount of days on top of the first 63 ones and, what a surprise, still no drunk events for either of those two bros).

Last edited:

k0syak

Cipher
IIRC you need to get the event where he loses some shit to remove drunkard, maybe it doesn't trigger in the city?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Nobility war seems to be the toughest crisis so far
nah, it's easiest. just let them fight. also good profits from trade because everyone needs to rebuild after it.
It does feel like your AI allies use weaker AI setting than enemies: billhooks berserk into front line and aren't rotated out of it afterwards, knights become undecided on which flank to go so they stay in the back.
what do you mean? EVERYONE is my ally!

Brancaleone

Prophet
IIRC you need to get the event where he loses some shit to remove drunkard, maybe it doesn't trigger in the city?
I hadn't thought about that, but I did a quick test with A New Company, did tryouts until I found a drunk and camped in the city, and got the event on day 16 (and I also got the fortune teller event and for the very first time I goy the famed dagger out of it, because of fucking course).

Anyway, it was more the case of me being already annoyed for lugging around pointlessly for 63 days an otherwise quite promising drunk Bowyer (Eagle Eyes, 46 ranged attack with two stars, 36 with drunk). I even got into a very, very risky fight (I don't use nets or Taunt) against 5 Necrosavants relatively early in the campaign just in order to have some Happy Powder at the ready in case I got the drunk loses stuff event, all for nothing. And then, after losing 7 guys in the first ten days (most of them beggars and cripples hired just for the 12 men ambition who lasted a grand total of 1-2 days), I suicide by orc a truly horrible caravan hand (poor stats + Clumsy + Cocky) and a day later I get the drunk event for the Crossbro, which gives me three level 8 archers of which one not that good, and the other two with drunk, and I needed them because the crisis was going to be greenskins (and I don't use throwing weapons). Oh well, it's part of BB's charm.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Play this, Xcom 2 or Jagged Alliance 3? Help me with my gaming dilemma.

You should have 200h minimum in this or gtfo. It is one of the best tactical games of all times, period. The best, in my view, but that's subjective. Incredibly addictive and a lot going under the hood. Only philistines look down at it as simple. To be fair, it took me a while to realise how much it had going on. It is a highly skilled based game, let's put it at that.

k0syak

Cipher
Billhooks ain't what they used to be, nowadays I'd rather have poleaxes on most bros.

Holy war on team NORF is the hardest, they get obliterated by gunpowder and assassins.
Yep, from my experience as well. Southern armies are dangerous as fuck, a couple of assassins can be deadly (pun intended) and the northern armies looses all the time. On the plus side, iirc, assassins have the best regular light armor so at least there is worthy loot to be had.

Jesus, got to the second crisis and Southerners are hard as fuck. Having them as a 1 crisis seems insane.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Yeah the southern fucks... ehh i remember when i fought my first holy war on northern side. I waited near holy site with allied army for a quest, first battle was heavy and enemies numerous, while my bros suffered light wounds my allies got heavily battered and lost lots of their numbers. "Ok that was tough but now after such big battle im sure i will get smaller war parties or reinforcements" i thought, nope, reinforcements were nonexistent or worthless, allies didnt heal and next enemy army was twice as numerous, fuck that shit. I wasn't going to send my bros to suicide through bombards and assassins so i abandoned that quest. I was playing on Legends like always.

What amazes me is how well Southerners work together, there is enough shield guys to protect the reach weapons guys for just enough time for assassins to outflank me and use AoE attacks to pin me down. I guess the trick comes in dividing your forces into smaller groups, so AoE would have less impact.

Guns are too unreliable to be used by my bros, but when enemies put out a whole squad of gunmen, they become a threat. Quite realistic, to be fair.

k0syak

Cipher
What amazes me is how well Southerners work together, there is enough shield guys to protect the reach weapons guys for just enough time for assassins to outflank me and use AoE attacks to pin me down. I guess the trick comes in dividing your forces into smaller groups, so AoE would have less impact.

Guns are too unreliable to be used by my bros, but when enemies put out a whole squad of gunmen, they become a threat. Quite realistic, to be fair.

Have you tried quad gunmen? :terminate:

Billhooks ain't what they used to be, nowadays I'd rather have poleaxes on most bros.
After the introduction of -1 AP from Polearm Specialization, billhooks would have been the absolute best choice by far otherwise.
With the damage and armor damage nerfs I'm now putting poleaxes on non-polearm spec bros by default.

Brancaleone

Prophet

Have you tried quad gunmen? :terminate:

After the introduction of -1 AP from Polearm Specialization, billhooks would have been the absolute best choice by far otherwise.
With the damage and armor damage nerfs I'm now putting poleaxes on non-polearm spec bros by default.
Depends on how much you value mobility for your polebros, especially in conjunction with Pathfinder. If I decide to give up the AP reduction, I typically go for polehammers later in the game.

After utterly destroying Barbarian King army and it's unholds I was offered a single star religious war contract. It was just a single star, I do those type of contacts without sweating.

When actiony style overlay told me about incoming AoE attacks from the mortal I knew I was screwed. Then a few shoots from firearms broke my men morale better than any geist ever would.

It turned out the religious war ended without my involvement. I always thought you need to complete crisis related quests to progress the crisis.

I feel bad for Southerners, they were defeated in a cutscene.

Brancaleone

Prophet
It turned out the religious war ended without my involvement. I always thought you need to complete crisis related quests to progress the crisis.

You can, for example, win the Greenskin crisis without completing a single crisis-related contract, just by cleaning enough greenskin lairs in the wilderness.

You can, for example, win the Greenskin crisis without completing a single crisis-related contract, just by cleaning enough greenskin lairs in the wilderness.
I didn't kill a single Southerner. I was bidding my time collecting funds for high end armors for my bros to come with a vengeance. Maybe you can end the war indirectly, by completing a lot of side, non war-related contracts for one side?

Brancaleone

Prophet

I didn't kill a single Southerner. I was bidding my time collecting funds for high end armors for my bros to come with a vengeance. Maybe you can end the war indirectly, by completing a lot of side, non war-related contracts for one side?
When it's between factions, it ends even without your intervention, simply with the victory of one of the factions (that's why Noble War or religious war are not particularly difficult, since you can literally pick you battles, i.e. even none at all).
With Greenskins if you have Permanent Destruction activated and you ignore them, they'll just raze settlements to the ground. I suppose depending on the quirks of the rng it might be possible for garrisons to repel them until the crisis ends, but since I always play with Permanent Destruction enabled, I never let them rampage, instead from about day 50 I start carving out an ever expanding 'demilitarized zone' in the wilderness, which can lead to the scenario I mentioned above.
Undead play similarly to Greenskin, only you focus much more on the settlement areas if you want to nip it in the bud.

Overall, if you have Permanent Destruction turned off, you can basically ignore any kind of crisis (they'll probably take quite longer to resolve though).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom