Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

thesecret1

Arcane
Do you guys play over multiple crises, or so you stop after the first like the game recommends?

clKgFjz.jpeg

Horrible day

Do you guys play over multiple crises, or so you stop after the first like the game recommends?
On first 2 playthroughts I stopped because I underestimated fatigue requirements of heavy armors. Now I am carrying on. I very much dislike high level scaling of monster numbers, it makes game too slow. Goblins are especially bad here, because bow shooting animation takes longer than melee animation and goblin shamans combined with forest tiles make progressing glacial.

thesecret1

Arcane
I'm asking because I'm basically never ready to face the various end game locations spread around the world by the time the first crisis hits. Wondering whether I'm doing something wrong or whether you're meant to tackle them much later on

k0syak

Cipher
clKgFjz.jpeg

Horrible day
Why isn't everyone naked, did you get ambushed?

I'm asking because I'm basically never ready to face the various end game locations spread around the world by the time the first crisis hits. Wondering whether I'm doing something wrong or whether you're meant to tackle them much later on
Gotta power-up the band faster, watch some speedrunners on youtube.

Brancaleone

Prophet
There's people who play many hundreds of days before tackling legendary locations, so there's that.

If you want to do it around the time of the first crisis, you have to maximize the average number of fights per day you take, which means you have to switch from being careful about party-wipes or casualties, to being careful about minimizing also wounds and armour damage (and even hit point loss), simply because you won't have the time to recover much of any of those with such fight frequency. That means also judging very carefully which fights to tackle because now a very difficult fight that you win with no casualties, but with a lot of wounds and armour damage, is not a good outcome. You also maximize the loot you gain (to buy high level armour earlier, and to always have a lot of tools and supplies for wilderness expeditions), and you focus on getting better armour as early as you can by daggering brigand leaders and fallen knights. Your playthrough will be much more combat-dense, which can become repetitive, but on the other hand now even the easier fights will carry some tension, since you have to focus on losing as little armour/hitpoints as possible.

Yeah the southern fucks... ehh i remember when i fought my first holy war on northern side. I waited near holy site with allied army for a quest, first battle was heavy and enemies numerous, while my bros suffered light wounds my allies got heavily battered and lost lots of their numbers. "Ok that was tough but now after such big battle im sure i will get smaller war parties or reinforcements" i thought, nope, reinforcements were nonexistent or worthless, allies didnt heal and next enemy army was twice as numerous, fuck that shit. I wasn't going to send my bros to suicide through bombards and assassins so i abandoned that quest. I was playing on Legends like always.
It's so much easier to defeat them in detail. When the holy war starts, a bunch of smaller armies depart from the southern cities to assemble at a rally point somewhere south of the holy site (not too far, usually). Just ambush each of the detachments before they assemble the full army, you'll be facing smaller numbers, less attrition, probably no injuries, and most of the time no combined arms.

Kruyurk

Learned
But the belly is buried underground anyway, you wouldn't be able to see it. Instead he can do some sick mustache dance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom