Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Lord announced-ish

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: 1C Company; King's Bounty: The Legend

An <a href=http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=16544>announcement</a> from Russian publisher 1C Company about the games they're unveiling at E3 this year includes a brief mention of the next game from the Space Rangers 2 team: Battle Lord.<blockquote>Battle Lord (from the developers of Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators), a fantasy RPG with turn-based battles that take place in full 3D</blockquote>There will hopefully be more details at E3.<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

HardCode

Erudite
Saint_Proverbius said:
*schwing*

Now we only have to wait 5 years for it to possibly come out in the United States.

I don't know ... if the sales of SR2 are sufficeint in the US, especially now that they removed Starfarce in the Direct2Drive method, perhaps it will be a simultaneous release. I'm going to have to support that this coming weekend by buying the D2D distro of SR2.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
If it's from the guys who made SR2, then I'm sold...except that part of the team has fragmented so they may have taken all that genius with them.

Rhombus

Liturgist
bryce777 said:
Rhombus said:
@bryce

I see you utterly failed at spotting my poor attempt at sarcasm...

Well, I still fail to see it, or at least what would be funny about it if it's sarcasm. Oh well.

Yeah well, I haven't got 100%+ in Speech.. damn I haven't even got the skill tagged.. so.. hence the "poor attempt"...

Anyways, fantasy turn-based RPG sounds nice... still have to try out Space Rangers 2 but you guys keep praising it so I think I will try to get it, still the Starforce thing is keeping me away atm..

bryce777

Erudite
Rhombus said:
bryce777 said:
Rhombus said:
@bryce

I see you utterly failed at spotting my poor attempt at sarcasm...

Well, I still fail to see it, or at least what would be funny about it if it's sarcasm. Oh well.

Yeah well, I haven't got 100%+ in Speech.. damn I haven't even got the skill tagged.. so.. hence the "poor attempt"...

Anyways, fantasy turn-based RPG sounds nice... still have to try out Space Rangers 2 but you guys keep praising it so I think I will try to get it, still the Starforce thing is keeping me away atm..

Well, there is a star force remover, and I highly recommend it. I actually suspect star force screwed my computer because I have never had an HDD crash, but then I had TWO of them AND my burner died. It is impossible to prove, but I am leery.

Oh,a nd I thought it was sarcasm, just directed at me.

Rhombus

Liturgist
Nah, trying to play the part of the idiot who doesn't know what turn-based is..

Anyways, yeah.. removing SF is an option, but I'm kinda into this boycot thing.

Wish the Direct to Disc Download thing was availiable outside the US.. and that I was back behind my super-duber broadband connection again.

Edit: On the sarcasm thing, I think I was aiming for something like the ESF-morons do with their "you PLAY the ROLE of a character in a GAME!!11 What you want is a ROLLplaying game..." logic.. hence the turn-based combat being about turning around. Poor attempt.

bryce777

Erudite
Rhombus said:
Nah, trying to play the part of the idiot who doesn't know what turn-based is..

Anyways, yeah.. removing SF is an option, but I'm kinda into this boycot thing.

Wish the Direct to Disc Download thing was availiable outside the US.. and that I was back behind my super-duber broadband connection again.

Edit: On the sarcasm thing, I think I was aiming for something like the ESF-morons do with their "you PLAY the ROLE of a character in a GAME!!11 What you want is a ROLLplaying game..." logic.. hence the turn-based combat being about turning around. Poor attempt.

Ah, just how Role-Player plays the role of an hysterical screaming queer on these forums. hehe. Yeah, those ones are funny. I can never quite tell if anyone at esf is trolling or not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom