Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battlefield 1 - set in World War 1

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So alternative WW1, might be interesting.

Sab3L2U.jpg

eXSt2hL.jpg

Qdmgehq.jpg

nH3qmdR.jpg

AtqTTbK.jpg

almondblight

Arcane
So now I'm reading rumors that it is really called Battlefield I and placed in 1920. Probably some alternative WWI where the war still rages on?

Well, that's what DICE (Refraction Games at the time) made before 1942:

tormund

Arcane
I suppose alternative history would allow them to create standard good guys vs bad guys setup, in this case it will probably be Murrica & Brits vs newly Communist Vatniks. Actual mess that was WW I doesn't allow for that kind of setup, and it would be almost impossible to create story somewhat faithful to the period and to hit the feels of typical BF & CoD player at the same time...

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
in latest BF 4 DLC they added ww1 vatnik machineguns...... so it's probably gunna be ww 1 alternative 20's murrika vs vatniks

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Ok so it's alternative WW1 confirmed because the DICE guy linked to codename eagle wiki.

If they do it right, this will be the best Battlefield. What are the chances they will not screw it up in this day ?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok so it's alternative WW1 confirmed because the DICE guy linked to codename eagle wiki.

If they do it right, this will be the best Battlefield. What are the chances they will not screw it up in this day ?
They don't fuck up their main BF series, everything will be alright.
:troll:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

They don't fuck up their main BF series, everything will be alright.
:troll:

Well joking aside, the guys from refractions games that made codename eagle which were later bought by Dice are still working in dice today. And going back to their first game, dis might b gud.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If that picture is real it looks way to modern still, besides having a black american WW1 soldier.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom