Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
But yeah, how do you corrupt an autopilot and aiming assistance? I remember the chaos Land Raider having its machine spirit "owling and screaming" in some fluff snippet :lol:
Afaik, daemons don't so much corrupt as they possess machines?

Still, how does a sentient being (the demon) possess a conglomerate of silicates and.........nah fuck, it why I am trying to make sense of W40k fluff.
Well, how does it possess a conglomerate of proteins? :M

Andnjord

Arcane
M'kay, fine, conglomerates of proteins have souls just like conglomerates of silicates have souls.
I will now go and give myself in to the Ordo Malleus for the sin of trying to understand W40k fluff!. May The Emperor give me the merciful death I deserve.:negative:

Quatlo

Arcane
Y'all hereteks underestimating the power of a machine spirit.
Look at this this way: Orks believe their weapons work, primitive dakka spirits make them work.

Didnt you ever beg your failing pc to work just to make a last backup of most important data?
I always keep at least one part from old computers to preserve their machine spirits in the new ones :smug:

Luka-boy

Arcane
I remember a space battle in one of the Gaunt novels where the Chaos ships had some degree of consciousness and through the entire battle broadcasted their own names so hard the Imperial comm operators started to lose their minds or die and the astropaths' heads started to outright explode. I don't know if that was a case of corrupted machine spirits or if it was demons possessing the Chaos ships, but it was pretty fucking metal nonetheless.

Dayyālu

Arcane
There was that one story told from the point of view of a bolter which implied that it at least had self-awareness and could form coherent sentences in its mind.
Link pls

http://imgur.com/a/mfIxD

Ahh, I remember that one. :salute: The only good story (I believe it was the first) of the most recent attempt of GW to make again Warhammer comics.

A short, quite good tale. Maybe the only adequate Warhammer comic together with the Reedemer. My guess they have afterwards shot the guy who wrote this, we can't afford competence in Warhammer writing.

About Battlefield Gothic, I'm always waiting for the next Chaos Gate, something good even if not exceptional to shut down the brain a bit. My guess it will be shit, though. Gotta hope for Deathwing, and I'm always asking to myself why the fucks at GW are not throwing money at the Battle Brothers team for a Warhammer Fantasy adaptation.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
New Screenshots:

battlefleet_gothic_armada-04.jpg

battlefleet_gothic_armada-05.jpg

battlefleet_gothic_armada-07.jpg

battlefleet_gothic_armada-06.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Angry Joe (yea) enthuses about the game.

Gameplay scenes look better than the colorful trailers. The ships actually look neat.

AJ's second question is of course about "cinematics" and "story". He follows up with a streed cred saving question about game mechanics from the board game though.

Quatlo

Arcane
I really cannot fucking wait to try it and play it with my dudes on lanparties.

Andnjord

Arcane
Ok, I'll admit it looks much better in game. Having it look like the ships are on a board is a nice touch and I like the UI, reminds of Nexus.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Only one campaign? How are they daring to force everyone to play as only one faction?

APGunner

Augur
I hope all chaos gods get equal amount of content in the game, unlike every other WH40k game where most of the chaos content is Khorne related.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Looks surprisingly good so far, needs a necron dlc/expansion though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom