Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Beamdog's Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition

deranged

Cipher
Not sure if posted already but a bunch of interesting hidden features seem to have been implemented.

* New Romance: The Lady of Pain
* Feature: Ignus now acts as a light source.
* Restored Content: Stories from the novelisation now added, including Annah becoming a were-rat, and the reason for The Nameless One’s immortality being that he sold it to a tertiary devil character to help save his village.

Deleted member 7219

Not sure if posted already but a bunch of interesting hidden features seem to have been implemented.

* New Romance: The Lady of Pain
* Feature: Ignus now acts as a light source.
* Restored Content: Stories from the novelisation now added, including Annah becoming a were-rat, and the reason for The Nameless One’s immortality being that he sold it to a tertiary devil character to help save his village.

RockPaperShitgun at it again.

pippin

Making TNO a woman is not that crazy of an idea. In fact, it would have been amusing to see different incarnations of yourself also being different genders and species, you could have an element to insert way more psychedelics into an already crazy story.

However, this is 2017.

Besides, having Morte checking out on the entire party could have been a little overkill.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Making TNO a woman is not that crazy of an idea. In fact, it would have been amusing to see different incarnations of yourself also being different genders and species

Wut? Those were not re-incarnations in the biblical sense. It was always the same body, that was the point of why TNO looked the way he did.
But for being able to choose the sex at the start.. dunno. I can't imagine the game with a female character, probably because it was written very much for a male one. Maybe MCA could've done it, guess we'll never know.

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm getting more and more pissed about the fact that original infinity engine games are no longer available on gog. So ironic, considering in PST you are the last incarnation to ever go through the trail of ravel, fjull and trias to find the fortress of regrets. The trail is destroyed, no one else will get the truth ever again... just like no one will ever buy the original PST after it's removed from the shelves. It lives on in my library, but for how long?

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
I'm getting more and more pissed about the fact that original infinity engine games are no longer available on gog. So ironic, considering in PST you are the last incarnation to ever go through the trail of ravel, fjull and trias to find the fortress of regrets. The trail is destroyed, no one else will get the truth ever again... just like no one will ever buy the original PST after it's removed from the shelves. It lives on in my library, but for how long?
Agreed, they should at least leave the original versions available and intact for the sake of preserving art.

existential_vacuum

.PNG Police
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
And Beamdog must be the only company in existence that said it was worth it bringing something to Linux. But at least they didn't say it was because of the money they made on it.
Valve, Aspyr, Feral the first ones that come to mind. And let's be honest, all of them see potential market on the platform = worth it. Why else port something to both Mac and Linux if not to appeal to niche audience and make money?
Are you hoping it will one day rival Steam
or is it mainly for keeping direct purchases updated?

Answered his own question.

The real question is: What are your plans for the future of the new Beamdog Client?

Yes, such a real question it had to be asked, internally concluded, then asked again - all in one sentence.

Nice place to stop reading.

rating_lulz.gif
Yeah, part of the reason I gave up reading GoL. But at least there are port performance reports and information whether port was cancelled or not.
Around the time BG:EE was released, they've been informing on Linux port and, as far as I remember, there were some problems so a great bunch of people saved money not buying it:M.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
First review on metacritic and as expected it seems more like an advertisment than proper review:

It isn’t all sunshine and rainbows with the original release of Planescape: Torment, and trying to run the original product requires quite a bit of technical voodoo to run on a modern machine.
Retard is lying but whatever.

If I had one word of caution for that new generation, it’s simply this: a lot of gameplay enhancements have occurred over the last 17 years. Torment has 800,000 words of dialogue, and it’s living in a world where Fallout 4 has 110,000 spoken words.
In the P:T case 800k words of dialogue is actually a good thing but this retard says it's a deterrent...

Edit:
https://af.gog.com/wishlist/games/d...anescape_torment_from_the_store?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
ppl who complain about things being too small at high rez need to learn how to hardware-scale games to full screen 4:3 rez.
But then they'd complain about black borders.

It's a pity these idiots are legion.

schru

Arcane
This doesn't sound better than the album that was released probably back in 1999. I wonder if by remastering they didn't just mean using base files for that CD release, in which case the remastering would only apply to the music inside the game.

Their sound tracks for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions aren't any different from the older CD releases either (aside of the tracks from the added content).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This doesn't sound better than the album that was released probably back in 1999. I wonder if by remastering they didn't just mean using base files for that CD release, in which case the remastering would only apply to the music inside the game.

Their sound tracks for Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, and Icewind Dale Enhanced Editions aren't any different from the older CD releases either (aside of the tracks from the added content).

The PST:EE OST features all tracks in MP3 (320 kbit) and lossless FLAC format. PST:EE features newly encoded versions of the original tracks

schru

Arcane
Yes, I've read that and that is how they released sound tracks for the other games. I'm just saying that when comparing this music trailer to the tracks from the CD that was released separately from the game (perhaps in 1999, I don't know), the samples in that trailer don't appear to sound any different. They're probably just a little compressed because it's YouTube.

Bill Bisco

Barely Literate
Hi all, I couldn't edit my original post. So I'll post again here.

Apparently my thread was deleted due to forum error. I take back my previous assumption. Julius and the moderation team have restored what they could. Thanks to them. The renewed thread is here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom