Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

leo1.jpg

Funnily enough, I thought this was DiCaprio's most authentic role. Not sure why he won an Oscar for a dirty, panting Revenant.

It was a career achievement award, just happened to be given to him for a film in which he was upstaged by Tom Hardy. Funny people complained about Oscars being awarded like that, but now they're not even worth the pewter they're molded from.

lightbane

Arcane
Looks awesome and way better than AAA games that when they do realistic-looking characters, they mean fugly females and so on.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
90 full areas, 40 + characters, 100 + branching fully voiced conversations, 50 hand drawn full page codex entries, and I think it will end up with about 15 - 20 minutes of cinematic work.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
90 full areas, 40 + characters, 100 + branching fully voiced conversations, 50 hand drawn full page codex entries, and I think it will end up with about 15 - 20 minutes of cinematic work.

In a virtuous and equitable world,
90 k copies sold within first day, 40+ game journos recommending it, 100 + reddit exhilarating posts, 50 congratulatory phone calls from industry legends, and 15 - 20 twitch mainstream gamers playing it non-stop :)

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pyke sorry to squeeze in this thread but are you guys indeed doing work for Wasteland 3? If yes, how's that also going?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well at least that means it's "going" :P
Also amazing visuals as always in the latest pics for Beautiful Desolation!

lightbane

Arcane
How yuuge! the game will be HDD-wise? Will it beat the ridiculous size of FFXV's 50+ GB minimum of available space required?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Pyke are you a compression nerd too? That seems quite lean for 15 min of full 1080 video and all your QXWTFHD maps :D

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Pyke are you a compression nerd too? That seems quite lean for 15 min of full 1080 video and all your QXWTFHD maps :D

I am! Nic actually wrote his own compression system for videos in Unity that lets us use stripped out PNG's for the video. Means we get really good quality and can properly sync the subtitles to frame rates. PNG's have a lot of extraneous data that - when you get rid of it - makes them as small as JPGs but with waaaaaaaaay less artifacts.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Hell yeah, PNGs look great compared to jpegs.

I'm sure it's stressful being a small studio, but I do envy the ability you guys have to wear so many different technical hats. You've got a business case to dabble in areas of interest, who doesn't like that?

Syl

Cipher
PNG's have a lot of extraneous data that - when you get rid of it - makes them as small as JPGs but with waaaaaaaaay less artifacts.
I call bullshit on that.

In non codex speak: That seems really implausible. Do you have some numbers to back that up?

For these 3 pictures for example:
cf594a6d51e0cfc095f3008b076f3d95_original.png

ac78b42c306ee525895956c82082800e_original.png

275f8790770013f958a5bbc61a547c4e_original.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom