Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Best DECKED Gladiator and Seraphim Contest

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The gloves thing is fixed in the final. I asked about that on the official forum because I figured at some point, I might want to try a punchy gladiator.

I've also seen a few items that I didn't quite get the price of them versus what they did, I'm hoping that's fixed as well. We'll see, though.

Golemer

Novice
As far as weird items go, I found this item the first day I downloaded the English demo, and I've kept it for some reason.

Gamebox

I don't know if anyone else has come upon that, but I can't figure out what it is.
It does have the same price as most combat art runes, though.

Malak

Liturgist
Do a search of the official forums, they have talked about the gamebox before. I think it was in reference to an easter egg, but we wouldn't recognize most of them. They have a lot of german related easter eggs :/

Malak

Liturgist
Most of the admissions are nice and put up a good show, I think they are making it hard on the judges. All except one. Michael J's seraphim looks fishy. His items are not blue like they should be.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Good God man! Are you saying what I think you are? Are you saying that Michael is... A CHEATER!?

Malak

Liturgist
I had to point it out. The color wasn't the first thing that perked my interest though, it was the stats on the item. I haven't seen boots that good yet :/

Then again, I still suck at finding the ph4t l3wt. I saw one of those seraphim shields, gold cross with blue energy field, ONCE... and didn't have the cash to get it. It's the one thing I need to have the perfect seraphim... Only a few days left you know :P

Halenthal

Liturgist
I've seen those boots many times, actually. And the color is-I think-possible due to his having the special resistance bonus (which I STILL haven't figured out how to intentionally get). If you have magic resistance, your character has a blue glow, I think. Fire, red glow. Physical is blue. Poison would be a green glow.

As for sucking at finding loot and having the cash to pay for it-well, I'm afraid there's no easy way in the demo to do both. I did it by killing hundreds and hundreds of goblins summoned by the goblin shaman (there's easier ways to make money but it's taking advantage of a bug in the demo) and then I traveled back and forth between two shops....LOTS of times. I've seen shields that sold for 744k (+5 to all spells) and paid around 110k for a sword that gives +3 to all skills. Seen some really incredible rings and amulets, haven't really experimented much with putting them in slots yet though.

Far as I can tell, Michael's character is legit. Tony's gladiator-WOW at the DAMAGE his combo will do. That's incredible. Probably specialized heavily in the arts and skills for just that combo.

I'm glad I'm not a judge, there's some really neat looking characters posted.

Malak

Liturgist
What I meant was the text of the item. Being a Seraphim only item, it would have had the normal light blue text. Wood elf items are dark green, vampiress items are red, etc etc etc.

Anywho, bug? What bug? Besides the 20 other bugs..

I think I may just submit what I have now for my seraphim. She looks veeery nice, I just wanted to get that shield to finish :/

Malak

Liturgist
I don't know what to think of it, to be honest. All I know is, his items don't have any color to them, all grey. And the text has no color either :?

Dang, half the day wasted, and I still need to make a suitable gladiator for the contest. I think I'll take a screenshot of the seraphim today. She does have on item that I don't think any other seraphim in the contest have gotten so far. And let me tell you, I've yet to see another of it. It goes perfectly with the rest of her gear though, she looks very nice.

Halenthal

Liturgist
I tried for hours to get enough money to buy a certain piece of seraphim equipment, then when I finally did have enough cash (170k) I couldn't find it in a store to buy it! *cries* It was some golden chestplate, had a cool name like "Breasts of Strength" or something like that :P

And at one point my seraphim had two of those neat resistances going on at the same time, the ones that give the glow? She was so lit up, I wanted to rename her to 'Radioactive'.

Malak

Liturgist
I'm pretty sure the cost is dependant on your charisma. So you and Michael probably have different charisma then Ty.

And I finished my Seraphim, she'll be added shortly I hope. She is probably my only chance at winning, since I've yet to make a gladiator nearly as impressive as anyone else...

Think we can have nominations from us? Or maybe a miss america speech for the entrees? lol

"What is the one thing you would do for the rest of the world?"

"Bring peace to humanity... by killing all the goblins with my big staff of pain"

Malak

Liturgist
I like many of the poses people picked, like steven D's gladiator. All glowy and stuff. I didn't realize until now that my pose covers up my amulet, oops.

chilipino

Novice
hi I'm Michael J...

I don't know why those boots don't have a blue color to them. I took the screenshot as instructed. Anywho, I've got the saved game in case the judges need it (no need for speculation here). As for the green color... yes, it has to do with my amulet. I don't know why. It's a poison damage +5% amulet and gives some poison resistance too. Happy gaming. :D

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Any chance it's a bug? Maybe an item conflicting with something? Difference in graphics cards? Baby Jesus interfering? It'd be interesting to see someone get the save game and take the screenshot. Mabbe it'll glow for them.

Malak

Liturgist
Yeah the stats match normal stats as seen with other entries, but none of your equipment looks like it has color on it, kinda strange. Obviously from the rest of the screenshot, you have color normal in other aspects of the game.

Malak

Liturgist
Ok I sent in a gladiator. Not sure if he can compete, but he's a claw gladiator. Wanted to make sure there was at least one in there. Heck, we have a torch gladiator lol

Malak

Liturgist
Yeah the first time I looked at him I thought he didn't have any weapons :/

Oh well. I had a much harder time finding stuff for the gladiator.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
That's okay, other than the Attack CA being kind of weak with the claws, they're a pretty neat build. Though, I was wondering, can you dual wield claws?

axel

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
That's okay, other than the Attack CA being kind of weak with the claws, they're a pretty neat build. Though, I was wondering, can you dual wield claws?

There are three screenshots by my count in the gallery with people dual weilding claws.

Malak

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:

I dual wielded claws just fine. And the attack might look small, but they do over 100 damage each. And being so fast, they really are one of the better weapons in the demo. My axe may be able to do more damage, but I could swing 4 times with my claws before the axe hits. The claws are more efficient.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom