Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition Best DECKED Gladiator and Seraphim Contest

Golemer

Novice
I'd have to agree, my Seraphim runs through great with a single claw and she can do decent damage.

And good job and good luck to everyone, these new pictures look really good.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm going to give my own comments on the winners and runners up in this KONTRAVERSHUL RPGCODEX KOMPETISHIUN!

Gladiator
Winner
The Gold glow around the head and the full variety colour in the uniform are what make it stand out for me. Some of the others looked good, but they had dull colours. The double-hammers also give him a feel of all attack and no defense, which I think sits right in well for a Gladiator.

Runner-up 1
He's wearing gold armour and...? The hammer does nice damage, but I think the lack of helmet makes it lacking. It also tries to be all Gold and Godly without being all Gold and Godly, and so therefore fails. It doesn't go far enough to pull it off. Although if it was all Gold, it'd probably be too Gold. The winner is also attacking, in motion, with dual hammers, while this guy is just standing around like a doofus pointing at something.

Runner-up 2
Uhh... no. He's wearing shit all.

Seraphim
Winner
The pose, definately the pose. Looks like she's meditating before launching into a fierce battle.

Runner-up 1
The pose is good, but compared to the first one? This is just a casual "I'm standing here with a pole" pose, as opposed to a "I'm meditating about kicking some serious butt". I like the pole she's holding though and I LOVE the armour. It loses out to the 1st one solely because of the pose. If this Seraphim was posing like the winner, it'd win, hands down.

Runner-up 2
Xanadu!! Looks like she's doing Gym exercises. If we were zoomed in a bit more, it might look ok.

pgriff

Novice
Gladiators

My gladiator is one mean little mofo. He doesn't try to stand out, cause he doesn't need to. His motto is "Stand Beside Me, or Fall Before Me!" He also favors "Why don't ya try picking on someone my size!?!"

His claws are the meanest damage combo I have been able to come up with. He can step up to 3 minotaurs and drop them using just Attack. He never used a heal potion in the demo.

The dual hammers combo definately looked cool for the winning gladiator.

congrats to the winners! :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom