Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best fantasy 4x

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So I was getting really mad because I saw everyone talk about "Caster of Magic" - why would you vote for what's probably some shitty clone?

Then I searched for it. They... They need a dlc? A dlc to my favorite ever 4x game? And it's... Good?
What do you think about criticism of the AI of master of magic and the age of wonders series?

From what I've read about it, caster of magic greatly improves the ai and increases difficulty substantially. There's also some changes made for balance reasons that some players oppose.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Master of Magic

So I was getting really mad because I saw everyone talk about "Caster of Magic" - why would you vote for what's probably some shitty clone?

Then I searched for it. They... They need a dlc? A dlc to my favorite ever 4x game? And it's... Good?
YMMV, it's very different from MoM. More like a total overhaul mod and none of it for the better imo. If I could play vanilla MoM with CoMs improved AI then that would be pretty neat.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Master of Magic

YMMV, it's very different from MoM. More like a total overhaul mod and none of it for the better imo. If I could play vanilla MoM with CoMs improved AI then that would be pretty neat.
Do you mind mentioning some changes they made that you dislike and why?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Okay, I've just got to ask, are you an AI? All your questions have appeared somewhat generated as if you were an AI chatbot.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Okay, I've just got to ask, are you an AI? All your questions have appeared skeeter somewhat generated as if you were an AI chatbot.
Yes, I'm an AI designed to pick the brains of veteran codexers. You're a prime target and these threads have been bait to lure you out in the open.

Anyways, do you guys use any mods on shadow magic? If so, which ones?

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Okay, I've just got to ask, are you an AI? All your questions have appeared somewhat generated as if you were an AI chatbot.
Also, is being an AI like being a cop? If you ask an AI if they're AI, if they don't tell you, is it entrapment?

Well, I'm not AI.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
What's the last digit of π?
We've actually calculated that number just wait on the early access release of our AI, expected to be on steam in the first quarter of 2023. We will continue to work hard to improve your experience from there.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
We've found lukaszek's long lost brother.
No the truth is, as I've stated elsewhere here, I grew up gaming mostly western RPGs but some fantasy strategy games as well. As anyone who is on this forum knows, fantasy strategy is a niche within a niche and I wanted to know if I have a monocled taste.

Or is that an AI generated backstory to cover my tracks?

You decide.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Master of Magic

Suffice to say the changes came down to increasing the game speed and pace far too much for my taste.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Master of Magic

Suffice to say the changes came down to increasing the game speed and pace far too much for my taste.
Thanks for the response. Are there any other games in the genre that you think come close to master of magic?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
For me only Age of Wonders 1, 2 and Shadow Magic came close, but they're still not as good. But they look pretty.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I bought it today.
That's awesome, be sure to let us know what you think when you get around to playing it!

Despite the fact that the codex detectives have exposed me as merely an advanced AI this thread has been a great success.

I got to read the monocled preferences of fantasy strategy veterans and one of the veterans was exposed to something they might enjoy.

visions

Arcane

What do you think about criticism of the AI of master of magic and the age of wonders series?
AoW 1 is my favorite game of all time but the AI is pants on head retarded and way too passive. It would be better if it was retarded but at least aggressive.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

AoW 1 is my favorite game of all time but the AI is pants on head retarded and way too passive. It would be better if it was retarded but at least aggressive.
Did you ever try the improved AI of caster of magic?

octavius

Arcane
Patron

I used a self made mod - Petrus Mod - which is a combo of UOP 1.4 and the Wizards&Heroes mod, plus my own modifications (like adding the new 1.4 units to various sites), designed for single player.
Haven't gotten around to trying 1.5 yet, or any other mods that may have appeared the past ten years.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

I used a self made mod - Petrus Mod - which is a combo of UOP 1.4 and the Wizards&Heroes mod, plus my own modifications (like adding the new 1.4 units to various sites), designed for single player.
Haven't gotten around to trying 1.5 yet, or any other mods that may have appeared the past ten years.
Is there just 1 site that contains shadow magic mods?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom