Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best RPG of the year - 2011 Top 10

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Can think of 3 from the top of my head (2 beeing counted as 1/2 each ;)):

- Legend of Grimrock
- Avernum: Escape from the pit (for Mac at least, PC version scheduled for 2012)
- Skyrim
- Torchlight II

btw guys: Jaesun stated in the OP that you are allowed to change your posts (votes) if you change your opinion until the vote is officially counted.

Multi-headed Cow

Skyrim
Dungeons of Dredmor
Fallout New Vegas Old World Blues

There's my top 3 thus far. I'll come back and edit Skyrim down if I change my mind on it, but dumping 5 hours into it so far has it up there.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
My only vote so far,

- Skyrim

Typical Jaesun, trying so hard to stomp out anything he doesn't view as an RPG. Kind of surprised he hasn't moved all of the Skyrim threads to General Gaming, but I guess he can't get away with that.

Anyways, while I had some fun with DX3, I couldn't be bothered to finish it, Dragon Age 2 sucked, and you have to be joking to consider New Vegas DLC a full game.

Nope

Liturgist
Fable 3 Dog Outfit DLC. :obviously:
GOG release of Darklands
The Witcher 2 and Old World Blues.

Ivory Samoan

Liturgist
Old World Blues - New Vegas gets even better, radscorpion soup with a side of nuka cola thanks.

Skyrim - Enjoying it, 100 hours deep.

Witcher 2 - Even though my graphics card had disagreements on a regular basis with it, was still great.

DX : HR - Close enough to rpg, makes the list.

BobtheTree

Savant
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money

I did play The Witcher 2, but it is not a game I can in good conscious vote for as a best RPG of 2011. While this thread has discussed a lot over whether or not it was a good RPG, I just never found it to be a good game.

tindrli

Arcane
truly a disastrous year for RPG :M

UNEPIC
FRAYED KNIGHTS
DEMISE: ASCENSION
AVADON
BREATH OF DEATH VII

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom