Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
franko3.png

Witamy w krainie gdzie obcy ginie.

Ehhh, I have mixed feelings about this. Still, I may support Franko 2. Local patriotism n shit.
The last stage should be Skolwin.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's not like he's making moves on his secretary or lured her to an in-person meeting under the guise of business. This is a woman in a completely different part of the industry who he is contacting in a personal manner at 10PM at night. Are you trying to say that people with jobs aren't allowed to be caught flirting, ever?
You are not allowed to keep flirting when it's unwanted.
More importantly, he was actually trying to get information about gaming on the side while doing his shitty flirting. That should probably stain his company a bit.
Seems more like he was doing the shitty flirting on the side, while trying to get information about a game.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It's not like he's making moves on his secretary or lured her to an in-person meeting under the guise of business. This is a woman in a completely different part of the industry who he is contacting in a personal manner at 10PM at night. Are you trying to say that people with jobs aren't allowed to be caught flirting, ever?
You are not allowed to keep flirting when it's unwanted.
More importantly, he was actually trying to get information about gaming on the side while doing his shitty flirting. That should probably stain his company a bit.
Seems more like he was doing the shitty flirting on the side, while trying to get information about a game.
Well the game inquiry didn't last nearly as long as the "I WOULD TAKE CARE OF YOU UNTIL YOU ARE SHIVERING AND CANT WALK," so I made a slight joke about it.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Big fucking deal.... it's not like he told her he wanted to mouthrape her cat, while fisting her daughter and videotaping it, or shitting on her stomach...

He just wants to put his dick in her... :hug:

That is so fucking hot! He should've said that, except change "or" to "and". Then instead of being reviled across the internet, he'd be in there.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
There's also the case of that low-level Microsoft exec who was rude to people on twitter, ended with him being fired, having to move, and receiving death threats.

I'm assuming you're talking about Adam Orth, and to be fair this guy was the creative director for Microsoft, and responding to a very serious PR issue that your consumers have with your product with "Deal with it" on a public platform like Twitter is the equivalent of standing on a podium in front of your entire consumer base and telling them to go fuck themselves. This is base-level PR 101. The current situation isn't quite comparable since it's basically a private conversation between two people that will only go public if the other party feels inclined to reveal the information.

Microsoft in general handled the situation very, very badly in the first few months following the revelations of always online/no used game/big brother microsoft is always watching you. That incident with the (now former) CEO of Microsoft Games telling the fans to just stick with the 360 if they can't stay online also comes to mind.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
There's also the case of that low-level Microsoft exec who was rude to people on twitter, ended with him being fired, having to move, and receiving death threats.

I'm assuming you're talking about Adam Orth, and to be fair this guy was the creative director for Microsoft, and responding to a very serious PR issue that your consumers have with your product with "Deal with it" on a public platform like Twitter is the equivalent of standing on a podium in front of your entire consumer base and telling them to go fuck themselves. This is base-level PR 101. The current situation isn't quite comparable since it's basically a private conversation between two people that will only go public if the other party feels inclined to reveal the information.

Microsoft in general handled the situation very, very badly in the first few months following the revelations of always online/no used game/big brother microsoft is always watching you. That incident with the (now former) CEO of Microsoft Games telling the fans to just stick with the 360 if they can't stay online also comes to mind.

I know it was a PR fuckup, and the guy deserved to get sacked because of it. I mentioned it because it resulted in the same kind of insane witch hunt. Similarly, shortly after the Boston Bombings, there was a subreddit devoted to an "investigation" into the identity of the perpetrator, which had people watch security footage to single out "suspects", whom they would proceed to stalk and harass.

Anonymity and an audience are supposed to turn normal people into jackasses on the Internet, but I find self-righteousness at a critical mass way scarier than your typical troll assholery.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
lol @ the socially-stunted/maladjusted posters itt, do you even interact with women in your day-to-day lives, I both doubt it and hope not

This also goes to show that as far as some men are concerned sexual harassment cannot possibly exist because they will always find some way to rationalize how it isn't.

Josh Sawyer said:
here's advice nobody asked for, but is given from experience: if you make 2 advances on a person and they don't respond positively, stop.
like, just totally stop. you and that person both have more productive things you can do with your short time on this earf.
is there another type of interaction where people would take silence in the face of repeated propositions as acceptance?
"hey how about you give me the car for free hahaha?" *5 mins later* "well he didn't say no, therefore he accepted my 'joke' offer."
"so we want a 50% royalty rate too, okay?" *5 mins later* "dude, he didn't say no to my offer, that means we get a 50% royalty rate!"

I can still only dream of a day when most women decide to hell with social conditioning and tell gross men to fuck off.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I know it was a PR fuckup, and the guy deserved to get sacked because of it. I mentioned it because it resulted in the same kind of insane witch hunt. Similarly, shortly after the Boston Bombings, there was a subreddit devoted to an "investigation" into the identity of the perpetrator, which had people watch security footage to single out "suspects", whom they would proceed to stalk and harass.

Anonymity and an audience are supposed to turn normal people into jackasses on the Internet, but I find self-righteousness at a critical mass way scarier than your typical troll assholery.

I'll admit that 'doxing', as the redditards love to call it, is a much more frightening phenomenon than alot of people realize right now. All fun and games a few years ago when the retards on 4chan were doing it do dumbass kids who abused cats and scientologists, but the idea that your life can potentially be ruined due to some retarded comment you made, sometimes even years before, is very terrifying. One of the main reasons why I've never created a twitter and am very careful on what I post on facebook.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

I'll admit that 'doxing', as the redditards love to call it, is a much more frightening phenomenon than alot of people realize right now. All fun and games a few years ago when the retards on 4chan were doing it do dumbass kids who abused cats and scientologists, but the idea that your life can potentially be ruined due to some retarded comment you made, sometimes even years before, is very terrifying. One of the main reasons why I've never created a twitter and am very careful on what I post on facebook.
Alternatively you could just avoid acting like a creepy sleazebag. Problem solved.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
Alternatively you could just avoid acting like a creepy sleazebag. Problem solved.
So basically, people must never ever make mistakes while their young and stupid or pissed off their tits anymore? The reason why I'm not sympathetic to people like Adam Forth was that they made blunders that no sane or sober man in their twenties should ever make, and he got a reasonable punishment for it. Are you seriously suggesting that comments that a man makes while he's stone-drunk should be stuck to him for the rest of his life?

I'll admit, under normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't be defending him. Hell, I'd probably be laughing at him if he made these comments in a social circumstance, but the fact that he's being eviscerated for it by the SJW crowd when he was clearly not in the state of mind to be making rational decisions is simply ridiculous.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mitt Romney literally held down a homosexual man and forcibly cut his faggy haircut, in addition to submitting his dog to the torture of riding on top of his car for 12 hours later on in his life, and was caught on camera telling rich people he gave no fucks about 47% of the US and still got 47% of the American vote in the 2012 presidential election.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Why do you need privacy? Do you have anything to hide?

Mitt Romney literally held down a homosexual man and forcibly cut his faggy haircut, in addition to submitting his dog to the torture of riding on top of his car for 12 hours later on in his life, and was caught on camera telling rich people he gave no fucks about 47% of the US and still got 47% of the American vote in the 2012 presidential election.

Would that we all had millions of dollars worth of PR and a dedicated following brought forth by a centuries-old political division. I'm sure this guy could shrug off all this outrage if he had that as well. As you keenly observed, politicians have gotten away with way worse shit. The IndieStatik dude won't, because he's relatively powerless, and therefore a prime target for the moral outrage brigade.

At the end of the day, it's just bullying. Pick on the weak, because the strong won't give a shit. It's also why SJWs focus so much of their attention online, in the real world they matter very little.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm sure this guy could shrug off all this outrage if he had that as well. As you keenly observed, politicians have gotten away with way worse shit. The IndieStatik dude won't, because he's relatively powerless, and therefore a prime target for the moral outrage brigade.
I bet he can shrug it off on account of being a straight white cisman. The last time I checked Hugo Schwyzer wasn't living in a dumpster.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I'm sure this guy could shrug off all this outrage if he had that as well. As you keenly observed, politicians have gotten away with way worse shit. The IndieStatik dude won't, because he's relatively powerless, and therefore a prime target for the moral outrage brigade.
I bet he can shrug it off on account of being a straight white cisman. The last time I checked Hugo Schwyzer wasn't living in a dumpster.

I know, right? Straight white cismen vs everybody else is the only relevant power dynamic to be found in modern societies.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So basically, people must never ever make mistakes while their young and stupid or pissed off their tits anymore? The reason why I'm not sympathetic to people like Adam Forth was that they made blunders that no sane or sober man in their twenties should ever make, and he got a reasonable punishment for it. Are you seriously suggesting that comments that a man makes while he's stone-drunk should be stuck to him for the rest of his life?

I'll admit, under normal circumstances, I probably wouldn't be defending him. Hell, I'd probably be laughing at him if he made these comments in a social circumstance, but the fact that he's being eviscerated for it by the SJW crowd when he was clearly not in the state of mind to be making rational decisions is simply ridiculous.
"I was drunk" remains a pretty easy excuse though. We don't really know if it's true, or if that was even the cause of his behavior.

And yeah, the internet can be a pretty unforgiving place (and normally the Codex would cheer this on), it's an extra incentive not to be a goddamn jerk. But he at least apologized, so he's on the right track.
Why do you need privacy? Do you have anything to hide?
You don't understand privacy.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
lol @ the socially-stunted/maladjusted posters itt, do you even interact with women in your day-to-day lives, I both doubt it and hope not

This also goes to show that as far as some men are concerned sexual harassment cannot possibly exist because they will always find some way to rationalize how it isn't.

I can still only dream of a day when most women decide to hell with social conditioning and tell gross men to fuck off.

You know what pisses me off about your kind? The way you seem to paint all men as evil and act like women can never do any wrong. I went to a university LGBT meeting a week ago, just to see what whole thing was about, and it was basically a bunch of angry lesbians talking about the evils of men and the patriarchal society. Basically the same kind of drivel we hear flowing from your mouth daily. Half an hour in I felt so physically uncomfortable that I got up and left. It wasn't even that I was in disagreement with everything they said, but the way in which it was said made me feel like I was a criminal sitting in their midst. The best part is that I'm a gay man, yet they spent so much time down-talking men that I was not comfortable enough to stay to the end of their meeting. An LGBT meeting.

Have you ever considered that a large part of the reason you and all your little SJW friends are looked down upon with such disdain is because that is how you treat other people? You catch more flies with honey than vinegar and nowhere does that seem to be more applicable than in your case. I'm still a relatively young gay guy and naturally I'm a strong supporter of gay rights and it follows that I also support women's rights activism, because the plight is not so different. The thing here is that even though some of our views might align, your (and by extension people like you) method of campaigning is so obnoxious that I would rather shove pencils into my eyes than try to engage with you.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
He must be talking to no one, for surely there aren't any posters on the codex gullible enough to fall for any kind of elaborate troll masquerading as a feminist/Josh Sawyer stalker.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
indeed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom