Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Amasius

Augur
The Walkin' Dude said:
Amasius said:
You phayle.
Fixed. This is how its supposed to be written, dumbfuck.
My english sucks, but at least it's still english and not dumbspeak.

Lumpy said:
Amasius said:
You fail. This thread is about genuine stupidity not about boring trolls.
Ironically, this thread actually started with the posting of a troll.
Ok, I have to correct: this thread is about genuine stupidity elsewhere and about boring trolls originated from the Codex.

Darkflame

Scholar
what are your artificial rules for roleplaying purposes? Some of mine are --

1 - Sleep for at least 6 hours a night. If I can't get a bed, I wait in an alley or something and be a little tired that day.

2 - Eat 2 to 3 meals a day, depending who I'm being

3 - No more than 75 pounds to carry at once Unless if I raise my Strength up higher. (That's what I forgot.)

4 - I can't have more than 5 arrows in me at once in one battle

5 - No more than 6 blows from any weapon in one battle

6 - No more than 2 Arena matches per game day

7 - No fast travel

8 - Spells can't be learned until I can actually CAST the spell

9 - No godly effects such as 100% Chameleon can be used as constant effect on any item

10 - No constant saving and reloading if something bad happens. (I don't always use this one)

11 - If I'm good, I constantly give food to beggars or visit the chapel. If I'm evil, I put Human Hearts in the food bags and beat up people at the chapel. (As in, follow up my role playing style by showing it)

12 - Keep the difficulty bar around the hard side, and then DON'T MOVE IT

13 - If I switch from one sword to a different sword, I might drop the previous sword on the ground if I'm rushing.

I'll edit when I think of more. If anyone is wondering, these are NOT in order of importance.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=733161

Müg

Scholar
Darkflame said:
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=733161
As for eating regular meals, all I do is buy some meat and a fruit. Depending on the meal, I might have some bread or even a Sweet roll for dessert. (along with having a fork/knife/spoon in my inventory). As for a drink, I buy Beer to celebrate something or make Restore Fatigue potions called Water. (Because I don't have Beer every meal, now do I?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Callaxes said:
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=733626

This guy made 2 obvious sarcasm threads and nobody hasn't realised it yet! What's wrong with these people?

21chuck said:
I think you're going to have to overcome your little problem, because there's nothing wrong with facegen. Roleplaying is all about creating and being the character you want to be, and your appearance is part of that!

So roleplaying for him is playing dress up.

Müg

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
So roleplaying for him is playing dress up.
This seems to be anime fan thinking.
Or they could do it like Halo, where your guy would wear a protective VaultTec suit throughout the game. Halo ain't no CRPG, but if it had stats it would make a great CRPG, simply because of the fact that you don't have to worry about the estetics of your character and only focus on RP. Too bad there weren't many chooices though.
what?!

wasting time on face-gen was in my opinion one of the best parts of the game.
The Oblivion facegen wasn't very good, to be true. The human faces I've seen in Fallout 3 screenshots so far looked very good (no females yet though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) ), which makes me very happy since I love fiddling with stuff like that. Oh god how many hours have I not spent in Sims 2 just generating faces... best Facegen I have ever tried!

summer said:
I like face gen and hope I can make a nice looking female character. Pretty and petite with a foul mouth and a mean spirit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Callaxes

Arbiter
So basicly you have the sexual taste of a 60 year old sadistic neo-natzi, pro-functo spiritualist, sendetarian and internet whore drag queen?

Müg

Scholar
Admiral jimbob said:
But Summer makes virtual representations of herself.
Pretty and petite are not the first words to come to mind with her.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Admiral jimbob said:
Müg said:
Admiral jimbob said:
But Summer makes virtual representations of herself.
Pretty and petite are not the first words to come to mind with her.

Yes, but remember, she also seems to believe people actually want to look at that picture of hers. I think someone is a bit delusional.

Some people do want to look at her picture so they can make funny things with photoshop.

And there's always the masochists ,although I think not even they would dare to look at her for more than one minute.

Rancen

Educated
My friend, Oblivion is the greatest gaming experience that I have ever had in a single player game. It took up 350+ Hours of my life, it is well worth it!
God, forgive them. They dont know what they're saying.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Fallout.gif

Lumpy

Arcane
Super-mutant males could reproduce at any time but female mutants are sterile. And they probably can't reproduce with women because of too different d'nah.
Fallout 2's easter egg didn't contradict the canon, just logic.

Lingwe

Liturgist
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... 2439&st=40

All from the same guy in one thread. He really is something.

On iso t/b combat.
[quoteFallout's creators also included turn based combat to show how great turn based combat can be, they failed.[/quote]

After BrotherNone posted 5 reviews in which the reviewers praised the combat system.
I have only heard of one of those sites, they are probably hardcore isometric fans to have reviews of Fallout therefore they are not reputable, turn based combat in Fallout consisted of pointing and clicking and praying your enemy died before you did, it is what it is, maybe they did show how great turn based can be, compared to other systems it stinks.

They succeeded in making Fallout turn based, but failed showing people how fun it can be, their design choices were not perfect.

When BrotherNone asked if it was an opinion or fact
I think even most of the turn based fans will tell you Fallout's combat stunk, based on that I would have to say fact.
He thinks it is a fact?

Don't spend more than 20 bucks on Planescape, I have it and it's not that great, I made the mistake of buying a game that everyone said I had to play to know what I was talking about (Jagged Alliance 2) and it was a horrible game.
You can see why he likes Fallout 3.

I would say that virtual reality is realistic, first person is semi-realistic, 3rd person is unrealistic, and isometric view is ultra-unrealistic.
Which is why he thinks that every game needs to a virtual reality drive.

That's not true, heavy action game implies Quake or Halo, I don't play those games, I just like games that don't have combat with the pace of a snail, Swat 4 and Hitman are examples of games that have a good balance between action and tactics, Swat 4 is first person/RT and is more tactical than any TB game I have ever played.
You can definitely see why he is looking forward to Fallout 3 now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom