Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Cazzeris

Who is TotalBiscuit?

John Bain. At 29 years old, he's better known to the internet by a handful of online pseudonyms including "TotalBiscuit," "The Cynical Brit," and "TotalHalibut," the names he goes by when broadcasting his reflections and criticisms of video games on YouTube. With more than 1.6 million subscribers on the site, he's not the most popular video game personality out there, but his followers are so passionate they've been more than half-seriously described as a cult.

And what does the Codex think about him?

Sodafish

Arcane
United States. Even accounting for lack of Britishness... I don't know. I've been to Britain. The guy just didn't strike me as near my age. Maybe being an irritating cunt is a universally aging phenomenon.

We US citizens have a well researched and documented bias towards thinking British accents are formal and mature compared to ours.

Even those of Neds?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
And actually this was known since last month but nobody noticed?
What? Suprised that people were wise enough to ignore that drama queen?
Well, me too.

"YouTube's #1 PC gaming critic"
What a
KpsYeOr.gif

Give him some older game and he a) don't have much chance b) start whinning about archaic mechanism or other shit that make it unplayable for him.
For me - he's nobody.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I find his videos informative but he's a graphics whore, which annoys me, and he comes off as super arrogant even when he's being retarded, like when he praised nuThief.

Still, he covers shit about PC ports and games no other outlet does. Eurogamer will do a 5,000 word essay about the subtle shadow quality differences between the PS4 and Xbone versions of a game but they won't even bother to give a sentence on important PC port shit like FOV, mouse aim and customized keys.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Serioustalk, though, everybody should get cameras in their turdshoot. I have had some, and once they even let me keep the picture. (I have one in my wallet, it's so gross.)

The doctor even said my colon was "pristine." And the food I eat is probably indistinguishable from the very bottom layer of film of the inside of a garbage truck.

Moral of the Story: TotalBiscuit is a sometimes a twat and mostly a rube, but cancer is bad and buttcancer is doubly bad because it's really easily prevented/discovered.

Deleted member 7219

Instead of talking about how much he likes a game (like AngryJoe, and JeremyJahns when he reviews games instead of movies), he likes to lay down the law and speak about how he's right and other people are wrong, and other people are stupid if they don't agree with him. And he does so much drama.... so, so much drama.

Of course, there's a lot of that here at the Codex but we are an internet forum, we don't get paid for sharing our opinions and everyone disagrees with everyone else. He is basically a forum poster, but with income and internet fame.

I do think he gets things right more often than he gets things wrong, but he does have retarded moments and he blows his own trumpet far too often. And he has a stupid obsession with FOV and other settings that don't really matter.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
He's also extremely blunt when directly addressing his audience, which rubs alot of them the wrong way and makes him look like a bit of a cunt.

Plus he's fucking terrible player and that often influences his impressions. He will ignore obvious clues then complain the game isn't clear about where you should go next, he will miss easy jumps and complain about backtracking, he will die on the tutorial and have the game bug out because it didn't expect any player to be that inept. At least with Angry Joe you don't have to watch him hump a ledge for two minutes.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Plus he's fucking terrible player and that often influences his impressions. He will ignore obvious clues then complain the game isn't clear about where you should go next, he will miss easy jumps and complain about backtracking, he will die on the tutorial and have the game bug out because it didn't expect any player to be that inept. At least with Angry Joe you don't have to watch him hump a ledge for two minutes.

Giant Bomb is the same way. I would guess most game press are. No wonder we have quest markers.

Modron

Arcane
Eh his harping on FOV is kind of retarded though since he does not really understand it see his tex murphy video where he complains about FoV being low because it's capped at 90 nevermind that 90 gave the game a fisheye lens like affect on his screen.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Eh his harping on FOV is kind of retarded though since he does not really understand it see his tex murphy video where he complains about FoV being low because it's capped at 90 nevermind that 90 gave the game a fisheye lens like affect on his screen.
Ohh, that's bad then. It's pretty sad when someone who is obsessed with FOV can't understand the concept of vertical vs. horizontal!!! 90 degrees vertical at a 16:9 aspect ratio is about 121 degrees horizontal.

Modron

Arcane
I remember when they used to remove "lol it's a parody games" from greenlight now they just release them straight to store mo' money is mo' money right?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"WACKY SYMZ"/not-even-trying games need to go. How they got the nerve to ask for money for this shit is beyond me. That Bubsy3D is the only one I played, and yeah, it was funny. But it was also free and extremely short. I don't understand paying for these with either time or money.

Jigawatt

Arcane
I like that there are games like this to separate idiots from their cash $6 at a time. One guy in the reviews has 1,744 other games he could be playing, but instead threw down the cash, spent 25 minutes of his life playing it and then went on to write up a 500 word rant about being ripped off. Maybe one day he'll fucking learn.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
They should just split these off into an entirely new genre: "LP-only", since it's clear most of these simulator games have the barest of effort put into them and only exist to give a shit-stain like PewDiePie something that's LOLSOWACKY for him to dedicate 500+ videos to.

I'm not even joking here, the fact that a game called Goat Simulator was made more-or-less solely because PewDiePie wanted it to happen along with his legion of 12 year olds and autists are just a small demonstration on what's in store for us in the near future.

Xeon

Augur
I think its by the same Devs that made One Finger Death Punch. Kikoskia was playing OFDP and on one of the videos this cat kept showing up.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I remember when they used to remove "lol it's a parody games" from greenlight now they just release them straight to store mo' money is mo' money right?
More like completely given up on quality control. It's probably costing them money since people are less likely to make impulse purchases when there's a high chance of getting complete crap.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom