Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Wonder what Twitch staff member she's sucking off to not get banned.
Hassan, who else?
tnps3gdy30tz.jpg

Max Stats

Liturgist
Dumb bitch retard camwhore twitch titty streamer says that a kid who got in a near fatal car crash doesn't need money to get the medical bills covered.
MdSrZto.png

Hey, you take that back, Pink Sparkles is a very hardworking and caring pair of tits who sometimes has lego legends on in the background ok?

This is the eThot riddled world that nerds wanted.

She's not entirely wrong, either. If medical bills are needed and you can't pay, sue the fucking driver who did it, don't start a gofraudme.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
She's not entirely wrong, either. If medical bills are needed and you can't pay, sue the fucking driver who did it, don't start a gofraudme.
What if the other driver died or doesn't have a penny to pay? And besides, it's rather about the irony of the situation considering she makes her money by just showing her tits to thirsty betas on Twitch. She also comes off as an stupid bitch (which she is) by saying 'there are people who actually need this money.' Hey dumbass, that's the point, it's for people who can and are willing to part with some of their money for a cause they might think is more worthy than spending it on themselves, it's not like this is targeted at homeless people to make them cover the medical costs.

Drakron

Arcane
What if the other driver died or doesn't have a penny to pay?
What are insurances?
What are civil cases?
And besides, it's rather about the irony of the situation considering she makes her money by just showing her tits to thirsty betas on Twitch.
As much I like ironing there are a lot of frauds with sob stories looking for donations, in fact I assumed it was about "my cousin accident" that the reply under it because they are very frequent.

Edit:
A simple google search locates the twitter account ...
Partnered @Twitch Streamer for @TeamKaliber | Use code “NuFo” for discounts on @GFuelEnergy & @ScufGaming |

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
http://www.clickhole.com/blogpost/modern-video-games-are-giving-kids-unrealistic-sta-6638#1,

Modern Video Games Are Giving Kids Unrealistic Standards For How Many Swords They Can Carry At One Time

800.jpg

Some people would tell you we’re in a golden age of video gaming. Between incredible advances in graphics, a booming indie scene, and virtual reality just over the horizon, I am almost inclined to believe them. But while video games might be improving, nobody seems to be paying attention to what lessons the most impressionable gamers are learning from them. Like it or not, modern video games are giving kids totally unrealistic standards for how many swords they can carry at one time.

I make it my business as a mother to pay attention to the media my kids consume, and I don’t like what I’ve been seeing. I’ve watched them play video games where they can get 10, 15, even 20 swords, and carry them around without the slightest inconvenience. As an adult, I know that’s unrealistic, but children who haven’t even carried one sword yet can’t help but unconsciously internalize it as an impossible standard, one that’s setting them up for disappointment and frustration when carrying swords later in life. What kind of parent would I be if I just let that go unaddressed?

Of course, I’ve sat down with my children and explained that, realistically, a person can only hope to carry three swords at once, at most five, if they’re carrying one in each hand, too. The fact is, though, that video games are far more visceral and engrossing than any lecture can hope to be. They’ve experienced picking up longsword after broadsword after shortsword in full HD, complete with exciting sound effects and controller rumbles, and that’s going to leave way more of an impression than my unglamorous words of caution. Up against the thrill of a big-budget video game, a parent just can’t realistically hope to compete.

But out in the real world, I’m worried that they’ll be in for a rude awakening. I shudder to think of my kids grown up and staggering around with half a dozen swords strapped to their back and several on each hip, or worse, armfuls of unsheathed blades. How will they open doors? How can they possibly go up or down stairs? How many childhood gamers need to throw out their backs before we finally tackle this issue head-on?

I’d love to be able to write these games off as harmless wish fulfillment, but what’s “harmless” about literally rewiring children’s brains to see effortlessly toting five swords, two axes, a dozen potions, and a hundred hobgoblin skulls as normal? Nothing.

I don’t believe the developers behind games like Skyrim or the new Legend Of Zelda are bad people, but I do believe they’re shirking their responsibility to our children. By creating thrilling, consequence-free sword-hauling simulators, they’re inadvertently teaching kids lessons about backpacks and weight limits that are going to be a lot harder to unlearn. In some cases, gamers are even being taught they can increase how many swords they can carry simply by trading in magic seeds or power jewels, as if their expectations weren’t unrealistic enough already.

When a generation that grew up thinking it can strap on nearly unlimited katanas, claymores, falchions, and gladiuses finally comes face to face with reality, it’s going to be ugly. People are going to get hurt, probably by tripping. When that day comes, if I were a designer who gave players dozens of inventory slots, I’d take a long, hard look in the mirror and ask myself what I could have done differently. And if I were one today, I’d ask myself what I could do right now to prevent some poor gamer from accidentally burying herself under a hillock of blades.

It’s not too late to be part of the solution.

Video games have so much to offer, from stimulating kids’ imaginations to telling immersive stories to encouraging social bonding. But as long as their creators keep slipping in irresponsible messaging about the capacity of a canvas rucksack, they’ll never reach their full potential. It’s long past time we changed that.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
lmao I thought it was fake lol
It's ClickHole, owned by The Onion, specifically satirizing clickbait sites.
They got some decent video game clickbait stuff on there:
http://www.clickhole.com/article/inspiring-video-game-developer-making-his-employee-7512
http://www.clickhole.com/video/progress-video-game-features-protagonist-wheelchai-3554

They've also got a bunch of choose-your-own-adventure games for some reason: http://www.clickhole.com/clickventure/you-are-united-nations-secretary-general-can-you-u-5813

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/644763/The+Division+devs+are+working+on+a+Battle+Royale+game/

The Division devs are working on a Battle Royale game
Our sources claim that the studio is hard at work on a new game akin to PUBG and Fortnite.

Massive Entertainment in Malmö (Sweden) are a busy bunch these days. Besides working away on the highly anticipated sequel to The Division, they are also constantly updating the first game AND they're working on the upcoming Avatar game which will most likely hit shelves around the same time as James Cameron's Avatar 2 (which is arriving in cinemas in December 2019).

Even with all of that on their collective plate, we've heard via an anonymous source inside the studio that Massive is also working on a Battle Royale title in the same vein as the popular Fortnite and Playerunknown's Battlegrounds.

Apparently, Ubisoft commisioned Massive to start looking into the Battle Royale game type in January of this year and Massive has reported back to their owners that they could cook up something fun in a pretty short amount of time, especially considering The Division itself contains almost all of the ingredients needed to make this kind of shooter.

We've reached out to Ubisoft and will report if and when they get back to us.

I'm looking forward to count number of battle royale games presented at this year's E3.

Gerrard

Arcane
Who's working on The Division 2 then? Ubisoft late on the bandwagon again. Really surprised they haven't done it with Wildlands.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom