Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I miss old LGR.

https://sportv.globo.com/site/e-spo...utistas-e-brtt-rebate-tem-que-se-tratar.ghtml

Advisor of Flamengo labels LoL's team as "autistic nerds", and brTT rebates: "She needs treatment"

Marion Kaplan says he will work to "extirpate" the club's modality: "It hurts the statute because it is not a sport," he said. Community and professional players react

+ League of Legends team of Flamengo is eighth best in the world, according to site ranking

A series of posts by a Flamengo councilor generated a revolt of the electronic sports community in Brazil. Over the weekend and this Monday, Marion Kaplan made several attacks on the club's League of Legends team after considering that the industry receives greater attention than women's football and Olympic sports in the Black-Red. In one of the statements, the counselor comes to use a disorder as a form of attack.

On Saturday, in a posting of the official electronic sports profile of the club, the council opened the controversy saying that Flamengo releases a "nerd of the worst kind."

- Who would have thought, huh? Flamengo divulging a nerd of the worst kind, symbol of unsportsmanship, and nothing of the feminine soccer. Not a line ...

Then on Sunday and Monday, Marion justifies that he will work to "extirpate" the LoL from the Flamengo structure saying that the modality hurts the status of the club for "not being a sport" and is a "joke ready walking ". Discomforted by the web, the counselor called the players "autistic nerds of the worst kind."

- A nerd who stays for hours in front of a screen, practicing something that is neither physical nor cultural activity. It is not outdoors and is of no use. That is, if I say "autistic nerd of the worst kind" became clearer, no? - said (see all posts at the end of this report).

Speaking to SporTV.com on Monday, Marion said the motivation for the attacks comes from the "rage" that followed the rebound and also sees the electronic sport receiving a lot of attention from the club.

- I'm fed up. I went to visit women's football and I was ashamed. Flamengo does nothing for them, does not even give medical care. Now I got "angry" (with the repercussion). It is not sport, it goes against the statute. I do not regret having spoken like this. I know that many are autistic, my family is of psychoanalysts. They thought it was prejudice, but it's true.

Wanted, Flamengo confirms that Marion Kaplan is indeed a club advisor.

brTT retorts, and players revolt

Main star of Flamengo's League of Legends, Felipe "brTT" reacted to the advisor's posts. Team leader who is isolated leader of the main championship of the game in Brazil, the player showed indignation with the position of Marion.

"You have to seek treatment," he said.

Other professional players of the game also entered the discussion. Rafael "Rakin", a player of the American Team Liquid, proposed a dialogue with the counselor, who did not accept and said that in the face of violent attacks and threats, he realized "how much LoL has to be extirpated."

Still in contact with the report from SporTV.com, Marion said she was surprised by the repercussion of the case and that the fuse was the current situation of the women's football of the club.

- I have a big statement to make. I did not expect this whole repercussion. I wanted to bring some publicity to the other sports. The last straw really was the situation with women's football," she said.

Flamengo in electronic sports
At the end of 2017, Flamengo launched an unprecedented project in Brazil for the electronic sports sector. Aiming to reach new fans, the club's marketing department captained the entry project into the League of Legends scenario, the largest mode of competitive gaming in the country.

The sector works with an independent budget, and the leaders guarantee that it is a self-sustaining modality. In 2018, revenue was estimated at R $ 1.5 million. For this year, an increase of R $ 2.8 million is expected.

In a little more than a year of design, Flamengo was runner-up of the Challenge Circuit (type of access division) and also of the Brazilian League of Legends Championship (elite division). This season, the club is isolated leader of the main national competition.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
comment_PRig6NlLyNwVFcAkeBZrAnX59VvjY9L4.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Cool retro game articles from the latest issue of Wireframe. PDF is free to download: https://wireframe.raspberrypi.org/issues/8

p44.
Wizball - How songwriting experience can transform game design
Sensible Software’s Wizball is a C64 classic, but it wouldn’t have been the same without the studio’s other passion: making music

p50.
Team17 - Looking back to the earlier years of a British success story

Thane Solus

Arcane
G5o3BIl.jpg

I guess i can stop playing now, it seems i already saved the world! (US and Mexico were natural RNG, the last one was Canada Terror Mission, and i said to myself, this is too good, let them burn:)))
:yeah:
(LW Rebalanced - Pretty Guud!)

Grimlorn

Arcane
Jesus Aztecs invading across the Atlantic? What are they going to do invade and then immediately die of disease?

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
if it only wasn't for the conquistadors - they would have invented vaccines (and boats of course) eventually, you racist bigot... or maybe even fly over on human sacrifice powered pyramids

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom