Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Gerrard

Arcane
2-8.jpg

3-8.jpg

1-9.jpg
Source : https://designyoutrust.com/2018/09/fathers-game-guides-are-amazing/
I wonder if her dad was a doctor.

Murk

Arcane
Since he mentions FALs... Ian's not a very big guy but he seems to have no problem holding it on target, and ofc the device in question for the video practically pushes it down.

It's in 7.62 NATO which is... .308 diameter

Slow-mo recoil shown at 4:00 minutes in.

Monk

Arcane
Is it like that story about Blackhawk Down, where soldiers complained that rifles with lower calibers were more accurate but had less stopping power?

Murk

Arcane
Since he mentions FALs... Ian's not a very big guy but he seems to have no problem holding it on target, and ofc the device in question for the video practically pushes it down.

Left handed firing with right-handed ejection :shredder:

It's whole world of trials and tribulations I'm glad to have avoided, though I think being cross-dominant (opposing eye/hand dominance) might be worse.

Does make for some interesting guns tho:

Murk

Arcane
though I think being cross-dominant (opposing eye/hand dominance) might be worse.
Don't think it ever caused me any problems.
Other than getting my hand all dirty when writing because I write left-handed, that is.

When shooting a rifle, which hand holds the trigger? If your left, does your chin go over the stock to look through the sites with your right eye?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Is it like that story about Blackhawk Down, where soldiers complained that rifles with lower calibers were more accurate but had less stopping power?

Hyper-quick history of rifle calibers for military use:

- late 19th century you get smokeless powder an' shit, everyone uses fuckhuge "full-power cartridges" like 7,92x57 Mauser or 7,62x54R on long-as-fuck-rifles
- WW1 everyone keeps using fuckhuge full power
- WW2 happens, Germans develop and deploy the first "Intermediate Cartridge" , 7,92x33 Kurtz, for the STG series of rifles, realizing that most combat is done on a range of about 300 meters and that with a smaller cartridge you can carry more ammo, control properly full auto in close combat and that you don't need a rifle that can shoot 1km away because no grunt is going to hit anything at that range
- Soviets get 7,92x33 Kurz captures in 42, they develop 7,62x39 (AK ammunition) for the same reasons
- Americans post WW2 are retarded and force all NATO to get a common full-power cartridge, 7,62x51, because they're retarded and no one can say no to the US
- Oh shit 7,62x51 isn't good for grunts, in the 60ies the Americans get out 5,56 (I know, .223 really but DETAILS) because at combat ranges they work the same, you can carry more ammo, control properly full auto in close combat and that you don't need a rifle that can shoot 1km away because no grunt is going to hit anything at that range
- Soviets get 5,56 and they develop 5,45x39 for the same reasons
- Cold War ends, nothing happens
- Memes today for 6,8mm polymeric ammo

Stopping power is kind of... memetic. For combat purposes at reasonable range with no optics (the vast majority of WW2 - Cold War combat) you have no chance to hit anything at 400+ meters and a full power cartridge is essentially only useless weight and can't control them in full auto properly. You use full-size stuff just for marksmen an' shit.

Codex Year of the Donut
though I think being cross-dominant (opposing eye/hand dominance) might be worse.
Don't think it ever caused me any problems.
Other than getting my hand all dirty when writing because I write left-handed, that is.

When shooting a rifle, which hand holds the trigger? If your left, does your chin go over the stock to look through the sites with your right eye?
I shoot like a right-handed person

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
It's whole world of trials and tribulations I'm glad to have avoided, though I think being cross-dominant (opposing eye/hand dominance) might be worse.

There was a Belarussian biathlete like that who had to extensively modify her gun to be able to use it properly.

I always wondered why the hell did it look like she was aiming with her left eye on shooting close-ups, only much later found out that she was indeed doing that.

nadezhda-skardino-of-belarus-in-action-during-the-ibu-biathlon-world-picture-id903867548

Perkel

Arcane
They went for lower power mainly of reason mentioned above but also because in modern war every soldier that is injured needs more supplies that dead soldier. It is far more effective to cripple your enemy by injuring his soldiers rather than killing them, moreover each cripple is huge morale debuff on both military and civilians.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Saw link for this in somewhere, interview/retrospective with Syphon Filter 1 lead designer, some pretty good stuff there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom