Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Gerrard

Arcane
Less Grey, more Kegel.

Alphons

Cipher
nadgo-53_17aqd.jpg

Caim

Arcane
Funny thing is that Rosalina actually is an eldritch horror. She does little but sit in her home, tending to her manifold children who will all one day go forth and rupture into galaxies. She feeds on the detritus of the cosmos, which grants her seemingly eternal life. And when all things end and collapse into a single point, she will be there at the cessation of existence, waiting for a new universe to emanate from nothing. She has seen the life and death of reality over and over again, content with traversing all that is in the only constant in all of reality. What do you think you are to someone who keeps time by the birth of galaxies? Sure she might look like a comely figure in her tall (she's 7'6", rememer) feminine figure, but do not once mistake her for what she really is. She is the primordial chaos, the nucleus of reality, the blind idiot god who creates because what else is she going to do. She's not some princess: she is the Mario equivalent of Azathoth.

lightbane

Arcane
And when all things end and collapse into a single point, she will be there at the cessation of existence, waiting for a new universe to emanate from nothing.

Then Mushroom Kingdom and Mario by extension are eldritch horrors by that kind of reasoning, since they can survive the birth of a new universe and then some.

Caim

Arcane
And when all things end and collapse into a single point, she will be there at the cessation of existence, waiting for a new universe to emanate from nothing.
Then Mushroom Kingdom and Mario by extension are eldritch horrors by that kind of reasoning, since they can survive the birth of a new universe and then some.
If I remember correctly, Mario Galaxy 1 ended with everyone being forcibly reincarnated by Rosalina when she threw all of her children into a supermassive black hole, which kickstarted another Big Bang. She also explained to Mario that very similar patterns keep happening in all the universes, so this paints an idea of how incomprehensibly old she is. That part of the cutscene had the sound of crying stars in the background, which makes it extra nice.

lightbane

Arcane
If I remember correctly, Mario Galaxy 1 ended with everyone being forcibly reincarnated by Rosalina when she threw all of her children into a supermassive black hole, which kickstarted another Big Bang. She also explained to Mario that very similar patterns keep happening in all the universes, so this paints an idea of how incomprehensibly old she is. That part of the cutscene had the sound of crying stars in the background, which makes it extra nice.

Uh, I didn't get that from the wiki article's summary. So, it's like End of Evangelion where everyone dies but-sort-of-not but better then?

Caim

Arcane
Uh, I didn't get that from the wiki article's summary. So, it's like End of Evangelion where everyone dies but-sort-of-not but better then?
It's more like that one time in Sailor Moon where the main character destroyed and remade the universe just like it was before minus the one bad guy who could not be defeated otherwise. And Rosalina just does that, like it's no big deal.

In a side note, she was slated to appear in Super Mario Odyssey as well. She was going to be in a casual outfit playing guitar in the streets of New Donk City. Because even gods need their time off I guess.

lightbane

Arcane
It's more like that one time in Sailor Moon where the main character destroyed and remade the universe just like it was before minus the one bad guy who could not be defeated otherwise. And Rosalina just does that, like it's no big deal.

I still have to read that manga. Still, it seems Rose is stronger than I thought. I assumed she was "just" a space fairy of sorts with some time/space manipulation powers. As for god-like figures taking a day off and/or working as a regular Joe, it's been a thing since forever. The Sandman comics would be a good example.

lightbane

Arcane
I wasn't sure where to put this, but perhaps in this thread it should do the trick.
The LPArchive has a LP of The AoD game! Screenshot-based, no idea about the competence (or lack of) of the player yet. Still, it might be worth a read, if only to double as a tutorial of sorts if you haven't gathered enough info about the game yet.

https://lparchive.org/The-Age-of-Decadence/

Note that this LP may disappear once SA forums finally collapse and the LPArchive follows, the author is banned and demands his LPs and works to be removed (it happened before already, much to my dismay for some titles), or something like that.

lightbane

Arcane
From the Red Ring of Death, to literally going on fire. That's an improvement for sure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom