Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
OS/2 is a bit ironic since I still learned programming it a few years ago.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
21e6ea03e5036e2b.jpg

oldbonebrown

Arcane

One of the biggest blunders in recent times is that you were not allowed to create your own playable orc in Shadow of Mordor. Just that small change would have made the game infinitely better.
Celebrimbor is alright in a hammy way, but Talion is a void of anything interesting.

Codex Year of the Donut
Zoomers see that game and think its canon. :prosper:
Probably forgetting some things, but nothing really comes to mind as being very lorebreaking.
  • Some timeline changes regarding the fall of Minas Ithil. Likely butterfly effect touching a lot of stuff, they shouldn't have done it.
  • Shelob, eh... Tolkien never really described what she was capable of. She's the daughter of Ungoliant, a very powerful Ainu. Some Ainur are bound to their shapes, some are not. I have no idea how this applies to Shelob, but it's most definitely where they got the idea from. IMO, she should have been a spider. Humans naturally have a fear of spiders at some primal level, not playing on that was a mistake. If you've played the games, you understand what I'm implying.
  • Black dude was an adopted haradrim.
  • Nazguls. Oh dear oh dear, they really butchered this and deserve any hate they get for it.

Do they take a lot of creative liberties? Yeah. But it mostly fits. However, if I were magically put in charge of writing it, I would have set it earlier to make it interfere with LotR/The Hobbit as little as possible.
Eh, but it is what it is. I thought it was a pretty fun game, first one moreso. It being set in middle earth just made it better.

Tolkien contradicted his own works all the time so it's really hard to even be consistent with his work. I can't even remember how many different origin stories Tolkien wrote for the orks, and I don't think he ever settled on one before he passed.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Is that a joke, I assume the os and some shit will take some space in the hard drive but this means that the full game will be over 400gb

lightbane

Arcane
Probably forgetting some things, but nothing really comes to mind as being very lorebreaking.
Fighting fucking Sauron in a spare body and decapitating him "might" be a bit lore-breaking.

About that, here's something related. Hori finally did it! I'm not into the whole vtubers thing, but this one fits this thread. It's being transmitted live.

Codex Year of the Donut
Fighting fucking Sauron in a spare body and decapitating him "might" be a bit lore-breaking.
huh?
The main character doesn't even make it to the fight with Sauron, you get betrayed by Celebrimbor. When do you decapitate Sauron? Celebrimbor and Eltariel don't win their fight against Sauron.
Are you confusing it with the Isildur fight right before it?

lightbane

Arcane
huh?
The main character doesn't even make it to the fight with Sauron, you get betrayed by Celebrimbor. When do you decapitate Sauron? Celebrimbor and Eltariel don't win their fight against Sauron.
Are you confusing it with the Isildur fight right before it?
I didn't play the first game nor the sequel, but I watched a few videos of the first one. IIRC you do end up fighting Sauron as a boss in one of the games and I thought you defeated him. Checking the wiki, it seems that's the case, but it doesn't amount to much in the end. Nevermind then.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom