Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Also if you want to keep blocking ads switch away from Chrome or any of its derivatives, since starting January Chrome will implement something called Manifest V3 which will damage if not outright kill the effectiveness of ad and tracker blockers.
Finally, my decision to stick with Firefox since the early 2000s has been vindicated.

Yeah, and adblockers devs surely won't be able to find a solution to that... Like they did 1000 times before

Codex Year of the Donut
What's the reason games allow you to bind multiple inputs for the same action? What's the use case for this? Are they all just copying each other?

an example of what I mean:
Target-Champions-Only.png

See the 'set 2'?

searching for "game keybinding alternate" came up with dozens of titles that all have this.

I'm not referring to keyboard layouts that can be swapped between, but hotkeys that are active at the same time and do the same thing.

Pika-Cthulhu

Arcane
What's the reason games allow you to bind multiple inputs for the same action? What's the use case for this? Are they all just copying each other?

See the 'set 2'?

searching for "game keybinding alternate" came up with dozens of titles that all have this.

I'm not referring to keyboard layouts that can be swapped between, but hotkeys that are active at the same time and do the same thing.
Diablo 2 weapons swap? You can bind spells in the skill slots that are different depnding on if you are using the primary or secondary equipped weapons

I guess the image is from DOTA2, but idk what system they would use for that

See the 'set 2'?

One for mouse, one for keyboard. Or if you have to spam a button.

Maybe you're one of those weird people who still haven't figured out whether you want to use C or Ctrl to crouch in a game and decide to use both? Or you want both left handed and right handed keysets active if multiple people play the same game?

Blutwurstritter

Scholar

See the 'set 2'?

I use this when taking screenshots with screen capture tools. You can use the second button for the occasions when you have these programs running, without having to bother to switch the whole layout. Once you're done with taking screenshots you can close the tool and use the primary button again without much hassle. And you can let family play on your machine without them ruining your layout, although there are safer ways for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom