Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Baron Dupek

Arcane
GZpygkgWAAAC6bH

Don Peste

Arcane
Aspyr, in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games, has announced a remastered version of the 2000-released side-scrolling action game Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles. It will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on January 23, 2025 for $19.99.

The Decline

Arcane
Aspyr, in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games, has announced a remastered version of the 2000-released side-scrolling action game Star Wars Episode I: Jedi Power Battles. It will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on January 23, 2025 for $19.99.

The only reason this will sell is due to nostalgia from the youngest Millennials who didn't care that it was a crap game as children and it originating from the pre-Disney era.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I remember enjoying this game but still, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to remakes.
Yeah they should remaster the Jedi Knight games instead.
While I am generally averse to remasters and remakes, I do wonder how Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight will actually look like if remastered.
I think this prestigious game series is fine as it is, but a remake could work if it will stay true to the originals and their core gameplay.

I could see them remaking JK1 with JK2 combat. Though it would be incredibly easy with how strong blaster deflection is in JK2

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Btw by remaster I mean them doing exactly what they did to Quake, Dark Forces, Tomb Raider, Command & Conquer, etc

Exact same game ported to a newer engine so it runs out of the box on modern systems, and with all content (the expansion pack) included, and perhaps HD graphics that you can however disable in favor of original graphics if you want.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Btw by remaster I mean them doing exactly what they did to Quake, Dark Forces, Tomb Raider, Command & Conquer, etc

Exact same game ported to a newer engine so it runs out of the box on modern systems, and with all content (the expansion pack) included, and perhaps HD graphics that you can however disable in favor of original graphics if you want.
There's still risk that they'll do Warcraft 3.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Though it would be incredibly easy with how strong blaster deflection is in JK2
Blaster Deflection was powerful in Jedi Outcast because you could block all shots regardless of the saber style you were using.
This is fixed in Jedi Academy, where the Medium and Strong saber styles are not so good at deflecting numerous blaster shots, only the Fast style can.

Blaster Deflection was powerful in Jedi Outcast because you could block all shots regardless of the saber style you were using.
This is fixed in Jedi Academy, where the Medium and Strong saber styles are not so good at deflecting numerous blaster shots, only the Fast style can.
That only applies when actually attacking though, IIRC? With any saber style you're completely immune to blaster fire while standing still or moving (or at least like 180 degrees which is basically immune). This is why JK2 and JA both have a ton of enemies that get around deflection like explosions or the asshole snipers.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
That only applies when actually attacking though, IIRC? With any saber style you're completely immune to blaster fire while standing still or moving (or at least like 180 degrees which is basically immune). This is why JK2 and JA both have a ton of enemies that get around deflection like explosions or the asshole snipers.
When you attack, you leave yourself exposed to blaster fire, yeah.
In Jedi Outcast, all styles have the same deflection ability. This is changed in Jedi Academy, where only the Fast style protects you fully.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom