Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I like how the fanboys defend those horrible graphics/animations on every opportunity. It's not cartoon, it's stylized realism!

Stinger

Arcane
I thought Jennifer Hale just voiced some descendant of Bastila. I guess they just have her voicing everyone these days?

Also, holy crap that was pretty bad. Nice to know this is what they pissed all over Kotor 2 for.

Angthoron

Arcane
Black said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htu9DNx0ncM&feature=player_embedded
:love: :thumbsup: :M

Fuck that was cringeworthy.

The writing is awful. The dudeguy lines are horrid and his acting matches his writing. The animations are just bad. Fucking terrible, this.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Excidium said:
I like how the fanboys defend those horrible graphics/animations on every opportunity. It's not cartoon, it's stylized realism!
That kind of a defense doesn't even make any sense.

But yea, the dialogue is absolutely horrifying. It's like a super-inane version of Mass Effect where banal "witty" flirting is bounced back and forth. And I wouldn't be surprised if there's no dialogue before this at all.

MMXI

Arcane
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/ ... pe-Torment

Grizzly said:
Don't you already have auto pause and that sort of stuff? The IE engine actually is turnbased, it just cleverly hides it.
Lukasz said:
I think real time is just an illusion in all IE games.
I know kotor definitely is pure turn base but IE games... not sure. Never tested the mechanics that way in those games. cannot do that now
Lukasz said:
You might be right about PST and other Infinite Engine games being real time. I am just saying it ain't so certain and the real time mechanics I think is just illusion to hide the turn base system. This is how i remember it but I never tested the mechanics to actually be certain.

did that for kotor tough that's why I think IE games are also turn base as kotor does hide it pretty well, its turn base combat.

:retarded:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
317510_2227936610466_1009339585_32125756_1573286349_n.jpg

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
MMXI said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?1777-Remaking-Planescape-Torment

Grizzly said:
Don't you already have auto pause and that sort of stuff? The IE engine actually is turnbased, it just cleverly hides it.
Lukasz said:
I know kotor definitely is pure turn base but IE games... not sure. Never tested the mechanics that way in those games. cannot do that now
Lukasz said:
You might be right about PST and other Infinite Engine games being real time. I am just saying it ain't so certain and the real time mechanics I think is just illusion to hide the turn base system. This is how i remember it but I never tested the mechanics to actually be certain.

did that for kotor tough that's why I think IE games are also turn base as kotor does hide it pretty well, its turn base combat.

It's nice how the concept of taking a turn escapes some people.

In the Bethborads there was some time ago a person with some obvious "limitations" being dead set on how Fallout 3 and New Vegas were actually turnbased games also "cleverly hiding it" behind some exquisite mechanical system. And a few years back, on a same forum, a similiar person arguing how Pong was turnbased.

MMXI

Arcane
undecaf said:
In the Bethborads there was some time ago a person with some obvious "limitations" being dead set on how Fallout 3 and New Vegas were actually turnbased games also "cleverly hiding it" behind some exquisite mechanical system. And a few years back, on a same forum, a similiar person arguing how Pong was turnbased.
:lol:

Stinger

Arcane
Everything is turnbased is the new "every game is an rpg because you play a role"

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
We could scour that site Lyric Suite recently posted in the female equality discussion in Public Library. Just the guy running the place is so far up his own ass and pretentious (he literally compares himself to Socrates, Diogenes, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Jesus, Nagarjuna, Huang Po, Chuang Tzu, Hakuin, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Eckhart, and Weininger), and the whole site faps constantly to Otto fucking Weininger.

Here you go bros, the key to understanding Lyric Suite, go crazy:

http://www.theabsolute.net/

Hellraiser

Arcane
undecaf said:
MMXI said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?1777-Remaking-Planescape-Torment

Grizzly said:
Lukasz said:
Lukasz said:

It's nice how the concept of taking a turn escapes some people.

I see retards saying that "IE GAMES WERE TURN BASED" all the fucking time on gamefaqs. But then again gamefaqs is a weaboo infested barbarian cesspool of decline where retards think advance wars is the most complex turn based strategy game ever.

Coyote

Arcane
Originally posted by SCO in Site Feedback (Link):

Andhaira said:
Long story short, there are these forums of this website I visit for reading up on old school CRPG (computer rpg's) discussions and general lulz. I never registered there because I really don't have the time to get involved in another forum. So I occasionally go there and read up on the latest discussions. Now that Skyrim is about to be released there are many discussions on there about it, so I go there more frequently these days. Unfortunately, the website is experiencing a surge in users such as me (again, due to Skyrim) and thus they have made their forums readable by registered members only. So with a sigh of annoyance, I complete the registration form (which is painless and requires only 2 minutes) but then I get the message that I am accessing the website via a proxy and proxy servers are banned from registration. I think the problem is that the ISPs in my country are based on revolving IPs or something, which is what is causing these problems. I tried to contact the site staff, but it has been nearly two weeks and they still haven't responded. I think either they are busy with fixing the site, or they are overwhelmed by similar pm's. (I can't be the only person who can't register because of this)

So basically my request is this: Could someone register on the forums of the website for me? The website is as follows:

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/index.php

When you register they require a valid email. Just use this: muslim.andhaira@hotmail.com

The username and password I would like are as follows:

Username: Akaash
Password: akaash007

If someone can do this from me, I would be eternally grateful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom