Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
have you guys ever drank mountain dew? what does it taste like?
I don't know about the new stuff, but it used to taste like a weak orange flavored soda.

i bought it here once, at Lidl.

tasted like Fanta, do they simply fill all the cans with the same drink?

It tastes like a result of fanta-sprite inbreeding with some extra sugar. I fucking hate it.
(Taste may vary depending on country.It's probably even sweeter in Kwazania and Africa.)

I still can't believe this Halo shit is real. We need the second Great Video Game Crash. Really. We just do.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It tastes like a result of fanta-sprite inbreeding with some extra sugar. I fucking hate it.
(Taste may vary depending on country.It's probably even sweeter in Kwazania and Africa.)

I still can't believe this Halo shit is real. We need the second Great Video Game Crash. Really. We just do.

South Africa here and I've always thought Mountain Dew tastes like a knock-off Sprite. And it probably is, too.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Are we supposed to eat the doritos in the box or just leave it there till it expires?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I don't know why anyone would want to keep a bag of inedible doritos with a Halo logo around as some kind of souvenir. It's pretty pointless.

"oh hai I've got snacks with a game logo on. Ultimate gamer yo."

jitYaK72sEReC.jpg

:lol:
It should be noted that the review in question was absolutely retarded and the reviewer in question is the very manifestation of the MODERN SHOOTER phenomenon.

Kitako

Arcane
e1Qn2.jpg

Pictured: hardcore geeky mature and emoutionally engaged gamer.

Why are all these videos about the new shit and doritos/dew by 12 years old? To think this is the generation that will lead us into a brighter future, I want to kill myself. Painfully.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
good god. kfc shd support project eternity. we lub kfc.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Typical shitty 'youtube celebrity' video. Cuts to the next 'scene' after every single sentence instead of just making one continuous video.
I hate that too, but considering the profile of these people, the cuts are probably just removing 5-10 minutes of "Ahnnn...hummm... and...like" after each sentence, while their brains finish buffering. It's probably better this way.

To think this is the generation that will lead us into a brighter future, I want to kill myself. Painfully.
With some luck they all die of trash food poisoning around their 40's, and we can try to do something to save earth after that.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I bring you the finest example of indie(how I love this word) game development.

Exploring Dear Esther and everything else with Robert Briscoe

Dear Esther was the kind of game that doesn’t come along often enough. It divided audiences, and while everyone seemed to agree its ability to tell a story through its environment was incredible, some couldn’t get past the fact it contained no traditional gameplay to speak of. You walked through the highlands, exploring and learning, letting the environmental cues and narration wash over you like waves against its island shores. You didn’t jump, you didn’t pull levers, and you certainly didn’t shoot: you simply walked and experienced.

Dogmatic gamers who cannot enjoy and accept the evolution of gaming.

What made Dear Esther so unique was its abandonment of any tangible ‘gameplay’, but when Briscoe first came on board to remake the mod, the plan wasn’t always to strip it down to such a pure experience. “I did experiment a bit early on with adding gameplay elements, like basic puzzles, and I just found it distracted from the original concept. Any kind of traditional gameplay really took away from this idea that you could do something different with a first-person game space, instead of just shooting, and jumping, and puzzling.”

It wasn’t meant as a condemnation of these elements, but rather as an experiment to see what could be achieved without them. “I think the concept of Dear Esther was really about getting away from any kind of traditional gameplay and exploring new space in the first-person gameplay space, if that makes sense,” Briscoe muses. “Really, Dear Esther was more of an experiment to see how far we could push that type of gameplay, and that type of open narrative, and still have it be an interesting and memorable experience.”

racofer

Thread Incliner
e1Qn2.jpg

Pictured: hardcore geeky mature and emoutionally engaged gamer.

Why are all these videos about the new shit and doritos/dew by 12 years old? To think this is the generation that will lead us into a brighter future, I want to kill myself. Painfully.

This guy will score all of DA3's pussy. You're just jealous.

Kitako

Arcane

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Nerd gatekeepers" are truly pathetic individuals who have no interesting culture of their own so they define themselves by the entertainment they consume. Quite sad.

DraQ

Arcane

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Fucking faux-nerd faggots. Good thing that we have places like the Codex SCIENCE section to stave off the decline.

Gerrard

Arcane
Gentlemen, I present to you... JC Denton deploying a spy-drone:

Trying to imagine its deployment (from a cranial aug, mind you, and as a pretty large object) always driven me even more mad than trying to figure out where exactly Jensen's shades retract into.
NANOMACHINES
I'm pretty sure that in the description its stated that the drone is assembled upon activation. Or maybe my sick mind made that up.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
You are likely to find a great number of idiots in all all cultures and layers of society, and while it's possible that many of them will use Steam, I have a hunch that an even greater number doesn't.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
With a userbase of over 20 million, of course there are going to be dumb shits. I mean, Skyrim, the biggest dumb-shit game of 2011, requires you to register on Steam.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's more of a proof that all people who are into zombie games are fucking retarded. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom