Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

GamesBeat: So which FPS that you’ve played seems the most inaccurate?
Mull: Black was pretty damn bad. You had AK-74s in 1963 and HK-G11s in the early ’70s. Think Call of Duty without the side effect of being any good.
GamesBeat: Which FPS franchise do you prefer? Why?

Mull: Of the current crop, Call of Duty. It’s the most popular, and that’s what all of my friends play. It’s nearly universal among gamers, hardcore and casual alike.
Sounds like the average cod player.So,no joke I'm afraid.

btw,how's Black?Popamole too I assume or not?

I've never played black but what I've seen and heard it was better than CoD MW. No health regen, Scripted destructive environment (but lot of them) and pretty decent gameplay. It was still one of CoD "betas" in a way that it made way for eventual Modern warfare shitdrizzle.

This guy should play Arma 2. If he can get this insane after playing fallout 3, Arma should made him run streets naked with AR-15 in hand.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I find it kinda sad that experts make such opinions before making a bit of research about stuff like what are realistic war shooters available on market.

LivingOne

Savant
I can’t tell you how many times I got tired of hearing some whiny NPC’s sob story and went on the rampage instead of helping them.”
Sounds like an accurate simulation of the US army, am I right?
Or a testament to Bethesduck's writing skills:pete:

Anyway how about some random derp from the internet and the press?

tomb-raider-will-be-12-15-hours-long-lara-will-have-regen-health-and-cant-swim

Complaints in the comments start,but suddenly:

It isn't that she can't swim, dishonest headline, it's that there is no water level or need for Lara to swim.
I posted this higher, but I'll reiterate -- where the hell is she going to swim? She's on an island.
I'm really appalled by the sheer ignorance in these comments. If anyone bothered to read the article, it clearly says Lara knows how to swim, there just won't be any swimming segments in this game. It's not a big deal and there's no need to get your knickers in a twist over it, claiming to not get the game because of it. Hey, your loss.
:lol:

http://n4g.com/news/1128719/the-writer-revolution

1128719_0.jpg

Gaming is changing more and more every day. We see it in graphics, sound, gameplay, and even more so in story telling. It wasn’t until BioShock and Uncharted, that intelligent and thought-provoking writing would be implemented into the interactive space. Now we are seeing writers all over the industry taking new approaches to writing games, and it seems like things are going in the right direction.
I like how on n4g you can see the derp from tons of gaming websites without bothering to read the whole thing or giving them views.

mmgn-com-2012-is-a-blessing-for-gamers-stop-your-whining

MMGN.com: "I’m going to be frank here -- I am astonished by those who constantly feel the need to tell me that this year has been shocking for gamers. On this very site, I’ve seen cries of disappointment at 2012’s offerings, and I simply can’t make sense of it. 2012 really has been one of the best of the millennium for gamers -- anyone who denies this is trolling or blind."

whos-the-better-assassin-ezio-or-connor
The Assassin’s Creed series is one of the most popular series in today’s video game market. Players fell in love with the historical references, unforgettable story and beautiful surrounding. Every game to release in this series is nothing short of breath taking. Over the past few years the game has grown near and dear to players across the globe. One of the main reasons that this game is so likable is because of the love for of each titles protagonist, not Desmond Miles, but that of his ancestors. Each game features one of main character, Desmond’s beloved ancestors making them the actual ‘main character’ of the game.

Ahh,not bad.Sure,it's not the BSN but the derp is still amusing.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
intelligent... and thought-provoking...

I don't want to live in this world anymore.
And even IF that was the case, where the hell do they get the "until" part? Last time I checked, lots of games did that way before those.

(Incidentally, I wonder if voice actors like Simon Templeman feel extremely slighted by this kind of bullshit)

Kirtai

Augur
MMGN.com: "I’m going to be frank here -- I am astonished by those who constantly feel the need to tell me that this year has been shocking for gamers. On this very site, I’ve seen cries of disappointment at 2012’s offerings, and I simply can’t make sense of it. 2012 really has been one of the best of the millennium for gamers -- anyone who denies this is trolling or blind."
Of the millenium? So this years games are going to be among the very best of the next thousand years?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Oh jesus christ. I just finished AC3. The only game that has a shittier ending is ME3. It was like the lead designer just said "okay guys, that's enough for one game. Kill the main antagonist, throw in a shitty sci-fi plot twist, kill the player and make sure it ends in such a way that we can continue the series."

Honestly, I thought all the AC games were shitty and didn't even bother finishing Brotherhood or playing Revelations, but I honestly didn't expect Ubisoft to end their series this shitty. It's like they asked someone from fanfiction.net to write the ending.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

Let's have a look at all the high-profile releases this year (feel free to add if I miss something)

-Syndicate; dumbed down FPS shit
-Kingdoms of Derpalur; a button masher with trippy visuals
-Mass Defect 3; Gears of War clone with dialogue options
-Darksiders 2; God of War clone
-Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City; dumbing down to such an extent that even consoletards complained
-Hitman Absolution; dumbed down to the point where it is now Gears of War with stealth elements
-Assassin's Creed 3; an Assassin's Creed game
-Diablo 3; the leader of the decline
-Halo 4; Mountain Dew & Doritos
-Dishonored; a dumbed down, linear Deus Ex wannabe with an identity crisis and hax enabled at retail
-Max Payne 3; a game about a depressed and moody bald guy
-Xcom; not inherently bad, but a bad Xcom game

Yes, clearly it has been the best year in gaming, ever.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Of the millenium? So this years games are going to be among the very best of the next thousand years?

So far, its definitely in the top twelve. That's like the 99th percentile.

Also this is reverse-genius gold:

I posted this higher, but I'll reiterate -- where the hell is she going to swim? She's on an island.

Saying it once is just ordinary dumb, but the fact that they felt it was such a good point that they reposted it just bumps it up to amazing. "Everyone is ignoring my wonderful insight that swimming skills are useless when surrounded by water!"

Kirtai

Augur

Saying it once is just ordinary dumb, but the fact that they felt it was such a good point that they reposted it just bumps it up to amazing. "Everyone is ignoring my wonderful insight that swimming skills are useless when surrounded by water!"
I remember intending to comment on this but I think the magnitude of it made me block it out.

Bethesda forumites finally realize that New Vegas is a better game than Fallout 3

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1426405-why-is-this-game-so-linear-compared-to-fallout-3/

Agreed. FO3 should have been FO:DC Wasteland (spinoff). NV should have been the true FO3.

I never understood the "linear"-argument for Vegas. There are so many ways you can play this game, play the main story, with a different character every time. Fallout 3? Get out of the vault, look for the daddy, help the [censored] Brotherhood, save the Wasteland. Playing a bad character? Yeah, ditch Megaton, but you still have to look for daddy and help the [censored] Brotherhood. I don't get it.

I feel that New Vegas has a good deal of sub par content, I liked the game a lot overall and it's my second favorite installment in the series after the original

[quote] It has more continuity (both in actual content and in style) with the original series than Fallout 3, on top of (in my opinion) being a better game.

In fact, I'm shocked that it wasn't just called "Fallout 4". [/quote]

I'll agree with the landscape of FO3: I also liked it better than NV, but I can't agree it's a better game for it. My first playthrough of FO3 had me ending the game before I realized it. I had no clue the MQ was that short. So I restarted, but did not finish, a second game.
Why? Boring. FO3 is boring. As longknife stated, once you do the very few quests the game offers, and have pretty much seen everything the game has, it's boring.

FONV challenges us as often as it can, by giving us quests it knows we may not be ready for as well as letting us know our decisions, regardless of choice, has consequences. You stated the game has different endings, but it's impossible to get them all within a single game. Replaying offers people the chance to do something FO3 does not do: change the way we play.

So what, we can blow up Megaton? Yeah, that's pretty much lame. Everything else related to the game is on rails. Even if we want to play as a [censored] character, who wants everyone to die, we still have to enter that code. No choice.

FONV also, in my opinion, gives us more opportunity to create characters we truly want to be, and let's us know our actions make a difference.

FO3 has Moira, who wants to kill you.
wink.png

:eek::bravo:

thesoup

Arcane
Someone should start a poll and a discussion on their forums whether they should hire Obsidian again.:smug:
inb4 edgy

That cooper56 guy is pretty dense, though.

cooper56 said:
In new vegas you really go where ever you want your forced to go to primm then novac.

edit: http://gamejolt.com/games/action/mindrape/261/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/638786-borderlands-2/reviews/review-151969

*Better QUEST MARKERS
This is a big one for me. In the first game you will be in the area of that diamond quest track marker searching for that piece of item you need for the quest and not find it. Here at least there's an arrow that tells if the item you are looking for is at the bottom or top of you. AWESOME.

Ermm

Erudite
Haven't lurked around BSN for a while. Anyone knows any recent tasteful thread over there, with lots of derp?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Haven't lurked around BSN for a while. Anyone knows any recent tasteful thread over there, with lots of derp?

Nah, you'll have to wait for the next release for truly majestic stuff.

Maybe we can salvage something...
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/15119791/1

Kotaku wrote an article about female bio writers inclining sex quality in games. And removing rape.

- I don't know if it will be like this, but knowing BSN, there will probably be at least two more threads involving rape per month from now until the release.
- So like DA2 and the demands for a Bethany romance?

-So this is why recent Bioware games are focusing on 12 PG romances lately...
It all makes sense now...

-And why would that be, exactly? I hope you're not referring to rape as an inticing romance device.

Let me answer your question, OP, with an analogy:
"I wanted to draw a beautiful rose. So I sketched the beautiful rose. Then I asked a fellow artist what did s/he think, and s/he told me - It looks like a penis - .Because since then I couldn't unsee the penis, I redrew the thorns so that they wouldn't look like throbbing veins."

Stones of Arnhem concept artist?

Ermm

Erudite

Nah, you'll have to wait for the next release for truly majestic stuff.

Maybe we can salvage something...
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/15119791/1

Kotaku wrote an article about female bio writers inclining sex quality in games. And removing rape.

- I don't know if it will be like this, but knowing BSN, there will probably be at least two more threads involving rape per month from now until the release.
- So like DA2 and the demands for a Bethany romance?

-So this is why recent Bioware games are focusing on 12 PG romances lately...
It all makes sense now...

-And why would that be, exactly? I hope you're not referring to rape as an inticing romance device.

Let me answer your question, OP, with an analogy:
"I wanted to draw a beautiful rose. So I sketched the beautiful rose. Then I asked a fellow artist what did s/he think, and s/he told me - It looks like a penis - .Because since then I couldn't unsee the penis, I redrew the thorns so that they wouldn't look like throbbing veins."

Stones of Arnhem concept artist?

Nice. Had some good laughs while reading that.

Also, do you know any thread where Biowarites are trying to prove that ME2,3 are genuinely real RPG's? I've seen some real stupid stuff and such, but I've always tried to look for this kind of goldmine.

Far Cry 3 is emotionally engaging.
http://www.ausgamers.com/games/far-cry-3/review/

Another instance had me (surprisingly) emotionally connecting with a caged bear after emancipating a pirate-controlled outpost. I felt pity on it and set it free, only to look on in bemused horror as it attacked the friendly soldiers who came to occupy the camp. I couldn’t bring myself to open fire on the beast, even after he tore apart two friendlies, but that didn’t stop me from taking his pelt when he finally fell; waste not, want not (bears were bloody hard to come by in my play-through).

Won't anybody think of the silt striders?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/926702-fable-the-lost-chapters/61111395

just downloaded it, Got killed by a slug with lots of teeth. Im sorry if I dont condone animal or bug abuse and not wish to ride in a hollowed out giant bettle that is controlled primarily through "manipulating tissues and internal organs"

I am 12 and whats this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/930659-diablo-iii/reviews/review-150637

[Rates game 10/10]

Endgame: No idea, don't care, don't want to care. Haven't beaten the game yet. Want to beat the game. And will. I wouldn't even post it even if I had beaten the game. Because that's just not me.

Regdar

Arcane
http://kotaku.com/5964584/how-diablo-iii-told-me-my-marriage-was-over?popular=true

How Diablo III Told Me My Marriage Was Over

So, here we are, fighting our way through the very beginning of Act I and we separate and all of a sudden I manage to aggro everything in a pretty large radius and I don't know how that happened and they're attacking and oh my god sweetie I don't wanna die hey can you help me they're killing me um seriously can you help because I can't get range and I'm mostly good for range attacks and... dead.

He let me die. In a room where we would often simultaneously play our respective MMOs with chairs sitting literally next to one another and desks that were touching, he let me die.

With me verbally asking for help, he still let me die.

Yes, it's just a game. Yes, I could come right back to life and keep going (and I did). But I still cried that night before I went to bed because he. Let. Me. Die.

I guess it's too much to expect "‘til death do you part" to extend to the virtual world, to avatars that aren't even programmed to express the sentiments behind such vows.Yes, he was wearing headphones, but he heard me. I confirmed as much later, when we were done for the night. Oh, "it's just how you play," he said. Oh, so it was normal to ignore your partner. It's just "normal" to not even deviate from your loot-grabbing activities to save your wife from monsters. I gotcha. (Except everyone I've ever told this story to who has any Diablo experience is always as shocked as I was.)

While Ariadne came back again, prepared to handle the onslaught alone, part of me didn't. We were over.

It's clear, as evidenced by the fact that these people can reproduce, that evolution has stopped. But can it go the other way? Can humanity actually devolve as people with undesirable mutations begin adding their stuff to the gene pool? God help us all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom