Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Lord Chambers

Erudite
Rina said:
Isn't it rather other way around? Codexers are the ones preaching for Purity, Unity and the New World Order (tm), while TES-fans are jewish sheeps who stubborninly refuse to give up their beliefs of what is "right" and quote Pete and Toddling as their god(s). The fundamental problem here is that ESF is a jewish temple and thus a very bad place to argue about such matters.
I agree with this. Afterall, this thread isn't the first time someone on the forums has referenced a decline in Western civilization based off youth gaming preferences in 2006. Reactionaries.

7th Circle

Scholar
Late said:
You seem to be ignoring Poster G, H, I, J, and K. From what I’ve seen there are people that will side with you on those arguements.

There are. :) As I noted it my post, it was a "condensed" version of an ESF thread. There sometimes will be Posters G-K agreeing with A but there sometimes also will be Posters L-P agreeing with B and so on. Obviously, the precise details vary from thread to thread. The point, as I noted at the top of my post, was to explain why many Codex members don't want to argue on the ESF.

ixg

Erudite
And it helps draw smarter people away from those forums, making them an enclosed park for fools.

Slith

Scholar
Another mod at the ESF: "The Spartan Project"

This Mod aims at bringing the famed MJOLNIR armor of Halo to Oblivion while preserving the integrety of both the Oblivion and the Halo universes.

This armor will be pretty much all powerfull, but it will also have some major drawbacks and an extremely difficult quest to acquire it. Pretty much when you finally get the armor, you will love it, and you will hate me for and the pain and suffering I put you through to get it.

List of Features
- Full suit of performance enhancing MJOLNIR armor.
- Covenant plasma sword and jackel energy shield
- "Killing Spree" and "Running Riot" announced when bounty raises above a certain level
- an engaging quest, with multiple, high level dungeons

TO THE MODERATORS: I will not use any models or textures from the game halo, all models and textures will be made from scratch. If you need proof or have any questions, simply post or pm me. I intend to post picture of my step by step progress as I work.

This is just one idea at this point, but I hope to do this through the Spartan's back story, which is the Spartan made a random jump into unknown space to ovoid the covenant and emerged from warp too close to the planet to avoid crashing. The way I want to start the quest is to cause a meteor shower near a small village after you complete the main quest. Upon investigation you will find a crashed ship (pelican?) and a dead Spartan, surrounded by hordes of dead deadra that attempted to slay him. (I am thinking of having one scamp still standing, jumping with joy at defeating this enemy.) So really, the armor will be there, right in front of you the whole time and you can't use it until you finish the quest, I will elaborate on why later.

A 'Hard' quest that will drive people insane getting the armor... I wish people would stop thinking that making an item difficult to obtain is balance. It isn't, it just means a munchkin has to spend a little extra time to get it.

Then there's also his comment to the moderators about how he won't use any textures or anything from the Halo games. Bungie doesn't care if you use their textures or whatever in mods - just so long as you give credit and aren't selling it. What an oppressive forum to be in. [Why the hell is it green by the way?]

I suppose it's fitting [ironic even] that Oblivion the RPG is getting modded into an FPS.

FaranBrygo

Educated
Slith said:
I suppose it's fitting [ironic even] that Oblivion the RPG is getting modded into an FPS.

Considering Fallout 3 is going to be a FPS Oblivion mod I don't think it is that ironic.

Late

Novice
For the most part you’re right, difficult quest does nothing to balance the game. If it’s impossible to complete, then it might discourage some from trying at all. If the person manages to complete it, balancing shouldn’t be an issue since they've earned it.

Bungie, being a company owned my Microsoft after all…I can’t blame him for trying to avoid any legal disputes. The forum went from Purple to Red, then Green, then Tan, and back to Green again. They pretty much changed it for every new tes game. Don’t know why they’ve changed it again though; there hasn’t been any announcement on any new games.

Bringing Halo into Oblivion doesn’t turn it from an fprpg/h&s/ad into an fps. If the mod included guns then yes, but that isn’t the case here.

Slith

Scholar
Late said:
Bringing Halo into Oblivion doesn’t turn it from an fprpg/h&s/ad into an fps. If the mod included guns then yes, but that isn’t the case here.
You're right, bringing Halo into Oblivion won't magically turn it into an FPS, but things like this: "- "Killing Spree" and "Running Riot" announced when bounty raises above a certain level " certainly move towards it.

I was pretty out of it when I made that post anyways.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Someone called "AvrilLavigneFan" used Bungie models and textures in a "Halo Island" Morrowind mod, and it got shut down.

I quite enjoy the ES forums. The Oblivion sections provide an endless source of amusement - one has to wonder if it's all a big, imaginative joke - and being the voice of reason is always fun. I'm technically ban-on-sight since 2004, but they haven't worked out who I am yet.

The forum went from Purple to Red, then Green, then Tan, and back to Green again. They pretty much changed it for every new tes game.

Someone managed to get a virus into the Tan skin - "probably one of those Codex bastards" was one amusing comment - so they switched it temporarily. You can choose between six different skins - red, blue, tan, grey, green and "big font".

Late

Novice
I’m guessing that the Big Font option was very popular, or why else would they make Oblivion’s font so huge?

Levski 1912

Scholar
If it’s impossible to complete, then it might discourage some from trying at all. If the person manages to complete it, balancing shouldn’t be an issue since they've earned it.

One word- godmode.

Late

Novice
In Daggerfall, the NPCs had no life and just wonder around aimlessy or just stand at the same spot, and barely any interesting dialogue and instead just "That way, east". They are also impossible to hurt if they are indoors. The dungeons are large mazes that doesn't make any sense. The majority of the quests are all the same (fetch me some mummy wrappings). Finishing the main quest had no impact on the game world at all. The Liches walked into their own fireballs and blew themselves up, or fell down thru the floor, as everything else. The player carry around his horse in his backpack, when walking around. The wilderness has nothing insteresting in it at all, and there's no reason to not use fast-travel all the time. Plenty of skills are practically useless. The guards are even more psychic than the Oblivion guards and will know instantly when you done something wrong; HALT! HALT! HALT!

And there are many more things.

That said, Daggerfall is probably still my favorite TES game, because of the roof jumping (even if Oblivion have much better sneaking aspects otherwise), sheer size of it and some other things. Somehow it felt more like a virtual fantasy world, instead of a fantasy game world. But I consider Oblivion to be a huge improvement over Morrowind.

John Yossarian

Magister
from http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=536841
Nirano said:
Graphics are one of the most important KEY FACTORS in making a game good.

I tried to re-install Morrowind when I finished Oblivion and nearly threw up 6 times because of the horrible graphics.

I'm sorry, but personally, once you go Oblivion, you never go back. It's impossible. The graphics simply keep me hooked.
Wanna lose a few pounds? Try reinstalling Morrowind seven times. :roll:

ixg

Erudite
Next game made by Bethesda should have a bomb inside the packaging. And thus, problem solved.

Balor

Arcane
Well, graphics were OK in MW.
THE ANIMATION SUCKED!
And it's much worse. You can dissmiss 'simple' graphics. But when you see relatively realistic-looking people walking around like they have poles up their asses and string tied to arms and legs...
What did he said about throwing up?
Howevever, animation was not impoved much in Oblivion.

Balor said:
Well, graphics were OK in MW.
THE ANIMATION SUCKED!
And it's much worse. You can dissmiss 'simple' graphics. But when you see relatively realistic-looking people walking around like they have poles up their asses and string tied to arms and legs...
What did he said about throwing up?
Howevever, animation was not impoved much in Oblivion.

I dont understand why they spent time on hdr, physics and ultra realistic grass when people look like shit up close and animate like shit. It is a mystery.

Also I fail to understand why bethesda even bothered with adding rpg elements to oblivion, because it is obvious to me that they think rpg elements are repellent to the market they are aiming at.

They should have really focused on combat, exploration and plot, other really poor aspects of the game, if they hate rpgs so much.

Lumpy

Arcane
Thrawn05 said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=537697

From the looks of it, it seems that DF is better then OB on a number of fronts as concluded by the Todd Drones (TM)(C)(R).

It seems only Freddo took to time to say somthing other then "DF sucks, OB PWNS ALL!!" He's still an idiot though.

Action: Oblivion wins
Everything else: Daggerfall wins
I want to play daggerfall.
@ OP I guess Daggerfall had its immersive qualities as did MW. But Olivion has that gameplay element that keeps me playing....... It is wierd. I would like some more static things though..... EVERYTHING leveled seems a bit farfetched.

So they agree that Daggerfall was better than Oblivion. Then, why the fuck are they Todd Drones (TM)(C)(R)??
And you're just contradicting your fucking self. First you say that people agree that Daggerfall was better than Oblivion (which they did), and then you say that Freddo was the only one who agreed with that.
And why is he an idiot? Because he's a TESF mod? Because your mind can't comprehend anything else but "Codex good. TESF bad."? Freddo is one of the most reasonable TESF moderators. There are some nazi ones, but not all of them, although they might appear so compared to the Codex, but not to other forums.
And yes, there are many idiots on TESF, but not all the posters are. The same was as there are many idiots on the Codex as well, you being one of them. Thanks for masterfully proving that again.

Data4

Arcane
Freddo is reasonable. Summer and Salamander are the Antichrist and False Prophet, respectively.

-D4

Lumpy

Arcane
Data4 said:
Freddo is reasonable. Summer and Salamander are the Antichrist and False Prophet, respectively.

-D4
Actually, Summer is OK. Archie is really unreasonable sometimes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom