Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda Pulls 'The Pitt' DLC From Xbox Live Marketplace

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
mvc010f.jpg

From some folks on NMA, this DLC sounds dumb as all hell.

Supposedly you are forced to go in as a slave. If you try to go in as a slaver, or go in to raze the place, a cutscene will occur and four guys with pipes with beat you down and take all your stuff...even if you are a level 20, power-armored badass with a nuclear catapult at the ready. Can you say jRPG trope?

The "moral ambiguity" is....well...not very ambiguous apparently. Supposedly the slaver leader is an ex-Brotherhood paladin who was considered MIA by the Brotherhood during their razing of the Pitt, he woke up, took over, and tried to turn the city into a place that could produce stuff by turning the raiders he conquered to work and buying some slaves. The "cure" is his daughter who was born mutation free, and the player has the choice in the end to stop a slave revolt, or side with it.

The slaver leader apparently intends to set the citizens free after he has a working cure so they don't cut up his daughter or cruelly experiment on her. The slaves are pretty much supposedly the angry, unthinking mob type. So the moral ambiguity is kinda crap. I mean, the whole issue hinges on the ex-paladin buying and using slaves, instead of just...you know...having his raiders capture other raiders. It seems really ham-fisted. I guess it has a bit of ambiguity, but like everything Bethesda does in Fallout 3, if you think about it for more than a minute in terms of the rest of the gameworld, it gets dumb real fast.

Syraxith

Novice
I wonder how many bugs are left in The Pitt and how long until the community patch is released.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Just finished it and, while it was incredibly shitty in every possible and impossible way, I have to say it makes the main Fallout 3 product look better. Play the pitt, you'll appreciate less crappy crap more!

Rape shower, here I come!

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
fastpunk said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Play the pitt, you'll appreciate less crappy crap more!

Less crappy crap, but ultimately still crap. Why do you torture yourself this way?
Coprophilia - the proof there is NOTHING that couldn't be enjoyed by a human being.

Drakron

Arcane
Actually ... they do not beat up the player with pipes.

Its worst.

After getting the clothing, getting there and dealing with the initial guards you have to go across the Liberty Bridge (its not named on the game but that is the bridge on Pittsburgh that is about in the same location) that is filled with mines and some bear traps here (also there are some Dogs and Raider Sniper) and there so its simply very annoying (without the perk) and then when we get across the damn thing we just go up to the gate, get captured and get all the equipment being taken off.

But the worst part is this is as linear as Anchorage, the only choices are ... do we buy the slaves or kill the slavers (to get the cloths) or who do we side at the end.

That is it, the rest is "collect 10 Steel Ingots" and "fight 3 times in the Arena", nothing more ... no "roleplaying" alternatives to get a meeting with Ashur besides the Arena.

Its the same mistake they did with Anchorage, they keep using the FPS aspect of Fallout 3 in DCL that is the WORST aspect of Fallout 3.

Luzur

Good Sir
but it shovels in the big bucks for Todd (Toadie?) Howard and gang so get used to it, until the Fallout franchise is so milked that only skin and bone remains.

:single tear:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
This is a real outrage, especially since classics in the RPG genre are noted for being stable when released and very polished products.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
BLOBERT said:
This is a real outrage, especially since classics in the RPG genre are noted for being stable when released and very polished products.

There are annoying bugs and glitches, then there's giant floating exclamation marks and the game being (reportedly) almost completely unplayable.

Drakron

Arcane
Daggerfall is a classic and I lost track of how many patches they released for it back in the early years of the interwebs (I got the patches on a gaming magazine CD).

As for this one ... well, there are some oddities, like the vanishing autoaxe 1st person mesh that is simply fixed by simply unequip and reunequip it, I did have a wall vanish it once just to reload the game and see it again as normal.

I am not really blaming Bethsoft from the Xbox Live fuck up, the file was corrupted and MS (who IS in charge of the thing) never checked it before they put it on the network, I have no idea were the actual fuck up happened to be able to assign blame to Bethsoft, Microsoft or both.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Drakron said:
Its the same mistake they did with Anchorage, they keep using the FPS aspect of Fallout 3 in DCL that is the WORST aspect of Fallout 3.

Considering that there are no good aspects of Fallout 3 nothing of value was lost.

"Bethesda seems to be getting on a right track" lol

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I just finished it and it was incredibly bad. I was expecting them to make a really polished and non-linear quest with lots of options in how to go through with it. Instead it's very linear and you have to look real hard for any choices which includes the good old good vs bad.

The Mass Effect DLC was $5 I think and leap and bounds better than this shit. I'm never going to touch any future FO3 DLC.

Also the DLC is buggy and runs bad on the xbox too.

bossjimbob

Liturgist
POOPERSCOOPER said:
The Mass Effect DLC was $5 I think and leap and bounds better than this shit.

Is Bring Down the Sky any good? I just finished the ME main story and was considering picking up the DLC.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Ya, I thought it was pretty good. It's what the side mission should have been like in the main game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom