Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda Releases Concept Art

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
WormGod said:
*sigh* I cant win.
Of course you can't win. The race is over, all arguing won't change the result.

Mech

Cipher
Who owns the copyright to the "copied" piece, and where did they get THEIR insperation from?

If you can't give me both answers then this arguement is completely idiotic.

Nutcracker

Scholar
Wow, this really is scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of finding ways to harass Bethesda.

Lowry

Novice
@MSFD :

you probably cant answer this but... did the differing appearance of armour depending on the gender of the player character make it into the game? or is that just concept? (looking at the daedric armor art)

kris

Arcane
Nutcracker said:
Wow, this really is scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of finding ways to harass Bethesda.

I would hardly classify it as harassing. I would classify it as more or less opinionated people debating a issue that came up the table. In fact people commenting on concept art said they liked it.

Nutcracker

Scholar
Yes, but making accusations of plagiarism without any real proof is a bit premature don't you think?

Lumpy

Arcane
Nutcracker said:
Yes, but making accusations of plagiarism without any real proof is a bit premature don't you think?
His picture being extremly similar to another one, and him admitting to having copied it doesn't qualify for real proof? What does then?

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Lowry said:
@MSFD :

you probably cant answer this but... did the differing appearance of armour depending on the gender of the player character make it into the game? or is that just concept? (looking at the daedric armor art)

All of the armor types have a different appearance if the wearer is male or female.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Must say, the sketch of the town 'Llewaiin' does look good. Oblivion doesn't seem to have anything on the scale of a 'city', but at least what's there looks a lot more creative and organic than Morrowind's settlements.

I just hope the buildings are differentiated more than the screenshots suggest - so far there have been identical looking cathedrals (just vary the textures and colour in different regions at least!) and very similar looking all-brown houses.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Twinfalls said:
Must say, the sketch of the town 'Llewaiin' does look good. Oblivion doesn't seem to have anything on the scale of a 'city', but at least what's there looks a lot more creative and organic than Morrowind's settlements.

I just hope the buildings are differentiated more than the screenshots suggest - so far there have been identical looking cathedrals (just vary the textures and colour in different regions at least!) and very similar looking all-brown houses.

I hope the imperial city will be pretty large, the sketch someone made on the forums suggests it's at least 5 times the size of this one.

http://www.waiting4oblivion.com/images/ ... al_map.png

I like most of the concept art, except for the Minotaur - but the in-game version looks decent, so "so what". I find the concept of "rock target dummies" ... pretty weird though... well I guess with fantasy materials people might not be as worried about denting and breaking their weapons, but still...

Whipporowill

Erudite
Lumpy said:
Nutcracker said:
His picture being extremly similar to another one, and him admitting to having copied it doesn't qualify for real proof? What does then?

Hear, hear. I'll second this. There's defintly basis to remove that piece of art from Beth's website - as they're claiming copyright for it. I still liked most of the artwork, but that's beside the point. I'm not in any way harrassing Bethesda, I'd say the same if it was Troika, Obsidian or any company that managed said faux pas.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Lowry said:
@MSFD :

All of the armor types have a different appearance if the wearer is male or female.

Hyuk hyuk! teh bitches show teh midriff? :oops:

Lowry

Novice
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Lowry said:
@MSFD :

Ahh good, thanks :)

Twinfalls

Erudite
I just hope armour can still look this ridiculous:

invmorrow5ti.jpg

Aaaaahhh that makes me laugh to tears

Whipporowill

Erudite
fizzelopeguss said:
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Lowry said:
@MSFD :

Hyuk hyuk! teh bitches show teh midriff? :oops:

Actually, I have to give Beth credit for NOT seeming to go that stereotypical route. Armour looks like armour even on females - at least in the concept art.

Ausir

Arcane
Yeah, male chainmail and female chainmail bikini is really getting old.

Section8

Cipher
I want to see a male chainmail bikini. No wait, I don't think I do.

I hope the male/female distinctions aren't like the concept of the sup4r-tough INANE CLOWNZZZZZZDEADRIC ARMRO!! The male version already looks goofy in a "OMG SPIKEY BITS ARE TEH EVILL!!!!!" way, and the female version looks basically the same, but with all sorts of vulnerable bits strategically exposed (neck, arms, midriff, thighs).

In other news, my favourite armour-based dress up fun in Morrowind was to sell full face helmets to ugly people (ie everyone). I just wish they muffled their voices too.

Chefe

Erudite
Speaking of armor, it's not listed in these concepts, but the gladiator armor from the trailer I thought looked pretty cool.

This Daedric sucks though. "OOOH! Look at me, I'm Evil!!"

Lowry

Novice
Chefe said:
This Daedric sucks though. "OOOH! Look at me, I'm Evil!!"

Considering the armor's origins i would say it fits just fine, or do you think it should look like normal plate only a different colour?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom