Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda to develop and publish Fallout 3?

Sheriff05

Liturgist
TFVanguard said:
Well, no, but I question the logic of constantly berating and shitting on someone, .

Logic ain't got nothing to do with it , and in the the words of John Paul Jones
"I have not yet begun to berate and shit"

I just get a laugh when ever people from other websites come over here all pissed off about what goes on here. seriously. saying shit like
"we should be gratefull"
What the fuck is that?
You expect a serious response from anyone here?

INTERNET2.0

Novice
Sheriff05 said:
TFVanguard said:
Well, no, but I question the logic of constantly berating and shitting on someone, .

Logic ain't got nothing to do with it , and in the the words of John Paul Jones
"I have not yet begun to berate and shit"

I just get a laugh when ever people from other websites come over here all pissed off about what goes on here. seriously. saying shit like
"we should be gratefull"
What the fuck is that?

No because you're all bitter and retarded. All of the rational Fallout fans are long gone and only a tiny little ball of condensed angst and hatred is left.

TFVanguard

Liturgist
Sheriff05 said:
Logic ain't got nothing to do with it , and in the the words of John Paul Jones "I have not yet begun to berate and shit"

Well, I'm just saying to not be surprised when ya'll don't get listened to by the 'powers that be'. I think a few guys here seriously expect Bethesda's ear at the same time they're trying to scream and curse into it.

"we should be gratefull"
What the fuck is that?

I don't really get that either. You don't owe anyone support any more than a game company owes anyone a game. The relationship don't work that way. They make something, hope you like it, and you buy it if you do. Simple. End of story.

Half and half, really. :>

Deathy

Liturgist
INTERNET2.0 said:
No because you're all bitter and retarded. All of the rational Fallout fans are long gone and only a tiny little ball of condensed angst and hatred is left.

Why are you posting here then? It's not like people like these really warrant any kind of attention...

Sheriff05

Liturgist
TFVanguard said:
Well, I'm just saying to not be surprised when ya'll don't get listened to by the 'powers that be'. I think a few guys here seriously expect Bethesda's ear at the same time they're trying to scream and curse into it.

You're really in the wrong place if you think anybody here is fooling themselves into thinking they can lobby to be " listened to", most here seem way past that kind of shit.
I am suprised some of the regulars here even seem to care, I think most are more concerned with the " raping the corpse" scenario, then giving a shit about whatever console game Bethesda wants to call FO3..I get pissed because Fallout was a good game and has a great nostaglia factor, I hate to see it dragged through the mud by whatever group of assholes seeing dollar signs thinks they can reinvent it. Well, I don't want it reinvented- I'd like it left alone, thanks.
Can we pay them $50.00 NOT to make the game?

finneusgage

Novice
Sheriff05 said:
You're really in the wrong place if you think anybody here is fooling themselves into thinking they can lobby to be " listened to", most here seem way past that kind of shit.

INTERNET2.0 said:
All of the rational Fallout fans are long gone and only a tiny little ball of condensed angst and hatred is left.

Amazing.

TFVanguard

Liturgist
Sheriff05 said:

I think a few guys might be - in the impotent way I described earlier. But, yeah, I expect a lot of people are here to bitch and moan about how better things were back in the good old days where you fucked with HIMEM.SYS to get your games working. :)

I get pissed because Fallout was a good game and has a great nostaglia factor.

You sound like a Star Trek or Transformers fan. Eh, remember, Fallout III doesn't destroy Fallout I anymore than Master of Orion III ruins my enjoyment of Master of Orion II. Yeah, there's some nostalgia factor being cashed in, but, I know these days to pay attention to the substance rather than the title.

If MOO4, for instance, kicks ass, I'll get it. It stands on its own.

finneusgage

Novice
TFVanguard said:
Eh, remember, Fallout III doesn't destroy Fallout I anymore than Master of Orion III ruins my enjoyment of Master of Orion II.

Bethesda should make it so that FO3 rewrites all dialogue in the previous games to be jeffk-speak, thus lending credibility to any previously dubious claims of retroactive destruction of enjoyment.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
TFVanguard said:
anymore than Master of Orion III ruins my enjoyment of Master of Orion II. Yeah, there's some nostalgia factor being cashed in, but, I know these days to pay attention to the substance rather than the title.

If MOO4, for instance, kicks ass, I'll get it. It stands on its own.

you're kidding right? so it doesn't bother you to see a franchise that you have a certain nostaglia for to be passed around like the town whore??.
I'm not losing sleep over it and I could give a shit...but I certainly see why many here think it's a total joke.
And come on, MOO3??, everytime I play MOO2 I think about how bad that sucked, forget Fallout that was the ultimate knife in the back for me :lol:

TFVanguard

Liturgist
finneusgage said:
Bethesda should make it so that FO3 rewrites all dialogue in the previous games to be jeffk-speak, thus lending credibility to any previously dubious claims of retroactive destruction of enjoyment.

Retroactive destruction? "I enjoyed it, but no more! I had had been enjoying it.. until you projected nonenjoyment into my childhood.." I wonder if you can sue for emotional damage for this...

TFVanguard

Liturgist
Sheriff05 said:
you're kidding right? so it doesn't bother you to see a franchise that you have a certain nostaglia for to be passed around like the town whore??.

More like used to it by now. Star Trek, Star Wars, Transformers, Masters of Orion, Warlords, Dungeons and Dragons. To remain healthy, I have learned to take the bits and pieces I like and disregard the rest. It's a lot better than waiting for the 'franchise killer' that's bound to come.

And come on, MOO3??, everytime I play MOO2 I think about how bad that sucked, forget Fallout that was the ultimate knife in the back for me :lol:

Heh, well MOO3 may be the franchise killer, but there's still a good game in MOO2. Yeah, that means no MOO4, more than likely, but oh well. I can get upset at what could have been.. but I also know that I didn't just have it coming.

Besides, if I am reallly so upset, I probably should take all my bits and pieces of code and start work on my own gaming house. :)

taks

Liturgist
TFVanguard said:
Sheriff05 said:
First and foremost, Fuck You.

Way to step up to the plate and prove him wrong! Way to show that you're a rational, mature, reasonable person. Way not to go off at the handle based on absolutely nothing at all.
to simply refer to this as the sherrif M.O. would be a gross under-estimate of his true reasoning...

taks

finneusgage

Novice
Sheriff05 said:

"Fallout is my wife and you will treat her with respect!"?

I'm not losing sleep over it and I could give a shit...

In which case you just might be taking the internet too seriously. Pop a few anti-anxiety pills and let go of it all.

I stopped giving a damn once I got Galactic Civilizations. That game was alright, but I want a space empire game that lets me build Dyson spheres.

Deathy

Liturgist
finneusgage said:
I stopped giving a damn once I got Galactic Civilizations. That game was alright, but I want a space empire game that lets me build Dyson spheres.

*Starts a tangent to this pointless discussion*

Did you ever play Space Empires IV? That allowed you to create Dyson spheres.
Fantastic game too, especially for an indie developer.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
taks said:
to simply refer to this as the sherrif M.O. would be a gross under-estimate of his true reasoning...

taks

Funny thing Taks, the guy I was telling to "Fuck Off" sounded alot like you
go figure :lol:

finneusgage

Novice
Deathy said:
finneusgage said:

*Starts a tangent to this pointless discussion*

Did you ever play Space Empires IV? That allowed you to create Dyson spheres.
Fantastic game too, especially for an indie developer.

Really? I'll go dispose some of my income on this title, then.

taks

Liturgist
hehe, lemme see... intelligent, calm, coherent thoughts? sure did... i couldn't resist passing the information along, however. :)

taks

TFVanguard

Liturgist
finneusgage said:
Really? I'll go dispose some of my income on this title, then.

It's actually worth it. Been a bit since I've played it, but I enjoyed it. :)

Sheriff05

Liturgist
taks said:
hehe, lemme see... intelligent, calm, coherent thoughts? sure did... i couldn't resist passing the information along, however. :)

taks

Figures you'd call this statement " intelligent, calm and coherent"

What a bunch of pathetic children you all are. OH MY GOD BETHESDA DON'T PUT HAIR ON DEATHCLAWS OR I'LL BURY YOU I SWEAR TO GOD WE'LL DO IT. IF I DON'T LIKE YOUR GAME I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF AND YOU'LL BE SORRY.

I don't even care about Fallout, but after being linked to this thread from the SA forums I just had to tell you all what I think of you and your childish whining. You should be grateful you're getting anything at all, you little snots. No wonder the RPG Codex forums have such a bad reputation on the rest of the internet.

You also share DNA with this genius in regards to talking smack about the Codexs "reputation", yet you still choose to hang out and post here.

but hey, get your lame cheap shots in at me while you can, it's cool, since you still can't win an argument.
:cool:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I saw this coming from a mile away. I told you guys about it, remember? Troika and Bethesda bid on the license, but Troika never put in a serious bid, so naturally they lost. Just brace yourselves. We're about to go beyond the Schwartzschild Horizon of utter, utter shit. I've a feeling that our still-conscious minds aren't going to be ripped apart and torn asunder before we approach singularity, so needless to say, it's going to be a very bumpy ride, and I'll make sure everyone's around to feel it.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Haven't you heard? In line with Bethesda's inexplicably uncreative line of products, Fallout 3's setting is just going to be set in a generic science fiction 'post apocalyptic' setting.

Dralah

Novice
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen so many idiots in one place before. Congradulations, you actually make Gamefaqs look civil. I wonder how many of these crybabies whining about "boo hoo, it's not going to be a carbon copy of the old Fallout games" realize that the old developers were cutting down the skill system and making it more "simplistic" long before Bethesda ever came into the picture (and after seeing this forum, it's obvious they did it for people like you). But hey, at least this game should be about as buggy as the old Fallouts with Bethesda working on it (though unfortunalty probably not to the same extent, I got a hell of a lot more random crashes and incompletable quests with the old Fallouts than I ever did with Morrowind). If you people represent the Fallout fanbase...wow...then I'm sorry I ever even played those games. Amazing, idiots on the internet can manage to ruin even single-player games for people.

I seriously hope they make the game the exact OPPOSITE of what you people want, simply because pissing you people would make me happy. Besides, maybe then we'll get a REAL update to the series, rather than "Fallout 1.25" as you people would rather have. If you want games to stay exactly the same and keep the same developer year after year, go play Megaman.

Marcus

Novice
I'm a lurker at a lot of Fallout sites, I loved the first two, and didn't hate FOT but didn't love it either (won't even mention FOBOS). I know a lot of Fallout fans go a tad over the top but I have to wonder how the Elder Scrolls fans would handle say the next ES game being made by Id software (or maybe WestWood) on the Sacred game engine with combat being done in Alex Kidd boss style (rock, paper, scissors style), because I get the feeling thats how a lot of Fallout fans feel about how things are going at the moment.

I'm willing to let Bethesda have a try but at this point im not expecting much, so far all signs point to a massive change in style for Fallout 3 when most of us only really wanted something similar to before or nothing at all. The idea of a first person Fallout doesn't totally repulse me but again going on past performace (ie Morrowind) I really don't think they could do it justice.

I was amused by one statement on the ES forums that said basically that Bethesda had worked on and polished Morrowind before release, making it a good balanced game that ran well on Xbox and PC. Obviously that particular person has never actually played Morrowind:Crash to Desktop (or in my case crash on the main menu before I can even move the mouse, although it did work last year, was reasonably enjoyable too but thats not my point).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom