Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda to develop and publish Fallout 3?

As dorky and goofy as I am, I'm like Star Trek and the reason the fans feel so pissed off with paramount is because they basically shit all over the star trek continuity, removed star trek from the name of the show, threw in b00bie's to try and attract people and then made a terrible fucking show.

Paramount are feeling our pasty and weak limbed wrath now however.

The thing that most annoyed me was the continuity issue, it would be like making fallout three set before fallout 1 and the world being perfectly rosy using solar power and hydrogen fuel. The sino-euro-american alliance land on mars and usher in a whole new era of spoon-in-ass-shit-eating while the russians make miniature american flags.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
FO is NOT Troika's baby. Please, people, do your ranting BUT do NOT lie.

kthnxbye.

IClaudius

Novice
Volourn said:

kthnxbye.
What do you mean? The 'Trio' worked on Fallout 1 and a bit of Fallout 2. Boyarsky himself edited a fair bit of dialogue and created the art style of FO. How is it not their baby?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Troika is more than troika. Also, LOTS of people who don't work at Troika worked on FO. Heck, a good number of Obsidian employees worked on FO. There might be evena few still at Interplay. Plus, others have gone elsewhere. Bottom line is that FO is not Troika's baby. not even close. It is Interplay's baby.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
IClaudius said:
Volourn said:

kthnxbye.
What do you mean? The 'Trio' worked on Fallout 1 and a bit of Fallout 2. Boyarsky himself edited a fair bit of dialogue and created the art style of FO. How is it not their baby?

It just means that the folks at Troika placed more sperm into the vial, but they didn't fill it.

Somebody named Thrawn actually posted this over at NMA

Even morrowind had more entertaining combat that FO.

The way he describes himself as a fan, bethesdaman, conjures up an image of a fat little child grabbing a toy that everyone loves, screaming "mine" and then smashing it against the wall. If he were a true fan he would be here or on NMA justifying why he is doing this and why he didn't just fuck off and leave fallout alone, I would have been content with it dying rather than what it will become.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Black Isle is Interplay more or less. It's (or was) their role-playing dvision.

RP, lol.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
StraitLacedDeviant said:
Yes but the world would have been destroyed by space banditos by then....

Think outside the box for a minute. Space banditos are overly passé. In Fallout 6, Darth Horrigan will reappear and join forces with the renegade Ophrah Deathclaw and will cross the desert to find the Awesome Nuclear Poontang. Only you, as the love child of Tandi and Harold (and a Radscorpion too, according to rumors) will be able to stand up to those two.

Role-Player said:
Think outside the box for a minute. Space banditos are overly passé. In Fallout 6, Darth Horrigan will reappear and join forces with the renegade Ophrah Deathclaw and will cross the desert to find the Awesome Nuclear Poontang. Only you, as the love child of Tandi and Harold (and a Radscorpion too, according to rumors) will be able to stand up to those two.

Don't forget the amnesia *shakes fist* somebody better have amnesia!

You musn't leave out Billy the plucky but doomed ghoul child, who dies pointlessly trying to emulate you....

"Chosen One, Chosen One, look I can kick a super mutant in the nuts as well. "

....but dies horribly leaving you with a terrible burden of guilt....

suibhne

Erudite
MrBrown said:
Looks like Bethesda is about to feel the wrath of the FO fans. Did someone make death threat phone calls yet?

Aww, shit. This is probably one of those things that didn't get done just because we all assumed somebody else was handling it.

Worm

Liturgist
Greenskin13 said:
Worm said:
God, you guys wouldn't be happy unless Interplay recieved a billion dollar grant from the government to make Fallout 3.

Actually, if you spend a little over 4 minutes here reading, you'd learn the Codex isn't exactly friendly with Inertplay at the moment.
Ahh you guys are on the outs? Does Interplay know?

Exitium said:
I saw this coming from a mile away. I told you guys about it, remember? Troika and Bethesda bid on the license, but Troika never put in a serious bid, so naturally they lost. Just brace yourselves. We're about to go beyond the Schwartzschild Horizon of utter, utter shit. I've a feeling that our still-conscious minds aren't going to be ripped apart and torn asunder before we approach singularity, so needless to say, it's going to be a very bumpy ride, and I'll make sure everyone's around to feel it.
People here actually wanted Trioka to get their hands on it?

taks

Liturgist
Sheriff05 said:
You also share DNA with this genius in regards to talking smack about the Codexs "reputation", yet you still choose to hang out and post here.

but hey, get your lame cheap shots in at me while you can, it's cool, since you still can't win an argument.
:cool:

i was actually referring to the posts that the TVf dude was making, not INTERNET2.0, since that is who i was replying to specifically... his posts are relatively calm and intelligent (albeit controversial on these boards).

hmmm, there's something wrong with pointing out that people do pick on the codex on other fora? even if it's the truth? i don't particularly bad-mouth this place, though i do note the level of fanboism that exists for certain developers... what's wrong with that?

sherrif, you start out nearly every post with some slur or insult and you dare to talk about my "cheap shots?" i'd hardly call such methods "winning an argument" either... "my curse words are better than yours" and all that... get some education, a life and grow out of your teenage years and maybe then you can hang... till then... hehehe.

taks

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Worm said:
People here actually wanted Trioka to get their hands on it?
I know it sounds crazy but yes, we wanted the original creators of the setting to continue working on it. Duh!

Worm

Liturgist
I'm sure all you loved the immersion in Arcanum as you had to slag through totally unaviodable Diablo-Style dungeon fights, I didn't play ToEE, so let's just say this: one half of their games blew. OOPS! You're all crazy for wanting them to do anything. I'd rather have Rockstar make Fallout than Trioka. Maybe they lost what they had, maybe they could only make good Fallout games and failed at anything else. Though they don't make games as good as Fallout currently, so why do you think they all of a sudden can stop sucking?

I sure as hell know ToEE isn't as good as Fallout or I would have hear more about it.

Flink

Liturgist
Captain Clueless strikes again! Have a lolly!:roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom