Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Deleted tweet: https://www.gematsu.com/2024/06/bey...5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc?s=31

Beyond Good & Evil 20th Anniversary Edition will launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC on June 25, Ubisoft announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via Ubisoft:

Swoop into the marvelous world of Hillys as action-reporter Jade to investigate the mysterious DomZ alien attacks alongside colorful characters, like her adoptive uncle Pey’j or the valiant Double H.
Embark on this epic adventure in up to 4K, 60 frames per second with improved graphics, controls, and audio, along with brand-new autosave and cross-save features.
Enjoy exclusive new rewards as you explore the planet and discover more about Jade’s past in a new treasure hunt throughout Hillys.
Put your skills to the test thanks to the new speedrun mode and updated achievements, and learn more about the game’s development and secrets in the anniversary gallery!
Armed with her dai-jo and faithful camera, Jade’s adventure will get you to freely explore Hillys, combat creatures large and small, infiltrate dangerous areas, solve enigmatic puzzles, play addictive mini-games, race the best hovercraft pilots, and take pictures of the whole experience.
Be ready to dive into a trailblazing blend of action gameplay and thrilling emotional cutscenes!
Watch a new trailer below.

v1c70r14

Educated
It was cool, but I don't understand the fascination. I played hundreds of cool games in that era. None of which got this attention. What gives?
I can't speak for anyone else but what made it stand out to me was the sense of style. You don't get many games that play and look like a Franco-Belgian comic book, it's either very American or Japanese, even when French studios make the games. Rayman is remembered for the same reason I think, other platformers just didn't have the same pizzazz.

Johnny Rico

Literate
Played this game on original Xbox with CRT TV, looked and runned great, good game, great atmosphere. Tried HD port on PS3 recently with not much passion. Definitely will play it again on this remaster, using some dirty TV shader to put some visual nostalgy :)

Tehdagah

Arcane
Looking back, this was one of the first DEI games. Protagonist is a "non-sexualized" (ie: average looking) asian woman whose AI partner is a black latino guy with a sassy accent.

Anita Sarkeesian considered Jade one of the "best representation of women in videogames"

Looking back, this was one of the first DEI games. Protagonist is a "non-sexualized" (ie: average looking) asian woman whose AI partner is a black latino guy with a sassy accent.

Anita Sarkeesian considered Jade one of the "best representation of women in videogames"
rent free

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

1719334242834.png

Yeah totally non-sexualized and plain-looking. Nothing hot to see here at all.

1719334283167.png

Nothing whatsoever.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

It's just extremely French. Look at the Fifth Element and Chris Tucker's character. Frogs heckin' love stories with attractive women and multiethnic casts.

Tehdagah

Arcane

View attachment 51643

Yeah totally non-sexualized and plain-looking. Nothing hot to see here at all.

View attachment 51644

Nothing whatsoever.
Yes, she ain't sexy.

Also her ass (the most important thing in a third-person game) is a pancake.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Also her ass (the most important thing in a third-person game) is a pancake.
Euros getting into big asses is a more recent development than 2004. She's attractive by the French standards of the time.
Please tell us more about French beauty standards from 20 years ago. I'm sure you have a deep understanding of this topic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom