Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BF 3

Destroid

Arcane
Graphics look pretty sweet. I'd expect the MP gameplay to deliver as usual, hopefully the vehicle physics are a bit better than previous titles.

Joghurt

Augur
Who cares about SP in a Battlefield game? I bought Bad Company 2 on a Steam sale and I haven't even tried to play SP campaign

Also a quote from DICE:

So for our target of what we want to hit, we are now using the more powerful platform to try and prove what we see gaming being in the future rather than using the lowest common denominator, instead of developing it for the consoles and then just adding higher resolution textures and anti-aliasing for the PC version. We’re do it the other way around, we start with the highest-end technology that we can come up with and then scale it back to the consoles.

:incline:

Secretninja

Cipher
Wow, you can smell the butthurt in here. Why bitch about a game that is actually being designed with pc users in mind?

MapMan

Arcane
Battlefield: Modern Warfare. Let me know when they'll show actual MP gameplay. :M

baronjohn

Cipher
Secretninja said:
Wow, you can smell the butthurt in here. Why bitch about a game that is actually being designed with pc users in mind?
Because it's designed to brainwash kids into being future kwa cannon fodder. That's why!!

Luzur

Good Sir
looks nice and all, but i wanted some other scenario then the usual Freedom bringing Americans in the Middle East.

why not something like a future muslim revolt in central Europe? or shit going down in Asia.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With all these modern warfare games I wish good old WW2 would make a return.

MPs, heavy MGs and bolt-action rifles are more fun than all-round jack of all trades assault rifle.

Luzur

Good Sir
JarlFrank said:
With all these modern warfare games I wish good old WW2 would make a return.

MPs, heavy MGs and bolt-action rifles are more fun than all-round jack of all trades assault rifle.

that is old too, but consider either WW1 or near-future turk/african uprising in Berlin scenario.

What happened to putting cutscenes in games? At least you could skip those, these days you just get shit like that sniper hunt which doesn't actually have any gameplay, just stop/go/stop/go/stop/go/shoot a building, while a sniper who is coded not to hit you shoots at nothing. Are you going to be able to skip that? Of course not, that's apparently gameplay now. Gameplay with no actual play in it.

Not that the actual gunfight bits look any better.

ortucis

Prophet
Luzur said:
looks nice and all, but i wanted some other scenario then the usual Freedom bringing Americans in the Middle East.

why not something like a future muslim revolt in central Europe? or shit going down in Asia.

How exactly do you think they will sell such a game to Americans? US and surrounding areas are the major gaming market for such games. Creating a game where you play as Indian or Russian forces fighting against Chinese and Pakistani forces isn't really going to be appealing.

So Americans saving the world from Chinese. Islamic or Alien invasion is the best bet for most sales. Especially for a military shooter.

EDIT: On the side note, BF3 looks awesome and is PC friendly. I enjoyed Bad Company 2 SP a lot so looking forward to BF3 SP as well.

ortucis

Prophet
They have their own shooters, usually reskinned Counter Strike modded to shoot Americans instead. :P

User was nabbed fit

MP is gonna rock by all accounts. This is going to be the closest thing to a "proper" PC FPS since the older Battlefields. BFBC2 was a step in the right direction, and this will get it just right.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The game doesn't look terribly interesting but i guess they do deserve credit for having the balls to pump the graphics to the max and essentially give consoles a big fat middle finger, particularly after Crytek turned into a bunch of fucking pussies. The butthurt among Black Ops fags is going to be sweet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom