Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG&E for 5 dollars on Steam

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Beyond Good and Evil is 5 dollars on Steam for the rest of the weekend. Better go buy it.

Fez

Erudite
Easily worth $5, if anyone doesn't have it.

Shagnak said:
Alas, when I go to buy it it says "not available in your territory". :(

Fuckers.

Steam has continent restrictions? Aren't the games that are sold there distributed via a download, or am I misinformed?

WalterKinde

Scholar
Yes it has restrictions which is why some people hate it.
Thats why some folks suffered loss of playablity for steam based games bought through importers.
These are the cd pressed games like the orange box, where valve cancelled/revoked several steam accounts because on activation it was discovered the game was activated in the "wrong" region.
Its the darkside of steam, valve has the power to revoke playability on any game downloaded or bought via a disc. Once it uses the steam network.

On Beyond Good and Evil , great game try to find a secondhand disc copy if possible before going the Steam route, if you are able to get it via Steam that is.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I already have a CD version, I bought it on Steam just so that if my CDs are ever scratched I can just download it again. Also I hate messing with CDs. I mean, it's 5 dollars, no tax or shipping, that's like the cost of salad at a restaurant.

Lumpy

Arcane
So is this one of those 'great no matter what kind of games you like' game?

EDIT: So how do these motherfuckers know what country I'm from anyway? And why the fuck aren't all games available everywhere, even without the special offer?

WalterKinde

Scholar
Lumpy said:
EDIT: So how do these motherfuckers know what country I'm from anyway? And why the fuck aren't all games available everywhere, even without the special offer?
You have to login/register to your steam account and that tells valve where you are.
Second why its for sale in certain regions?
Money
The people who were buying the imported versions of the Orange Box were getting it cheaper than what Valve was selling it for natively in their region/country.
Then theres also the possibility of licensing fees if its a non valve game

Better yet, go emulate a good platformer and save yourself the cash rather than deal with half-baked stealth tacked on.

Actually you could piss away 5 bucks on much worse things, so check it out if you aren't savvy to a lot of console games, especially more modern platformers, and can stomach stupid conspiracy type stuff in the storyline.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Sounds good, the only bad part of the deal is Steam.

Yes, I'm flauting my teenage angst around.

J1M

Arcane
The story fucking jumps a shark at the end.

Also, a great title for a game wasted on a platformer with nothing to say.

DefJam101

Arcane
J1M said:
The story fucking jumps a shark at the end.

Also, a great title for a game wasted on a platformer with nothing to say.

gtfo12zb1.jpg

Shoelip

Arbiter
I don't get why people are calling it a platformer. You can't even jump. If anything it's like Sci Fi Zelda with an interesting setting and characters.

MetalCraze

Arcane
There's a sequel already in the works.
I haven't played BG&E though, but my nephew left me his copy of a game some time ago and it lies there, catching dust. So how bad is this game?

ushdugery

Scholar
it's just another one of those omg everyone must play games wank reviewers like to hype like shadow of the colossus not really alll that good but kinda fun no matter what genre you are into.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom