Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
ALL THE AWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brinko

Arcane
Yeah it's won 85 awards but what they don't tell you is that it won awards from E3 2011. So they've been accumulating awards since they first showed it off 2 years ago.

Cromwell

Arcane
Yeah it's won 85 awards but what they don't tell you is that it won awards from E3 2011. So they've been accumulating awards since they first showed it off 2 years ago.

Well thats also a Sentence to describe The Gaming Industry. Final patch One year after release. first award for the game 2 Years before release.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
major_award_4.jpg

1eyedking

Erudite
I can't understand how someone could find something of even remotely redeemable quality out of this game. The plot, the (null) artistic content, the gameplay, the characters, the graphics... everything is a shitfest.

What I find terribly unsettling about it all is that in the world out there, past the door of my room, my house, and taking a walk down the street, I would come across "adult" people who've genuinely enjoyed this game.

And they're the vast majority.

I can get 10 year-olds getting wet about it. I can completely understand why paid reviewers would praise it. But other than that, seriously world, get your fucking shit together.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I hope that it's so successful devs and the publisher will go bancrupt on it. It's the only hope.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
What I find terribly unsettling about it all is that in the world out there, past the door of my room, my house, and taking a walk down the street, I would come across "adult" people who've genuinely enjoyed this game.

I can still live with people enjoying shit like this, but what I can't wrap my head around is how many of those same adults are calling this a masterpiece and saying it's one of the best games in the world. Mostly because the story is 'deep' and you can spend ages pondering what the 'true meaning behind it all' is. The story is shit mediocre sci-fi, and it's being praised.

What's even more ironic is that many of those people find it okay to hate on shitty mass produced music, shitty mainstream films like Transformers with all its baysplosions and shit, but the moment you hate a mainstream piece of shit game like this simply for being a shit game, you're a hipster and trying to be edgy.

What the fuck gives?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
What the fuck gives?

Everything is a social construct. People are told it's amazing and thus it is amazing. The press is battered with how amazing it will be and believe it. The original was pretty impressive for an Xbox game, so the sequel has to be amazing, right?

Critical thought takes a backseat to social pressure most of the time, games are no different.

Also the presentation is, for those not allergic to bloom, pretty damn mind-clouding in its shiny pretties.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
but what I can't wrap my head around is how many of those same adults are calling this a masterpiece and saying it's one of the best games in the world.

Same reason that HL2 is held as "the best game ever." The only advantage of HL2 to B:I is that HL2 doesn't have a complete derp ending (yet) and nothing will be explained until EP3 comes out.

retardness over 9000: i was kindly asking on an italian forum how could some people feel passionate about a plot which would have never happened if the main character bought a pair of gloves. or even bandaged his hand or put his hand into a pocket, for the matter.
answer: "history is not made with ifs and buts".

a game made by subhumans for subhumans.

aris

Arcane
retardness over 9000: i was kindly asking on an italian forum how could some people feel passionate about a plot which would have never happened if the main character bought a pair of gloves. or even bandaged his hand or put his hand into a pocket, for the matter.

Holy shit, you've understood this game poorly. His mission was to get elisabeth from the tower and bring her to new york, which set the story in motion. He would have done that regardless of whether he had had a glove covering his mark or not. It's largely inconsequential. There was an italian localization for this game, you might want to try that the next time.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

Tell those oily greaseballs that it's fucking interactive fiction, not history. Stupid wops.

Holy shit, you've understood this game poorly. His mission was to get elisabeth from the tower and bring her to new york, which set the story in motion. He would have done that regardless of whether he had had a glove covering his mark or not. It's largely inconsequential. There was an italian localization for this game, you might want to try that the next time.
speaking of retardness...

DeepOcean

Arcane
but what I can't wrap my head around is how many of those same adults are calling this a masterpiece and saying it's one of the best games in the world.

Same reason that HL2 is held as "the best game ever." The only advantage of HL2 to B:I is that HL2 doesn't have a complete derp ending (yet) and nothing will be explained until EP3 comes out.
HL 2 is linear and have a NPC that help you and the similarities end here. You have to remember that HL2 was released in 2004 and BI is a mediocre HL2 clone in 2013, man, 10 years and there is only decline. The level design on HL2 is way better than BI in simulating a real place, the arquiteture, enemy design, gameplay that constantly changed so you aren't bored of repeating shooting galleries and there is alot of optional areas to explore. There is no level on BI that comes near Novaprojeckt and Ravenholm. HL 2 was way better about working with the themes it explored on the story (oppression/life on a totalitary regime), BI is heavy handed every time it tries to explore the racism/religious fanatism (that scene where you have to throw a ball on a black woman on the stage is worth a thousand facepalms). BI isn't bad because it is linear or have Elizabeth, it is a mediocre game that is less complex than Bioshock 1 and don't excel at anything, you could say that it is pretty and is less shitty than Bioshock 1 as a shooter but that is about it. It is ridiculous to choose HL 2 as the best game ever released but it is ridiculous x 1000 to say that Bioshock Infinite is the best in something, it is better than Call of Duty... I guess this is enough to be the best popamole shooter of the generation.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
You could at least fucking die in HL2 if you were an idiot.

Here, they give you bonus ammo when you "die".

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I can still live with people enjoying shit like this, but what I can't wrap my head around is how many of those same adults are calling this a masterpiece and saying it's one of the best games in the world. Mostly because the story is 'deep' and you can spend ages pondering what the 'true meaning behind it all' is. The story is shit mediocre sci-fi, and it's being praised.

What's even more ironic is that many of those people find it okay to hate on shitty mass produced music, shitty mainstream films like Transformers with all its baysplosions and shit, but the moment you hate a mainstream piece of shit game like this simply for being a shit game, you're a hipster and trying to be edgy.

What the fuck gives?
Most of the people who are calling it a "masterpiece" probably haven't played anything better. It's like you've spent all your life listening to Lil Wayne and then you discover Method Man and you think it's the greatest music ever made.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yes, sea has it right as usual.

The game is alright, but it seems amazing when you compare it to a short lifespan of nothing but mediocre Xbox 360 shooters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom