Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't understand by what right does reviewer state that Bioshock is "a good game". He says that right in the beginning, but in the end just states that he struggled through dull combat to get that "cinematic" moment, and even then it was't that fascinating because he knew that he will get it, and how he will get it. He could have said that he liked the story, and/or the setting, but if you just struggle against all the mindless violence and crappy bosses game throws at you, how can you state that the actual game was good? Or is there some sort of other definition of a "game" out there that I'm not getting?

His review was good though. The difference between it and Codex angry mobs is that he stated "game is good buuuuuuuut...", while Codex mob has no problems stating "game is bad because...".

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Guys, gaudaost also liked Diablo 3. Why is everyone spending time arguing with either an idiot with seriously bad taste or a troll?

Just laugh at his attempts at fighting da gud fite against da hipsta dex, then move on.

pocahaunted

Arcane
You can't tell the difference between what he said, and what you said in your paranthesis there?
:hmmm:

Your world perspective is as black and white as your profile picture.

You must be pretty thick, I've never talked in extremes. The game just isn't a masterpiece, as has been said by a few, nor is it good. It has artistic merits, but wastes this potential. I've repeated this several times, so how is my criticism black and white? You're a fucking idiot. I sincerely doubt your ability to read, let alone comprehend, any sentence that doesn't include the words "good", "hipsters", "black and white" or a combination thereof.

Angthoron

Arcane
You can't tell the difference between what he said, and what you said in your paranthesis there?
:hmmm:

Your world perspective is as black and white as your profile picture.
You know, Cheese, even if you weren't a shitposter, demanding people to write reviews of a mediocre game just wouldn't float. Now stop being a special snowflake.

Also, for someone having issues with Codex so much, you sure haven't applied for a Watch vacation yet. Ask DU. Try it. It's free!

aris

Arcane
What makes you think I have issues with the codex? If I did, I would leave. Making fun of aspects of the codex is one thing, like the fact that it attracts hipsters like bees to honey, having issues with it, is another.

People have asked me why I don't go over to the watch before, my answer was, and still is, that would be boring as hell. It's much more fun making people butthurt here.

Of course, being here for that reason only would be moot, I also very much enjoy classical RPG games.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
You mean like insulting games and watching felchers get angry and start spewing insults because they don't like when people say mean things about games they like?

Angthoron

Arcane
Really? I thought the Watch is much more easy to offend. And to be fair, you're not offensive, you're merely mildly annoying. I have a younger cousin that used to be that way once, I think every time he'd make me roll my eyes, he'd felt he killed a dragon.

Whatever floats your boat though, dude, but if you're seeking Herostrates' fame, you'll be sorely disappointed, Codex forgets her heroes quickly

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I think he's lying. Gauduost just likes shit games and absolutely cannot stand it if people say bad things about them. It bothers him so much that he simply cannot close the tab and just move along. He has to come whiteknight the game and insult those who disagree.

Meanwhile the world keeps spinning and B:I is still a pretty mediocre game.

booker! booker! booker! booker! booker! booker!
booker, what about buying some fucking gloves?
i hope the retardness of this game is not contagious.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
...I also very much enjoy classical RPG games.

Is that why you almost never discuss them? 90ish of your last 100 posts have been in this thread. Same schtick as when you were stroking your hard on for D3.

aris

Arcane
you're wrong, I do discuss them. This thread is more fun right now though.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Don't get me wrong bros, I believe you guys when you tell me this game is shit. But why does it have a user score of 90 on Metacritic?
Dude, I got my account banned for submitting my 4k review with the score of 1. These fuckers search and delete longer, better reviews with a lower score, leaving crappy ones, just to create an illusion of "haters gonna hate, read only good reviews, 10/10 ones!". In the meantime, a blatant advertising of 10/10 has a metacritic seal of approval:
The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos
Post your review here bro.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I saved my second review, which contains less words "pretentious".
Metacritic has deleted my 3000 characters review. It's sure good to know their ethics! This game is an overrated, overly pretensious example of lazy writing and poor development. Other reviewers put this out nicely. An overly complicated story, which was handled with the laziest move in the history: multiverse theory, turning all actions and events we see into irrevelant mumbo-jumbo. Writers were too incompetent to write a coherent plot, thus giving us twists every 10 minutes, which make absolutely no sense whatsoever. In its complexity, plot-line is absolutelt shallow, that can appeal only wannabe intellectuals. Add an anti-republican, anti-christianism propaganda. It's fading later however, as we're forced to fight the "good poor guys" too, but with absolutely no commentary on the issue besides: ~”oh, Booker, she's evil! these poor people can't be lead by her!” caused by a routine of the „we need a twist!” rule. In this way we get a game that targets a low intellectual factor. Sometimes, the propaganda is being shoveled down our throats so hard, it becomes savory. Is it a shooter or a political campaign promo? The ending sequence with a fan-service of sending us with a „quantum magic so deep” to Rapture City, traveling in time and overly pretentious lighthouses and baptism scenes. The gameplay is shallow, uninspiring, boring and poorly developed. You can't even stick out around the corners. It doesn't matter, as the game is unbelieveably easy, with absolutely no challange waiting ahead of us, even on the hard difficulty or 1999 mode (which adds only hp-bloats). Enemies' AI is non-existant, they just run to us in a straight line, or strafe in the distance, making headshooting them out a walk in a park. Weapon variety is an illusion, as most of them are just reskins of each other, and are absolutely useless compared to some. We carry just a carbine (way better than a sniper rifle apparently) and a RPG for hp-bloats. Ammunition and hps are not a problem, as we scavange these all the time, and we can use automatic shops, which are placed in an every fighting arena that we can use, even during the boss fights (Lady ghost). There's no death in this game. After we „die”, we respawn loosing a tiny-bit of money, spawning some ammo - the enemies we've killed up to this moment - remain dead. While we're overflowing in cash, we can literally „die” our way to a victory rushing mindlessly (as the enemies regain only a small % of their hps upon our „death”). I've never uprgaded any of my weapons or vigors (I don’t count irrelevant pistol upgrade, which I’ve never used after I got a better machine gun). Rarely used the last ones. They're overpowered, and still we can win this game without using them at all. Now, add a completely game-breaking gear system. We can find clothing pieces all around, that give us ridiculous powers, just like setting enemies on fire with melee or giving us a literal immortality for 5 seconds after jumping from sky-rails, which are too few for a game that boasted them in an every trailer. Most of the time we're fighting in-doors anyway. Graphics are low with sick amounts of a t**d-polish (hdr, bloom, blur), that makes this game look ugly and uninspiring, at least for my tastes. Art-design is play-dohish, as someone have mentioned. We can't even turn them off in the options menu. The only thing I can rate good, is a music score. But it's a typical „inspiring” from classics from the period, so it's not really a dev's credit. It would be a miracle to fail on that.

Angthoron

Arcane
Really? I thought the Watch is much more easy to offend. And to be fair, you're not offensive, you're merely mildly annoying. I have a younger cousin that used to be that way once, I think every time he'd make me roll my eyes, he'd felt he killed a dragon.

Whatever floats your boat though, dude, but if you're seeking Herostrates' fame, you'll be sorely disappointed, Codex forgets her heroes villains quickly

Well obviously, I was being stubble.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
And if you have a shred of credibility you cant put up a user critic portion of your side and then start deleting, trolls are users to : (

Well two responses here.

1) I'm not saying I'm in favor if their policy, I was simply explaining why they probably delete 1 out of 100 reviews for generally well-reviewed games.

2) I do think 1 out of 100 should be saved for the broken and unplayable, not for the too linear and cinematic, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I saved my second review, which contains less words "pretentious".

This is actually a good review, you whiny bastard. :eek:

Only nitpick I would have it overlooking the fact that the rebel leader being evil kind of invalidates the anti-american, anti-christian stuff... their point was power corrupts absolutely. Same in Bioshock 1 and 2, which lampooned libertarianism and communism respectively, but both were really about power corrupting people.

Still, you point out the flaws of the game very well. Good show.

Cromwell

Arcane
And if you have a shred of credibility you cant put up a user critic portion of your side and then start deleting, trolls are users to : (

Well two responses here.

1) I'm not saying I'm in favor if their policy, I was simply explaining why they probably delete 1 out of 100 reviews for generally well-reviewed games.

2) I do think 1 out of 100 should be saved for the broken and unplayable, not for the too linear and cinematic, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

With you I didnt mean you specifically, I meant more the you in the sense of "you, the editor" sorry. 2. Yes, if you are a professional, if you are not you should be allowed to be biased, emotional and bottomline unprofessional. Thats what user reviews are for. And a Site which deletes them because they are trolling do take the abillity to think for themselves about what they are reading out of the readers hands. If you do that theres no need for user reviews in the first place, then you can directly only post 10/10 professionals.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yes, if you are a professional, if you are not you should be allowed to be biased, emotional and bottomline unprofessional. Thats what user reviews are for. And a Site which deletes them because they are trolling do take the abillity to think for themselves about what they are reading out of the readers hands. If you do that theres no need for user reviews in the first place, then you can directly only post 10/10 professionals.

Yeah I guess. I was more saying I don't see why the user would use the 1 out of 100 score for a game like this. It makes the whole thing seem too emotional and silly, to me. ohWOW's review was actually a pretty good list of the reasons this game is deeply flawed, stuff no professional reviewer listed because they're corrupt, but slapping a 1 out of 100 on to it just makes it look like a butthurt rant.

Anyway doesn't matter much in the end.

Shadenuat

Arcane
slapping a 1 out of 100 on to it just makes it look like a butthurt rant
And what does slapping 100 out of 100 makes review look like?

I think reviews should have either 2 or 3 points system. One meaning game is shit, two you'r not sure, and three you liked the game.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
And what does slapping 100 out of 100 makes review look like?

A bought and paid for shit-show. Don't take me finding a 1 out of 100 as silly to mean any more than simply that, please. The simple point I am making is an extreme score ruins the real criticism involved.

Shadenuat

Arcane
A bought and paid for shit-show. Don't take me finding a 1 out of 100 as silly to mean any more than simply that, please.
What I mean is, there is that numerical balancing system, and if you really want to counter balance it, you pretty much have to slap 1's on reviews if you want the number to shift at least a little. Noone would pay attention to a well written "60" review, but a hundred of red stamps does get your attention. Sure, one can dismiss it as massive fan backlash or "butthurt", but at least it gives you a hint that something's not right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom