Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
I tried watching once angry Joe's video and i stopped after 1 minute. Is that idiot or his opinion important since i see him popping up in various threads.
A picture is worth a thousand words:
View attachment 1255
He is idiotic almost all the time, but to his credit he dared to give a HORRIBLE score of: 8/10 but on the end he added one more point because he liked the 2deep4you ending. The miracles that low intelligence can make: shit time travel paradox, OMG it's too DEEP for me.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Which other good qualities did PS:T have?

I suppose that if Torment had weak writing, complete lack of player agency, zero exploration, NPCs spouting exposition and was in first person, it would indeed be rather like Infinishock.

HRjEYCn.png

Seriously, enough is enough. Fucking Khor of gaming discussions.

aris

Arcane
:dance:And I am even closer to taking the throne!:dance:

Thank you, all you wonderful, buttthurt people
:love:

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
No one likes you.

Think it's a good thing.

Be gaudaost.

aris

Arcane
Hey, I'm not the one sucking on dicks and being proud of it.

so in the end i tried it.

i wasnt' this disgusted by a game since fahrenheit.
but holy fuck, fahrenheit disgusted me so much when i reached its last 20%, not its first 2%.
i would have called this biocock "call of duty for hipsters" but at least cod doesn't lose its coherence and credibility after 20 seconds! TWENTY SECONDS! the time you spend on the boat and smash yourself in front of the first invisible wall. and from there it's a constant downhill of retardation.
i feel personally insulted by this game.

aris

Arcane
Wow. Now that's the most awkwardly forced edgy review I've seen since xemous' review, can we do better?

WalmartJesus

Learned
At least people who like this are in good company

cDr6UXK.png

And can look forward to Joe's Mod for their Bioshock waifu

I like his "coolguy" jacket, I bet he's one of those chodes that will go to bars/parties and stand around like they're "the hippest/most attractive person there" ...despite the fact everybody is ignoring them. :lol:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I have now reached Finktown. Forcing myself to play at this point is... hard. I play every day or two but can't go more than an hour with getting tired with it and shutting down. The story is full of filler. Everything you do is just one more pointless obstacle towards your goal of leaving Columbia, and every pointless obstacle has another 5 pointless obstacles in the way. Elizabeth's personality is schizophrenic at best and she has constant changes in attitude that make no sense. Combat is getting boring as even on hard mode HP bloat is now out of hand. Slow, cumbersome character movement means you are better off just hiding behind a box than trying anything fun and outwitting enemies.

It's just fucking boring and uninspired. I don't care about what's going on, the shooting has grown really stale (and there is oh so much of it), and nothing about the story really makes any sense (though to even say the game has a story at this point is probably kind of generous). This game is Half-Life 2 made by a developer with less talent, less overarching creative consistency and significantly worse world-building and pacing.

aris

Arcane
Nice try sea, but you didn't surpass Madmaxhellfire's rant, I'm sorry to say.

see, this game is a shit fps. i can accept that, after all even system shock 2 and deus ex were shit fpss, so everything has to be built on background, atmosphere and suspension of disbelief.

the very first sequence gives you and takes away control over your character for no apparent reasons, just because. i've seen better stuff in half-life. i can close one eye on this. i try to keep both closed when there are invisible walls everywhere. i gouge one when i find money in trashcans. i gouge the other when i'm forced to eat and drink away stuff because there isn't an inventory. i eat one of the gouged eyes when i see "+ salt" when the salt mechanics haven't been introduced yet. i eat the other when i'm forced to wait because the game creator was so fucking proud of himself he absolutely had to show me the parade he made just for himself to be proud of, and to do so he stopped me with another invisible wall.
but i have nothing else to do when i meet the popcorn cart, with the popcorn cart man, with a big sign "popcorn $1" and then i proceed to eat popcorn taken right under the nose of the popcorn cart man without having to pay a single penny.
everything falls apart.
atmosphere is broken, background is retarded, suspension of disbelief disappears.
i'm left with a crappy corridor shooter with a 2deep4you plot.

this is way worse than fahrenheit's ending 25%.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I honestly thought his mustache was a joke at first... oh how wrong I was.

MisterStone

Arcane
Don't get me wrong bros, I believe you guys when you tell me this game is shit. But why does it have a user score of 90 on Metacritic? I used to be able to use userscore (curved down of course in order to compensate for the decline in the general population), but when the score is this high I could be tricked in to buying the fucking game. Has MetaCritic been hijacked by the same industry shills who make up phony reviews on Hotel review sites?

Eh, dumb question. You spend tens of millions developing a game you know hiring a "PR Consulting Furn" is a no-brainer...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why do games like this have high user scores? Same reason television is filled with nothing but reality shows.

User score on metacritic only reacts (harshly) to major fuck ups. Business as usual earns the same 80-90 range that reviewers throw out.

If you read actual user reviews on metacritic you can usually get a better idea than you would from "critic" reviews.

Gozma

Arcane
MisterStone

I'm sure it's a competent production-value/cinematic corridor FPS, buy it if you feel like playing one of those. There's no reason for people to rate it that low if they like the genre.

The reasons for outright shitting on it are meta-reasons unrelated to the question of whether you feel like playing a competent cinema corridor, like seeing how much money-engorged games like this distort the video game industry, or because they bought so much advertising they have made it impossible for anyone to not pay attention to it (this is why I like having a Codex review for it: speaking listless boredom to money) or because you are mad that it's still not System Shock and you would like to see a System Shock game.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Don't get me wrong bros, I believe you guys when you tell me this game is shit. But why does it have a user score of 90 on Metacritic?
Dude, I got my account banned for submitting my 4k review with the score of 1. These fuckers search and delete longer, better reviews with a lower score, leaving crappy ones, just to create an illusion of "haters gonna hate, read only good reviews, 10/10 ones!". In the meantime, a blatant advertising of 10/10 has a metacritic seal of approval:
The graphics are so mesmerizing, I almost forget to move on with the game play. The setting, the story, the way Elizabeth interacts with you--I am stunned and in awe--This game was fun without being frustrating in combat and challenges-- PERFECTION--PURE PERFECTION A eloquent way to say good-bye to this generation of consoles. Kudos

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom