Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
metacritic deletes some negative reviews. Had my deleted, 3000 characters :lol:

Angthoron

Arcane
I suppose that if Torment had weak writing, complete lack of player agency, zero exploration, NPCs spouting exposition and was in first person, it would indeed be rather like Infinishock.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nopes. I won't. I will say that those three pluses are enough reasons to play and enjoy a game. What remains of PS:T if it didn't have these qualities?

Derpy_Hooves_derp_derp_derp.gif

Koplin

Educated
Chris (the dude creating STASIS) did a mockup of BIOSHOCK Infinite as a 2D RPG...

STASIS-INFINITE-B.jpg

WOULD PLAY NOW.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Nopes. I won't. I will say that those three pluses are enough reasons to play and enjoy a game. watch a Let's Play on Youtube.

If the only good things about a game does not actually include gameplay, you might as well watch someone else play it.

retardation

Learned
Has anyone tried jumping on Elizabeth's head? It seems they implemented a system that forces the player off her head if you jump on it.
:lol:

I guess you can't persuade her to...

...give you head!

:yeah:

With what? There isn't even a persuasion minigame with romance options. In every other game you can jump on people's heads. In Bioshock Infinite it's like they deliberately spent time implementing a technology to slide the player off Elizabeth's head once he jumps on it. I tried doing that 20 times and Booker would just slide off Elizabeth's head like a snot.
Why did they do that?

Angthoron

Arcane
Maybe it's the other way around, other games include a head-jumping feature while these guys decided to cut corners.

xemous

Arcane
this was the worst fps i played. bioshock 1 and 2 and the expansion were brilliant games but infinite was boring

Last edited:

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
this was the fucking worst fps i played. i could have donated the money to charity . bioshock 1 and 2 and the expansion were brilliant games but infinite was a dumbed down boring stupid piece of pretentious shit. levine just lost his day 1 purchase status. blizzard is the only company BARELY hanging on and only by a thread.

it's all over for the AAA industry. they're all frauds, and indie developers are worse. no one thinks your platformer with a twist is clever u fuckign faggot. heres a typical indie title "the crazed missadventures of mr. giddeon glasglow and the amazing time machine AIAIAIAIAIA!!!" go fuck yourself
billion of brofists
:bro: :bro::bro::bro::bro:

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
this was the fucking worst fps i played. i could have donated the money to charity . bioshock 1 and 2 and the expansion were brilliant games but infinite was a dumbed down boring stupid piece of pretentious shit. levine just lost his day 1 purchase status. blizzard is the only company BARELY hanging on and only by a thread.

it's all over for the AAA industry. they're all frauds, and indie developers are worse. no one thinks your platformer with a twist is clever u fuckign faggot. heres a typical indie title "the crazed missadventures of mr. giddeon glasglow and the amazing time machine AIAIAIAIAIA!!!" go fuck yourself

:hero::bro:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Then you get Indie developers like TheIndieStone who insist they don't have to be professional because they're indie developers. Even though they take your money.

Borelli

Arcane
I tried watching once angry Joe's video and i stopped after 1 minute. Is that idiot or his opinion important since i see him popping up in various threads.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
His a top proof we live in the age of decline.

Raapys

Arcane
Did anyone play the game they ripped off from? I never got the chance to play it myself, but I wouldn't mind another Myst experience if it's decent.

tumblr_m6701blpKA1qjeisgo1_500.jpg

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Wow, so they literally stole that? Didn't even try to cover it up or something?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I tried watching once angry Joe's video and i stopped after 1 minute. Is that idiot or his opinion important since i see him popping up in various threads.

He tells the popamoles what they want to hear, so they love him.

Zeriel

Arcane
"It certainly looks impressive."

Just one step up from "This [is] a [movie]."

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I played it a long time ago when I was going through various horror-themed adventure games. It layered Myst like brain numbing obtuse puzzles on top of Monkey Island 2 style pocket dimension inventory puzzles; I did not get very far. The similarities are there, but it's not like any of the stuff was original even in that game: Baby being kidnapped is a typical plot device, the dimension hopping is of course from Myst, the lighthouse is a fixture of a lot of horror/suspense fiction. The mechanical bird guardian could have been inspired by the game (even then, a robot guardian for a child goes back to Robby the Robot in The Forbidden Planet, and the logical choice for the form the robot guardian would take in a city in the sky is a bird), but it's not like other games, and film and novels, aren't constantly ripping each other off.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Metacritic banned my account for submitting my Infinite review again :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom