Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It's funny to see how butthurt Gaudaost is because people don't like his new favorite game. It's the Diablo 3 thread all over again.

Oh, and btw, Bioshock Infinite isn't even worth pirating.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Because, mkay, pirating is bad, mkay

aris

Arcane
Don't get me wrong bros, I believe you guys when you tell me this game is shit. But why does it have a user score of 90 on Metacritic? I used to be able to use userscore (curved down of course in order to compensate for the decline in the general population), but when the score is this high I could be tricked in to buying the fucking game. Has MetaCritic been hijacked by the same industry shills who make up phony reviews on Hotel review sites?

Eh, dumb question. You spend tens of millions developing a game you know hiring a "PR Consulting Furn" is a no-brainer...
Dude, you should trust neither this site nor metacritic. Though it is funny, whenever a game gets universally bad critics on metacritic, then all the codexers go: Now this is the voice of the poeple! But when they don't, they ignore it they just go back to hipster mode again, or more likely, they go back to hipster mode because it is highly praised by the "masses".

I trust you have a brain, so that you can do your own independent research on this, we live in the age of youtube, where you can see as much of the story and the gameplay as you wish before you buy it.
It's funny to see how butthurt Gaudaost is because people don't like his new favorite game. It's the Diablo 3 thread all over again.

Oh, and btw, Bioshock Infinite isn't even worth pirating.
My new favorite game? Are you kidding me? I merely thought it was good for the money I shelled out on it. I just call bullshit when I see it, that's all. The people that write negatively about the game are way more emotional, like you just were in your last sentence there.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They probably delete 1's because they consider that a trolling attempt. Whether you like Infinite or not it isn't broken or completely without any entertainment value, which would be a 1. Rogue Warrior is a 1. That Stalin Vs. Aliens game was a 1.

Inb4 "it has absolutely no entertainment value for me."

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
You're a cunt. Your logics are 1.

Zeriel

Arcane
I have this thing (High Seas edition!) sitting on my desktop, but reading this thread makes me not want to ever click it.

Diablo169

Arcane
A little tweak and

iwlqmr.jpg

For fucks sake, I would play the shit outta that. :(

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
You masturbate with fecals that New Vegas, Skyrim, Oblivion and Infinite are, be happy people respond to you at all.

Cromwell

Arcane
They probably delete 1's because they consider that a trolling attempt. Whether you like Infinite or not it isn't broken or completely without any entertainment value, which would be a 1. Rogue Warrior is a 1. That Stalin Vs. Aliens game was a 1.

Inb4 "it has absolutely no entertainment value for me."

That is still bullshit. This would apply if profesional reviewers would give the game a one, and would also aply if they shower it with tens, you would have to assume either way is trolling not only one. For private reviews you cant automatically assume its a trolling attempt, If someone writes a lenghty review and gives it a one, you have to count in the fact that he is not a professional and therefore its ok if he gives a one if it has "no entertainment" value for him on top of all the other problems it has.

And if you have a shred of credibility you cant put up a user critic portion of your side and then start deleting, trolls are users to : (

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
It's a metaphore.
Just like lighthouses. Deep. You wouldn't probably understand.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So, did they explain why they went with the two weapons in holding this time instead of more?
Because developers did't have any interesting ideas for weapons, so they're all kinda same, some just use different skins. So you only need one to kill stuff, and a rocket launcher for bosses.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
ohWOW, Please then explain.

It's deep because it's a commentary on stuff, very human stuff, and quantum theory. Please notice a very deep social commentary on guns. I'm stunned and in awe. 10/10 please metacritic support my vote. 100 out of 101 users liked this review.

Don't get me wrong bros, I believe you guys when you tell me this game is shit. But why does it have a user score of 90 on Metacritic? I used to be able to use userscore (curved down of course in order to compensate for the decline in the general population), but when the score is this high I could be tricked in to buying the fucking game. Has MetaCritic been hijacked by the same industry shills who make up phony reviews on Hotel review sites?

Eh, dumb question. You spend tens of millions developing a game you know hiring a "PR Consulting Furn" is a no-brainer...
because of media brainwashing ("magazines say it's awesome, it must be awesome even if i don't get it"), because the already mentioned "battiato effect" ("i don't understand a thing what he's saying, he must be a genius"), because of post-purchase rationalization, because most of the people are dumbfucks (a lot of them are still truly convinced shitcity is an excellent city builder)...
pick your favourite.

Dexter

Arcane
This is pretty good, even if it's from a Doritos eater, might make gaudaost rage even more:

aris

Arcane
Watched it, absolutely agree with him, most if it anyway. Unlike most codexers, this one actually calmly argues his points in a logical manner, with actual examples. Unlike these teary emotional reviews, by codex hipsters desperate for the attention and approval of other codex hipsters.

Good stuff, hope irrational games are listening to this.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
I agree with a guy that says this game is mostly shit.

Game is great though!

pocahaunted

Arcane
Watched it, absolutely agree with him, most if it anyway. Unlike most codexers, this one actually calmly argues his points in a logical manner, with actual examples. Unlike these teary emotional reviews, by codex hipsters desperate for the attention and approval of other codex hipsters.

Good stuff, hope irrational games are listening to this.

You really do need to learn how to read.

Or just keep trolling, that works too.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
The guy in the video says in the beginning that he really likes this game, and then talks for 15 minutes how shit it is.

potatojohn

Arcane
He's not an idiot, but you can tell he's new to gaming and trying to fake experience like other vg journo trash.

pocahaunted

Arcane
The funniest part is that the guy's criticism (dead, lifeless world/tears used for ammo and hooks/dull delivery/contrived plot/terrible shooting mechanics/fast forward and inane revolution) is in line with what has been said in this thread. We just have a few more points of contention, but this gaudnost guy has the nerve to go "GUD REVIE, UNLIKE CODEX HIPSTAS". Has to be a troll.

aris

Arcane
You can't tell the difference between what he said, and what you said in your paranthesis there?
:hmmm:

Your world perspective is as black and white as your profile picture.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom