Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
What I mean is, there is that numerical balancing system, and if you really want to counter balance it, you pretty much have to slap 1's on reviews if you want the number to shift at least a little. Noone would pay attention to a well written "60" review, but a hundred of red stamps does get your attention. Sure, one can dismiss it as massive fan backlash or "butthurt", but at least it gives you a hint that something's not right.

I suppose I see the logic there.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Add an anti-republican, anti-christianism propaganda.
Ah, I was wondering why you were so butthurt and emotional about this game. The peaces are starting to fall into place.

Yeah well it gets annoying after a while when some liberal jew dick like Levin attempts to pass that shit off as entertainment. Bad enough we got that fat fuck Michael Moore jamming his shit down our throats and fucking with our movies. Now we gotta have another one fuck our video games?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah well it gets annoying after a while when some liberal jew dick like Levin attempts to pass that shit off as entertainment. Bad enough we got that fat fuck Michael Moore jamming his shit down our throats and fucking with our movies. Now we gotta have another one fuck our video games?

Play Bioshock 2 then, it parodies communism.

Though honestly you're being butthurt, everything has flaws to parody and the core message of the game is power corrupts, people are flawed.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I'd just as soon as prefer politics be kept out of my video games, thank you.
I see it everywhere else, I'd like at least one pure thing.
Rather than try to convey some sort of message about politics, make the game good. How's that?

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate

Yes the game would of course be much more fun if the enemies are space zombie Nazi demon alien Russian Muslims.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Ah, I was wondering why you were so butthurt and emotional about this game. The peaces are starting to fall into place.
I wouldn't go butthurt and emotional about this game, if this game itself wasn't butthurt and emotional about this issues as well. Also, fuck you go whore yourself in Auction House.

aris

Arcane
I wouldn't go butthurt and emotional about this game, if this game itself wasn't butthurt and emotional about this issues as well. Also, fuck you go whore yourself in Auction House.
Nownow ohWOW. Are you being a good christian now? What would Jesus do?

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I will bid you for 0,01€, but you need to swallow it.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron

Yes the game would of course be much more fun if the enemies are space zombie Nazi demon alien Russian Muslims.

Well, it would be much more accurate if they were blacks anyway. Fucking niggers.
My point is though that if they focused on things like, I dunno, gameplay, rather than socio-political commentary, the game might be good.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Eh, it seems like gaudaost isn't notorious enough on the Codex, given that y'all haven't learned to ignore his mediocre trolling attempts yet.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The funny thing is that the game was release on 26th of March, that is less than two weeks ago, but it's already out of the collective consciousness.

However, I just want to mention that they are still doing a massive misleading advertisement campaign in Germany. The trailer aired here is 90% fake. Content which doesn't exist in the game.

But unfortunately I cannot find the trailer on the internet. Is the one in which Elisabeth is almost hanged. Did anyone see it?

Diablo169

Arcane
The funny thing is that the game was release on 26th of March, that is less than two weeks ago, but it's already out of the collective consciousness.

However, I just want to mention that they are still doing a massive misleading advertisement campaign in Germany. The trailer aired here is 90% fake. Content which doesn't exist in the game.

But unfortunately I cannot find the trailer on the internet. Is the one in which Elisabeth is almost hanged. Did anyone see it?

That trailer was everywhere before the release, they all but blatently say ingame that anything seen in trailers but not ingame is due to the different realities.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This is worse than cut content. The campaign is still active in Germany, advertisements on TV and posters at gameshops.

This is simply false advertisement. And if Germany would be as awesome as they think they are, this shit with "different realities" would not stand in the court.

Dexter

Arcane

I had never seen it before, but apparently you mean this. If yes, then it's one of the most obviously Pre-Rendered Trailers I've ever seen. :P
They never said it's Gameplay and there are many other games that use Pre-Rendered stuff for commercial material.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I had never seen it before, but apparently you mean this. If yes, then it's one of the most obviously Pre-Rendered Trailers I've ever seen. :P
They never said it's Gameplay and there are many other games that use Pre-Rendered stuff for commercial material.

Yes, I think it's a slightly modified version of this. The problem is not that is Pre-Rendered, but that this stuff is not in the game. The dying horse is not as well, the tears with clouds, doors and other stuff.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Second biggest launch in the year behind Tomb Raider and sold only 9.000 more copies more than Bioshock 2 at launch. If Tomb Raider didin't sold as much as Square Enix wanted and even if the 200 million dollars Bioshock budget isn't accurate, still, Bioshock appear to be a more expensive game... Well, at least Levine could go to Kickstarter to make a real game instead of a B movie/on rails shooter.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Second biggest launch in the year behind Tomb Raider and sold only 9.000 more copies more than Bioshock 2 at launch. If Tomb Raider didin't sold as much as Square Enix wanted and even if the 200 million dollars Bioshock budget isn't accurate, still, Bioshock appear to be a more expensive game... Well, at least Levine could go to Kickstarter to make a real game instead of a B movie/on rails shooter.

I'm sure it will disappoint compared to what they wanted from it. They were stupid to want so much from it though, I don't care how good the original was or how hyped this one was.

You can see "not actual gameplay footage" for about 5s when he is looking through the scope at the beginning.

Lawyers man, fucking lawyers.

Cromwell

Arcane

You can see "not actual gameplay footage" for about 5s when he is looking through the scope at the beginning.

Lawyers man, fucking lawyers.

It won 85 awards before it was even released? I wasnt aware that there even were 85 awards to win

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom