Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware in chart

Deleted member 7219

Crap chart. BG should be right at the fucking bottom, BG2 should be at the low end of average, NWN and expansions should be good, Jade Empire good, Mass Effect great, Dragon Age: Origins good, Mass Effect 2 great. I have spoken.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
exmit cannot into BIOWHORE charts.

Crap chart. BG should be right at the fucking bottom, BG2 should be at the low end of average, NWN and expansions should be good, Jade Empire good, Mass Effect great, Dragon Age: Origins good, Mass Effect 2 great. I have spoken.
great, now you can shut up :thumbsup:

Angthoron

Arcane

Nice, I can get the delicious experience of Bio forums without stepping out from the 'dex these days it seems.

Chart should be more detailed with each expansion and DLC evaluated separately.

Deleted member 7219

hoverdog said:
exmit cannot into BIOWHORE charts.

What the fuck has happened to the Codex these days? Type English.

Angthoron said:

Nice, I can get the delicious experience of Bio forums without stepping out from the 'dex these days it seems.

Chart should be more detailed with each expansion and DLC evaluated separately.

DLC would ruin scale if we had to include the utter mega crappy shit -1000 level.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
herostratus said:
Throne of baal was better than BG2?!?!?!?!!

That piece of shit was not only the archetype for the later "go kill four stuffies" design, but it was banal, shit, boring, overpowered, and had shit story and dialogue. It felt like a rush job, to milk some more money out of BG2.

TC is a fucking moran.

chzr

Scholar
ITT: codexers compare bioware games using a chart...

... and fail :M

Konjad said:

Posted it on Bio forums, let's see how do they react :smug:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/6338566

I agree that BG2 should be equal or marginally greater than BG1 and considerably above ToB

Either way, chart is dull/expected as it. It would be potentially interesting if someone superimposed a map of management change (would need to be pre-EA obviously) or writing personal, artistic vision or that sourt of thing. Otherwise it's just the well-known 'Bioware decline'. Fair enough, but no-one on this forum will be shocked. A cross-reference with additional info might be authentically informativel

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy fuck, guys, you're even funnier than Biotards. Seriously :lol:

Keep going though, please, continue.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What someone needs to do now is to post a link to this exact thread back in the Bioware topic.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Matt7895 said:

You should get checked out by your doctor because you seem to have suffered a head injury. I have no other explanation for someone saying that Jade Empire, Mass Effect or, :shivers in terror: Mass Effect 2 are anything but obnoxious pieces of s*** created by utter cretinssellouts that weren't that good at the whole RPG development thing to start with and who dropped all pretenses of even trying ever since Jade Empire.

Gosling

Liturgist
Where does the love for KOTOR come from? Why is it praised so frequently as above average to good here? (Not by everyone but still by quite a lot of people)
Shit story, shit characters, shit gameplay, shit gamedesign, shit setting (for non SW-fags).

Was it the first rpg you played? Is it some kind of Skyway charisma effect? Somebody please explain.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
L0L You just trolled the Codex by pretending to troll the BIo forums. Well done, sir, well done.

That said, as usual, you are wrong.

P.S. KOTOR is BIO's worst game by far.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's funny how codexers with dragons as their avatars (and who joined in 2010/2011) edited their posts on the first page after I wrote my previous post :lol:

You never stop to amaze me.

curry

Arcane
Konjad said:
It's funny how codexers with dragons as their avatars (and who joined in 2010/2011) edited their posts on the first page after I wrote my previous post :lol:

Most certainly did not. :x

Konjad

Patron
curry said:
Konjad said:

Most certainly did not. :x

My bad, your pics didn't load for me :oops:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Baldur's Gate 1&2.
NWN+exps+ mods.

ME 2

Kotor

ME 1

DA:O

JE

DA 2

:obviously:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Kz3r0 said:
Baldur's Gate 1&2.
NWN+exps+ mods.

ME 2

Kotor

ME 1

DA:O

JE

DA 2

:obviously:

We have a winner!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom