Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News BioWare is still alive

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
IIRC WotC/Hasbro is still figuring out (and negotiating) with the current shitty AAA Publisher to do new video games with.

Yeah, I'm really excited.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Electronic Farts

EA are like vampires. They take studios that are full of life, attract them with promises of lotsa cash, then drain every single drop of that life out of them until they're just a husk.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
What I really don't get is why they don't go and use old IP's with established fandom already?

I am surprised by this also, for a long time now Im expecting a new third person tactical shooter with four player co-op and immersive storytelling called Baldurs Gate 3.
EA probably can't get the D&D license. It either costs too much or WotC is too busy trying to make D&D online be good.

:lol:

What are you, 8? EA could afford to buy all pnp licenses in the world simultaneously if they wanted. Heck, they could purchase WOTC from Hasbro, along with the D&D license permanently if they wanted. Doubt they could buy Hasbro itself though...

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Possibly they could, if they could actually free up that much capital without taking out any more loans.
The question is why would they?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom