Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News BioWare opens shop

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
No. You got what you paid for. Deal with it.
No, you dense lump, I paid for what I was promised and didn't get. You deal with it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
You got what you were promised, dumbass. You were not promised WW so, no, you should not get. Your opinion of the quality of what you got is irrelevant. You lose as per usual.

Jed

Cipher
Everything that was promised? I was promised Witch's Wake. Then it got cancelled. And since you're in such a shitty mood, fuck you you fuckin' fuck.
[url=http://nwn.bioware.com/archive/nwwed_2002.html:2kj7ffez]Neverwinter Wednesday 08/27/02[/url] said:
Upcoming Roleplaying Module Series
The Live Team has started developing a new multi-module story arc called "The Witchwork Series." Free downloadable adventures will be released one at a time through this official community site (dates to be determined). The first module, "Witchwork 1: The Fields of Battle," will be targeted towards first-level adventurers. Stay tuned for further updates as development on the series progresses! Discuss.
Here's an interesting response to the "premium" modules. Another person disatisfied with NWN, huh. Go figure. Not even to mention Mac users. All in one box simulateous release? Just another one of the many broken NWN promises. So suck it up, Volourn. Now, as usual, you are wrong.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"And since you're in such a shitty mood, fuck you you fuckin' fuck."

Huh? I'm in a great mood.

Your little link is NOT a promise. Nice try. there is no solemn oath taken; ther eis no pinky swear there is we will do this or esle. No promise was broken. You lose.

"Here's an interesting response to the "premium" modules. Another person disatisfied with NWN, huh. Go figure. Not even to mention Mac users. All in one box simulateous release? Just another one of the many broken NWN promises. So suck it up, Volourn. Now, as usual, you are wrong."

Big friggin' woop. He's a crybaby. Plain,a nd simple. i've chosen not to buy the mods either. BIo owes us nothing. Nothing at all. Of cours,e you show a link that shows negativiety towards the Premium moduels; why not share the link to all the positivity? Oh yeah, you won't 'cause you somehow think the 1% that consist of whiners proves some lame point.

R00fles!

Jed

Cipher
Jeezus Christ. Do you ever think? Even a little? Or are you just a glacier moving unwaveringly down the course chosen for you?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Since when dow orshippers not buy what their diety sells or their games 75% or say the combat is too easy or the inventory is horrid?

R00fles!

Jed

Cipher
Spazmo wins!
Volourn said:
Since when dow orshippers not buy what their diety sells or their games 75% or say the combat is too easy or the inventory is horrid?!
Anyone just notice that Volourn confessed to being a Drow worshipper? No wonder s/he loves BioWare so much...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No, no he doesn't. But, he *does* win more than you that's for sure.

Avin

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Bottom line, don't talk about soemthing you obviously know nothing about. What tool you are.

no, not at all, i just missed that X is a bioweenie too.

Sarvis

Erudite
DrattedTin said:
POD said:
With dozens of user-made modules for NWN, some of them lasting 20 hours or more, do they really expect people to plunk down 8 bucks for a module that lasts 4-8 hours? Unreal.

Er, which? The only user-made module that lasts 20+ hours that I can think of are PW's, and that's merely a result of being no more than blank map after map of monsters.

<a href="http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1087866352000.shtml">Tortured Hearts</a> is quite long and non-linear. It was an OK module by my standards, but it's non-linear and I'm not a huge fan of that so you guys might like it better.

<a href="http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1045937374187.shtml">Twilight</a> is supposed to be 15-20 hours. I don't remember exactly how long it was, but it did take a few days to get through. Quite linear if I remember correctly, but also one of my favorite modules.

<a href="http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1041476205410.shtml">The Nature of a Man</a> (Beerfish's module) is around 15 hours, but pretty linear and combat heavy. I had fun with it, and it does have an interesting story plus you can view "memories" of past events using a special item to get more backstory. Can't view all of them though...

<a href="http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1032863739426.shtml">Grail War - The Beginning</a> is also pretty long, and was a module of which I have fond memories.

Also An Ancient Heart was like 15-20 hours or something, but don't feel like getting the url for it... heh.

But yeah, plenty of 20+ hour modules out there...

<b>xJEDx</b>

Come off it. Bioware said they'd do something because they thought they could, then they found out how unfeasible it was. I'm sure you _think_ it's a great business model to pay your programmers and designers to work while what they produce brings no revenue, but this is not a business model most people would follow.

This doesn't make Bioware evil, it just means they made a mistake. The worst you could accuse them of for this is being impetuous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom