Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware: This is your time.

Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
CDPR has more or less had the most RPG credibility, and you've been rocked with controversial launches.

Now, CDPR has shit the bed in such a manner that they more or less committed suicide.

BIOWARE: YOU CAN REGAIN IT. Follow these steps:

1. Release the Mass Effect Remastered Trilogy in good order with no issues.
2. Release Dragon Age IV in good order with no major issues.
3. Release ME5 in good order with no major issues.
4. Fix Anthem.

You do this, and you'll be buying the Cyberpunk2077 license for pennies at CDPR's bankrupty auction in less than five years.

DO NOT FUCK UP

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
CDPR has more or less had the most RPG credibility, and you've been rocked with controversial launches.

Now, CDPR has shit the bed in such a manner that they more or less committed suicide.

You do this, and you'll be buying the Cyberpunk2077 license for pennies at CDPR's bankrupty auction in less than five years.

DO NOT FUCK UP
By the time Bioware goes through these points, CDPR has long fixed CP2077, released the Enhanced Edition and major DLCs and everybody forgot their shitty launch.

4. Fix Anthem.
Yeah, by the time Bioware manages this, CDPR released Cyberpunk 3077, each episode selling 10s of millions of copies.

Aarwolf

Learned

As they did in 2015 with buggy as hell launch of Witcher 3 or in 2011 with even buggier launch of Witcher 2. And they're still alive, selling CP2077 like hot cakes.

Bioware is in no position to threaten CDPR and I don't think they are capable of delivering something above mediocre, just like Obsidian these days. Hell, it's a company unable to make a game that isn't divisive (to say the least) since Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2, it's a whole decade now. And CDPR will do what they always do - fix their new game, release enhanced edition, few DLCs (most of them free of charge) and noone will remember CP's launch.

eli

Learned

1. die

DO NOT FUCK UP

eli

Learned
what?, who is the mentally retarded that thinks any CDPR game is a good RPG?, incredible video games for sure but every one of them is in a Bethesda level of RPG ness. anyone with good tastes in RPGs knows the only ones being worth playing right now are either old ones or from Kickstarter.

Hot Coldman

Educated

4. Fix Anthem.

DO NOT FUCK UP

HAH! This guy actually wants Mass Effect 5 and Dragon age 4. Enjoy your focus group'ed, mass-marketed, corporate, needs-90-IQ-to-win soulless AAA crap...?

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
CDPR will fix CP2077 and still come out of this as a good guy company. Gamers are very gullible.

Bethesda at this point is little more than just a brand EA slaps on their “RPGs”. And btw, if their next game flops as hard as Andromeda and Anthem, EA will put then in a jar next to Maxis, Westwood and Origin.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The best thing Bioware can do right now is to get EA to stop naming random studios Bioware X, and to get EA to assume fault for Anthem and free themselves from it. Yes, I know its theirs, lets just pretend it isn't. We pretended Andromeda is Bioware, now its time to pretend Anthem is EA, and let Bioware do some soul seeking.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Is the only AAA company that's left making AAA-quality RPGs FromSoftware now? Does Larian qualify?
Larian is absolutely AAA. I don't believe I'd group From Software as one though, their games are still made by teams of fewer than 100 people.

Larian is absolutely AAA. I don't believe I'd group From Software as one though, their games are still made by teams of fewer than 100 people.
100 people is plenty for AAA if a company is slimmed down to the bare essentials (i.e. those are the 100 people who actually do the work). You can't look at BioWare and CDPR as examples of competitive companies. Those companies are in a death spiral due to HR bloat.

Dycedarg

Learned
Bioware's biggest problem isn't the bugs or bad performance, it's that their latest games simply aren't very interesting. I haven't played CP2077 but the Kodex Kritical Konsensus seems to be that the game, while buggy and unfinished, does have some qualities.

Bioware should be dumped in the same massengrab as the other studios executed by EA. It's time.

I used to think that way. But watching the slow motion trainwreck that have been the latest Bioware games have been immensely fun. If EA wants to spend hundreds of millions to pretend that the rotting Bioware carcass is still alive and kicking, they are welcome to it.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

4. Fix Anthem.

DO NOT FUCK UP

Hey, a checklist of things that are:

1. Unlikely

2. Very unlikely.

3. Almost impossible.

4. Not even remotely possible even with the hand of god.

But it's good to be optomistic.

DraQ

Arcane
Bioware's biggest problem isn't the bugs or bad performance, it's that their latest games simply aren't very interesting.
I don't think any of their games are very interesting. AFAIK the only one that poked some way above mediocrity was BG2.

And, amusingly enough, the only major RPG company that hasn't been afflicted by the deadly abstractfaggotry disease is Bethpizda.
I guess one could hope for Larian curing itself of it, as it could bring beautiful fruits combined with some of their gameplay concepts, but it doesn't seem bloody likely.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Bioware's biggest problem isn't the bugs or bad performance, it's that their latest games simply aren't very interesting.
I don't think any of their games are very interesting. AFAIK the only one that poked some way above mediocrity was BG2.

And, amusingly enough, the only major RPG company that hasn't been afflicted by the deadly abstractfaggotry disease is Bethpizda.
I guess one could hope for Larian curing itself of it, as it could bring beautiful fruits combined with some of their gameplay concepts, but it doesn't seem bloody likely.

I think it's the sad state of things where, for example, Mass Effect isn't a very interesting space opera game, but it's probably the best we have because nobody else bothers to do anything competent in that genre.

Yosharian

Arcane
That ain't Bioware, that's the corpse of what used to be Bioware, reanimated and kept alive by EA's fat wallet.

This is like taking the steaming turd I shat out this morning and proclaiming that, with a bit of wizardry in the kitchen, it can be served up as filet mignon.

There's fabulously optimistic and then there's this.

GrainWetski

Arcane
BioWere are watching on in awe as CDPR is just following in BioWere's footsteps.

HAH! This guy actually wants Mass Effect 5 and Dragon age 4. Enjoy your focus group'ed, mass-marketed, corporate, needs-90-IQ-to-win soulless AAA crap...?
So... Cyberpunk?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom