Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware's no-homosexuality rule in RPGs

1eyedking

Erudite
I wouldn't play a gay game.

Fags could choose not to play a hetero game too, if they don't like straight stuff.

But whatever, fags will be fags.

CorpseZeb

Learned
1eyedking said:
But whatever, fags will be fags.

Yeah... not much we need to proper define an infinite universe of human being, aren't we...? One word... and done. Well done, sir.

Ps. … not sex define us, we define our sex …

Ps2. This is offtopic.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
CorpseZeb said:

You're right. Let's take a hammer for example. I can hammer a nail with a hammer OR I could bash your head with it. Just like penis. Sometimes it can gets wet, sometimes it can get shit all over it.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Havoc said:
CorpseZeb said:

You're right. Let's take a hammer for example. I can hammer a nail with a hammer OR I could bash your head with it. (cut)

Now, would you kindly find a hammer and be my guest?

1eyedking said:
2011 faggots are full of gay.

Yeah, it's a our privilege, sir, privilege of 2011 faggots, sir, to be full of gay and lesbian and... erm... something else but equally horrible. Ok, I'm shut up now, back to my cold castle of faggotmoor ;) Because it is really off topic now.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Are there actually any homosexuals in BioWare games? I know you can have gay sex, but all the characters I can think of swing both ways. Is there an actual homosexual character who rejects the advances of the opposite sex?

That furry lesbo is the only one I can think of. Meanwhile Bioware gets praised for adding homosexual romances to their games when in most cases all they do is ignore the player character's gender.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
BioWare has never had a gay male NPC in any of their games to date (IIRC). This is however a good thing.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Can anyone name one Gay Male character in a BioWare game?

That's right, there are not any. Again this is a good thing.

Bi-sexual is not gay. Just FYI.

KalosKagathos said:
Sky in Jade Empire was bi.
Dicksmoker said:
No there was that elf faggot in Dragon Age.

Bi=Gay/homosexual now?

Almost the entire male cast of Dragon Age 2 swung both ways how can you even think someone's talking about lack of male on male action in Bio games?

Jaesun said:
That's right, there are not any. Again this is a good thing.

Howso? If there were at least all the media praise they get for the same sex romances would be less hypocritical.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Fucking Anders in Dragon Age 2 is gay if your character is male. If your PC is female, then he's hetero. ROMANCE = UNAVOIDABLE!!

CorpseZeb

Learned
* sigh *

Are we free or not...? Are we define our freedom or not...?

* sigh *

DA/DA2 are boring games no matter of amount “gayness” and they are boring not because of “gayness”. If all heroes of DA will be “proper” hetero-christian-white-blonde-blue eyed, suddenly we will be seen a big difference in a quality of game? Don't think so.

Ps1. It is not a matter of taste or “political correctness”, if we believe in freedom of human beings, freedom to auto-creation/auto-describe of every single person in democratic society – we must accept Difference and fuck Unity. If games are about art and free speech – like books – then well... welcome to world of Difference.

Ps2. Simpy put - I mean, “gay” or “gay-less”, “romance” or “romance-less”, “wild vaginal sex with big green dildo” or “wild vaginal sex with big green dildo – less” should not be factor of evaluate game value, because - “gay” or “gay-less”, “romance” or “romance-less”, “wild vaginal sex with big green dildo” or “wild vaginal sex with big green dildo – less” - are not Only Important Factor to evaluate a good story or a good movie.

Ps3.

FatCat said:
90% of homosexuals are BI , but they just prefer one gender over other.

Yeah, So... just reeducate them in proper camps and viola... Nazi BS...

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
KalosKagathos said:
Sky in Jade Empire was bi.
He was more "bicurious" I think. He's pretty hetero (his entire motivation is that one of the bad guys killed his wife) but if you make advances on him he can be convinced to try the other side. It's not that badly done actually, especially when every other romance is so cringe-inducing.

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:
Howso? If there were at least all the media praise they get for the same sex romances would be less hypocritical.
Well Jaesun's gay, and considering Bio's track record, if they make a gay romance it will most probably be horribly painful to watch (by virtue of being a Biomance). So from his point of view, not having one at all is a good thing.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
Sceptic said:
Well Jaesun's gay, and considering Bio's track record, if they make a gay romance it will most probably be horribly painful to watch (by virtue of being a Biomance). So from his point of view, not having one at all is a good thing.

This.

The Dragon Age series is fucking shit anyways, they can keep adding all the faggot romance stuff all they want. I'll still never play it.

MasPingon

Arcane
Damn faggots. leave crpgs alone. I don't want to play a game with protagonist being a potencial fag, with male party members only waiting for a sign to hammer my ass. This is hererosexual world, accept it or gtfo, there is no "=" between you hobos and me. You already got a tolerance from society, but you want to be accepted, shit, even praised for your deviation. Make your own faggy dev team to create faggy romance games

CrunchyHemorrhoids said:

This I like :bRochefist:

CorpseZeb

Learned
MasPingon said:
This is hererosexual world, accept it or gtfo, there is no "=" between you hobos and me. You already got a tolerance from society, but you want to be accepted, shit, even praised for your deviation. Make your own faggy dev team to create faggy romance games

No. It's not about being accepted nor praised. Because on "individual" level no one is/can be forced to accepted others. You can call “different” people whatever you like – it's ok – you don't like certain type of people – no problem – it's your call, your universe but please, please, please do not validate your claims by “big” universal, patriarchal words or statements like “all word is ...”, "this word is ...", No. It's only you. World is for everyone, for "=". On "world" level you must accept others, because no other way exist.

Ps. But... we are taking here for real...? It is so surreal... taking about basic form of freedom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom