Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware's no-homosexuality rule in RPGs

Esquilax

Arcane
Dude, it's the Codex, get used to it. His opinion is retarded, but why waste your breath? You think this is bad, MasPingnon will look like a rare and enlightene genius compared to the stuff you read in General Discussionb.

Oh, and BioWare romances can fuck off and die, gay or straight. It almost always involves some creepy, co-dependent head shrink bullshit that is a little bit disturbing and I would want no part of.

MasPingon

Arcane
CorpseZeb said:
MasPingon said:
This is hererosexual world, accept it or gtfo, there is no "=" between you hobos and me. You already got a tolerance from society, but you want to be accepted, shit, even praised for your deviation. Make your own faggy dev team to create faggy romance games

No. It's not about being accepted nor praised. Because on "individual" level no one is/can be forced to accepted others. You can call “different” people whatever you like – it's ok – you don't like certain type of people – no problem – it's your call, your universe but please, please, please do not validate your claims by “big” universal, patriarchal words or statements like “all word is ...”, "this word is ...", No. It's only you. World is for everyone, for "=". On "world" level you must accept others, because no other way exist.

Ps. But... we are taking here for real...? It is so surreal... taking about basic form of freedom.

Omfg, I wish I could unread that, that's a massive naive bullshit. Freedom is a buzzword, you living in a dream world. This "world is for everyone" sentense is fairly new liberalian bullshit. If you think everyone is equal I suggest you to read some of Edward Lorenz works( some, you know, retarded opinions on the subject). Damn newfags

MidgetGrant

Novice
Bioware just fails on so many levels.
They choose to incorporate these shitty dating sim elements, and don't even bother to make them diverse or deep in any way.

Tell you what Bioware. Either have some diversity and options, or just don't fucking incorporate your shitty romancing elements at all.

CorpseZeb

Learned
MasPingon said:
Omfg, I wish I could unread that, that's a massive naive bullshit. Freedom is a buzzword, you living in a dream world. This "world is for everyone" sentense is fairly new liberalian bullshit. If you think everyone is equal I suggest you to read some of Edward Lorenz works( some, you know, retarded opinions on the subject). Damn newfags

Yeah, I'm very naive and I'm a firm believer in equality of people, freedom of ideas, creativity of art. Maybe not now, not here, but someday... Eh... But OK, maybe this is not a place for philosophical debate (nor for my “english” language skill, that one for sure). So... erm... yeah... fuck Bioware, fuck DA, fuck romance, fuck BG2, fuck Miranda ass...

Ps. Still... I don't know Lorenz works (yet, anyway), but Richard Rorty works (his theory of modern pragmatism) are very close to my way of thinking.

Ps2. Ok... shut up... shut up... fuck Miranda ass... fuck Miranda ass...

Visbhume

Prophet
MasPingon said:
Damn faggots. leave crpgs alone. I don't want to play a game with protagonist being a potencial fag, with male party members only waiting for a sign to hammer my ass.

Given that you enjoy games in which the enemies want to penetrate your body with their iron, is that much of a strech (ahem) to play games in which friends want to penetrate your ass with their penises?

I'm all for non-penetrative gameplay, but let's be consistent here.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Gays are genetically defective and/or perverts, such minorities should not be endorsed.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
CorpseZeb said:
World is for everyone, for "=". On "world" level you must accept others, because no other way exist.

Ps. But... we are taking here for real...? It is so surreal... taking about basic form of freedom.
I don't "have to" anything. And most definitely, I don't have to accept deviants.

Ps. Freedom is apearently only for the right people. On everyone else, I would be wasted.

CorpseZeb

Learned
Yes, you “have to”. Because... today “they” but tomorrow maybe "you" will be declared as “waste”. Forgotten history very likes to repeat.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
CorpseZeb said:
Yes, you “have to”. Because... today “they” but tomorrow “you” maybe be declared as “waste”. Forgotten history very likes to repeat.
And what is has to do with anything. You mean, I "have to" accept other people perversions, so they'll accept mine? Is it supposed to be the foundation of freedom?

Ps. I am a waste. I know it for years. So what?

CorpseZeb

Learned
It's not on a personal level thus double quote - “have to”. It has nothing to do with personal likes and acceptation of others. Call them perverts if you like, but keep in the mind that our society is based on our act of free will, free will to see all people equal regardless our personal feeling, because no other way exist. We can't change others, others can't change us. We are equal, we are equally self-aware. We must coexist, we “have to”.

Declaring some group of people as “waste” or “enemy” is always double sided sword, because in spite of lack of “waste”, “waste” must be find...

Ps. In case of some “waste” based depression, good pint of good porter is always recommended.

Ps2. Fuck, taking about a pint of porter... after a while... now... I will be really pompous...

We have our western arbitrary law, our law we can change, our law – not God law, not Tribal law, not Elder law – not those unchangeable sets written in stones covered with blood of infidel – we as society are masters of ourselves – free of gods, priests, religion, birth mark destinations – and all we talk about is... where goes other people “naughty parts” to...

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
In my opinion, if someone who is gay is playing an RPG and they are railroaded into RPing only heterosexual behaviors when the game has romantic elements, it's exclusionary. What if a heterosexual gamer was railroaded into homosexual romances by the design of some RPG? Same difference.

Yes, its sad that not every sexual deviant is allowed to be played in video games.

But why limit to games? There should be gay romance in every book and every movie too.

And why limit to just gays? Their should be hardcore BDSM orgies in every books and films, since not showing them would be offend rights of people who like BDSM.

p.s.
I like your logic. If someone is showing normal behaviour, that means to make things "equal and fair" in same media (book, game, film etc) there should be dozens of abnormalies.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Oh my gawd, the horror of gay romances was initiated on the Codex by a tranny?
:eek:

Alex_Steel

Arcane
Patron
Yes, its sad that not every sexual deviant is allowed to be played in video games.

But why limit to games? There should be gay romance in every book and every movie too.

And why limit to just gays? Their should be hardcore BDSM orgies in every books and films, since not showing them would be offend rights of people who like BDSM.

p.s.
I like your logic. If someone is showing normal behaviour, that means to make things "equal and fair" in same media (book, game, film etc) there should be dozens of abnormalies.
You are replying in a 7-8 year old thread, to a user that hasn't posted since 'Oct 4, 2010'.

Do you realize the severity of your situation?

mck

Cipher
i'll be honest, i really did not care for brokeback mountain

Renegen

Arcane

p.s.
You are replying in a 7-8 year old thread, to a user that hasn't posted since 'Oct 4, 2010'.

Do you realize the severity of your situation?
Whisper is kind of a troll...

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Oh my gawd, the horror of gay romances was initiated on the Codex by a tranny?
:eek:

what_a_twist.jpg

Kaol

Educated
I find the thread title and date rather funny, i guess the OP must be very happy with the current crop of Bioware "RPG's"

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I'm not homophobic or anything[1], but I'll tell you what, if Dragonbait had tried to have sex with my Paladin in Curse of the Azure Bonds, I'd have kicked him the fuck out of my party.

[1]
yes i am

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom