Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioware's no-homosexuality rule in RPGs

Kitako

Arcane
I'm a really fat person. I hate that games never allow me to play a fat character. Last one was NWN in 2002.
Fuck you game industry, you're all just jealous about my round godness.

thesoup

Arcane
Basically, she never plays herself because she defines herself only by her eye poisoning figure. Seems legit.
Also, comments.:retarded:

Kitako

Arcane
I'm a really fat person. I hate that games never allow me to play a fat character. Last one was NWN in 2002.
Fuck you game industry, you're all just jealous about my round godness.

http://borderhouseblog.com/?p=7552

:smug:
This article made me wish, for the first time ever, to lose weight.

Also:

About the Author
Cuppycake has written 131 articles on Border House.
Lead Editor of The Border House, Mid 20's, feminist, gamer, lover of social media, technology, and virtual worlds. Pansexual, equestrian, dog lover, wine and food aficionado, social game developer and producer.
I'll admit, I had to google "pansexual". Fancy word to define someone who would fuck anything that breaths (and maybe that's even a requisite).

Papa Môlé

Arcane
So much endless whining from faggots about being discriminated against and yet I still can't find a decent left-handed pair of scissors at a hardware store let alone a video game where you can choose your character's chirality. In fact, I cannot think of single shooter for example where I can change the hand my character fires from, and thus which side of the screen he is oriented to. You are lucky if most games even let you reconfigure the controls at that. I remember in fucking Skyrim Bethestard locked you out from using the Numpad thus I had to create an auto-hotkey script to play the fucker (p.s. not worth the effort).

About 10% of people are left-handed, something central to how you interact with objects in the world, and even more use their left hand for certain tasks even if not entirely of the sinistral persuasion. Meanwhile, if you want to be generous, maybe 6 or 7% are gay (but probably more like 2-3%) and they complain near hysterically if they are not indulged in every form of media. Even if this is some grievous injustice, contrary to what most queer activists seem to want us to believe, there is a *very large* subculture of homo media whereas no such thing exists for left-handers. You're also going to be stuck getting a higher cost or inferior product if you're doing something left-handed and will be locked out of using that hand for many things completely. Even my fucking gaming mouse and joystick are "ambidextrous" (bullshit compromise) because there aren't any decent left-handed ones unless you want to pay out the ass and custom order, if you're lucky enough for that to even be available.

You'd think with how central tool use is to our simian minds this would be a larger thing, but apparently genitals slapping against each other and which sort they are is an even larger concern for our ape brains given how much attention this comparatively gets.

Suchy

Arcane
I'm not left-handed, but I feel you bro, I was wondering the same thing some time ago. The thing is, you're just not colorful enough to compete with 'em faggots, you don't do parades where you pound each other anuses.
That said, I fap with left hand.

deuxhero

Arcane
let alone a video game where you can choose your character's chirality.

b8o2vr.png

Problem?

Renegen

Arcane
Counter Strike allows you to change your firing hand. Little known fact, it uses to be left handed only for the longest time so if you want to be leet just put it on the left it shows you are old school.

Norfleet

I remember in fucking Skyrim Bethestard locked you out from using the Numpad thus I had to create an auto-hotkey script to play the fucker (p.s. not worth the effort).
What, really? What a pain in the ass. I've always done my character-driving from the numpad and shooting with the left-mouse, same as driving a car. It just seems more natural that way, coming from a country where we drive on the left. Doing it any other way means you get bulletholes through your windshield.

You're also going to be stuck getting a higher cost or inferior product if you're doing something left-handed and will be locked out of using that hand for many things completely. Even my fucking gaming mouse and joystick are "ambidextrous" (bullshit compromise) because there aren't any decent left-handed ones unless you want to pay out the ass and custom order, if you're lucky enough for that to even be available.
What defines a "left-handed" mouse, other than inverting the left and right buttons? There's an ambidexterous mouse where I don't have to open the thing up and invert the buttons by reconnecting the wires? My meeces, aside from the fact that the left-mouse has to be modified to invert the buttons, is symmetrical, so what makes the mouse left-handed? Fire select on the right instead? Most store-bought meeces don't even have fire-select...

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Gaming mice usually have two extra buttons on them, on the side. Normally, these two will be grouped together where your thumb would be. An ambidextrous one though has one on the thumb side and one on the pinky side which is much less convenient (unless it has two on each side like a few do, mine doesn't). Also, the better ones usually have a claw shape because that is better for gripping when gaming but you obviously can't twist the mouse in two directions so the ambidextrous one is just straight like normal.

Norfleet

That sounds complicated. Mine are just like regular meeces, with the two buttons and scrolly wheel, and a fire select switch I installed on the thumb side so I can switch it between semi, 3-round, and full-auto. The left mouse has the buttons inverted so the same fingers operate the same functionalities. Yes, I have two meeces on the same computer. Apparently this is strange.

Norfleet

Being a lefty may be awfully inconvenient at times, but it's a lot less perplexing. It took me years to really grok the idea that people actually had a favored side, being that I am naturally ambidexterous and lack this orientation. To this day, non-symmetrical things bug me deeply.

DraQ

Arcane
So much endless whining from faggots about being discriminated against and yet I still can't find a decent left-handed pair of scissors at a hardware store
Fucking this.

let alone a video game where you can choose your character's chirality.
Actually some FPS games do - Unreal and UT series in particular.

I remember in fucking Skyrim Bethestard locked you out from using the Numpad thus I had to create an auto-hotkey script to play the fucker (p.s. not worth the effort).
Why not just use cursor keys for movement?

About 10% of people are left-handed, something central to how you interact with objects in the world, and even more use their left hand for certain tasks even if not entirely of the sinistral persuasion. Meanwhile, if you want to be generous, maybe 6 or 7% are gay (but probably more like 2-3%) and they complain near hysterically if they are not indulged in every form of media. Even if this is some grievous injustice, contrary to what most queer activists seem to want us to believe, there is a *very large* subculture of homo media whereas no such thing exists for left-handers. You're also going to be stuck getting a higher cost or inferior product if you're doing something left-handed and will be locked out of using that hand for many things completely. Even my fucking gaming mouse and joystick are "ambidextrous" (bullshit compromise) because there aren't any decent left-handed ones unless you want to pay out the ass and custom order, if you're lucky enough for that to even be available.

You'd think with how central tool use is to our simian minds this would be a larger thing, but apparently genitals slapping against each other and which sort they are is an even larger concern for our ape brains given how much attention this comparatively gets.
:bro:

Actually, I remember using a highly profiled right-hand A4 mouse (back when mice had balls instead of fancy optics) with 4 buttons and 2 wheels and oddly enough it was comfortable, though I imagine an outside observer would wince when looking at me holding it.

Still I'd consider it an accidental feature, more than anything else.

BTW: I would totally love if games allowed you to play abnormally fat or thin characters and adjusted your stats accordingly - butthurt would be glorious.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Haha, I still remember the butthurt from feminazis and fagknights when Arcanum was released and wimmin got a -2 to STR. :lol:

Ofcourse, the net was young then. Geocites was all the rage. Yahoo was still competing with Jewgle. Blogging and tweeting and hate pages on fagbuk had yet to be discovered, so the butthurt appeared mild and no one really gave a shit.

A game with stat adjustments like that today in the glorious age of elven buttsecks would be suicide for any company in the west.

Hmmm, maybe Cleve should try it for Grimoire...it could rebackfire and actually increase his sales, given his target audience.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Papa Mole, you are forgetting something essential. The Left Hand is inherently predatorial: It is the side of destruction and corruption. By it's very nature as an antinomian force it would violate it's own purpose by being loved and embraced by many. Which society, then, would their followers twist and corrupt? Which society would they defy, exploit, and learn about the path by oposing to? Which morality and ideology would they become liberated from? To provide an option for the Left Hand path, in a debased form, as part of some mere video game fit for the consumption of the deplorable Right Handed masses, would go against its very meaning.

Will this thread ever die?

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
So much endless whining from faggots about being discriminated against and yet I still can't find a decent left-handed pair of scissors at a hardware store let alone
Left-handed scissors? Do you live in one of these countries where they have these shitty loose scissors that work only if you use them with the hand that they were specifically made for? I remember having problems with these when I was a kid. Now (since over a decade) we have nice scissors that are so tight that it doesn't matter what hand you use. Here you can buy generic scissors and use them with your left hand without a problem.

As for the mouse. I use my right hand for the mouse anyway. What's the difference, it's not like it's a tablet or something like that. I have to use both hands when using computer anyway.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
About 10% of people are left-handed, something central to how you interact with objects in the world, and even more use their left hand for certain tasks even if not entirely of the sinistral persuasion. Meanwhile, if you want to be generous, maybe 6 or 7% are gay (but probably more like 2-3%) and they complain near hysterically if they are not indulged in every form of media.

What's even worse, the scariest part is not about video games - after all, fuck them, you can survive without them. It's about left-handed people having much more accidents in the right-aligned world, thus having a significantly greater chance of getting injured or even dying early, and that's more trouble than fudgepackers had even in the harshest years of their persecution. But then, unlike with protection of fags, making world more ambidextrous would mean forcing people to spend effort in proving their good will and any kind of good, democratic, liberal society just can't allow such atrocity to happen.

kris

Arcane
So much endless whining from faggots about being discriminated against and yet I still can't find a decent left-handed pair of scissors at a hardware store let alone a video game where you can choose your character's chirality. In fact, I cannot think of single shooter for example where I can change the hand my character fires from, and thus which side of the screen he is oriented to. You are lucky if most games even let you reconfigure the controls at that. I remember in fucking Skyrim Bethestard locked you out from using the Numpad thus I had to create an auto-hotkey script to play the fucker (p.s. not worth the effort).

In Sweden I believe left handed scissors are common, i got two myself and one at work. In all other things I adapt and I use a right handed mouse. there is nothing to complain about, nor will i complain about the increasingly hilarious Bioware "romances".

Papa Môlé

Arcane
I don't get you guys saying just adapt. That's the whole point of what I'm saying, why should I have to when a minority that's less than half the size of mine, and mostly an identity politics contrivance anyway, gets all this attention? You have to use both hands anyway is a rather silly thing to say. Do you wear a glove on your left hand and throw with your right hand if you play baseball because you have to use both anyway? Do you play guitar right handed because you have to use both hands anyway? Queers only have to suffer "discrimination" when the issue of sex or marriage comes up. If you're actually left-dominant, or even just have it feel more natural to use your left hand for certain tasks, you are discriminated and must "adapt" in almost every human activity. Often even things that aren't necessarily handed become so, like eating with your left hand being once considered poor manners and still now even uncomfortable because no one seats or lays out utensils with the consideration in mind that if you're a left you might be bumping the elbows of the person next to you. Not a huge gripe mind you, but just giving and example here of how it goes entirely unnoticed. I suspect being a furry will be more socially accepted before using your left hand.

Rpgsaurus Rex

BTW: I would totally love if games allowed you to play abnormally fat or thin characters and adjusted your stats accordingly - butthurt would be glorious.

Evil Islands (Allods/Rage of Mages sequel) had a similar feature, though it worked the other way round. IIRC stronger characters had a bigger and more muscular 3D model, and weak ones would look emaciated.

Rpgsaurus Rex

In fact, I cannot think of single shooter for example where I can change the hand my character fires from, and thus which side of the screen he is oriented to.
Serious Sam! The best Doom clone after Doom.

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
why should I have to
even just have it feel more natural to use your left hand for certain tasks, you are discriminated and must "adapt" in almost every human activity.

Because you are part of a group that comprises less than 50% of population. The minority should always adapt to majority, not the other way round. Should we throw away all standard books and learn Braille because a portion of population is blind? Should we all stop speaking and use sign language so the deaf don't feel "excluded"?

That said, I absolutely agree with you that the problems lefties have are at least 3 times more important than those of the fag population.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

Evil Islands (Allods/Rage of Mages sequel) had a similar feature, though it worked the other way round. IIRC stronger characters had a bigger and more muscular 3D model, and weak ones would look emaciated.
There... was a sequel to Rage of Mages? o.o

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Because you are part of a group that comprises less than 50% of population. The minority should always adapt to majority, not the other way round

That's an argument from force more than morality. The point of my post was complaining about how we pretend like the fag issue is a moral one when precisely there are more pressing types of moral issues involving discrimination. Exactly what I was saying was that queers get more attention because of politics and not ethics or human rights. Now, if people would drop the bullshit I wouldn't care. You want to usurp the majority I don't actually care. There's no morale imperative for me that the minority has to accept the majority. I do believe there is a moral imperative to not frame power politics in a way that it appears to be an issue of ethics however, or else all morality becomes suspect which is exactly what the modern climate is like.

Rpgsaurus Rex

It is trivial to realign the shooting arm for lefties, though.

The reason developers don't do it is, well, because they don't care. Gay romances in games aren't really about political correctness either, but hype (controversy!) pure and simple

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom