Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Playing through it now as a Human Templar/Wintermage the spells are really good. Kinda weird looking at the game mechanics so far you just get one attack per round no matter what but you can have a spell too.

Some of my single class henchmen are maxed in XP and we're only on the third chapter.

Worth a play.

The game has a massive memory leak issue where if you play for a few hours the loadtimes go insane over a minute per load screen, they really gotta focus on that first and foremost.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I started the game, created a character, began the campaign and learned 2 things:
1. The area transitions are loooooong. Entering from the starting courtyard into the manor - at least 20 seconds of a loading screen. Next time I have to install it on SSD.
2. The optimization is shit. No, really. I provoked combat by attacking a guard, just to see how it plays. The game started stuttering when the characters made swings at each other. This is unacceptable. The game does not look nor play in a way that would excuse such poor performance. My desktop is not a demon of speed but it ran Horizon: Zero Dawn on max settings with decent framerate. I think it should manage an isometric game looking like a budget Pillars of Eternity.

I think I'll wait for more patches, especially fixing the performance. During several days I had Black Geyser installed it received two updates so it seems devs are working hard to fix various issues.

Sunri

Liturgist
I started the game, created a character, began the campaign and learned 2 things:
1. The area transitions are loooooong. Entering from the starting courtyard into the manor - at least 20 seconds of a loading screen. Next time I have to install it on SSD.
2. The optimization is shit. No, really. I provoked combat by attacking a guard, just to see how it plays. The game started stuttering when the characters made swings at each other. This is unacceptable. The game does not look nor play in a way that would excuse such poor performance. My desktop is not a demon of speed but it ran Horizon: Zero Dawn on max settings with decent framerate. I think it should manage an isometric game looking like a budget Pillars of Eternity.

I think I'll wait for more patches, especially fixing the performance. During several days I had Black Geyser installed it received two updates so it seems devs are working hard to fix various issues.
Why did you expect anything other than shit? game is called Black geyser for a reason.

yeah for some reason it performs poorly on some computers, having said that, a big part of budget (if devs have one) for unity based games is optimization, its not like unreal engine so.

play on SSD, even deadfire and Pillars take a minute to load on hdd

Also, use the Low Graphics Preset or something like that, then it wont stutter

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Just completed Black Geyser this month.

Pretty decent game, enjoyed my time with it.

Voice acting and sound effects were good.

Character models for the golems, dragons and other larger monsters were nice.

More fleshed-out interactions and quests for the companions would've been better.

Higher production values in general would've certainly helped, but understandable given their budget constraints.

rojay

Scholar
Played through about half of the game after it came out of EA, and it was much improved from the early days. It's not a masterpiece, but it also didn't suck. In a few months I'll probably go back to it, but I'll definitely be paying attention to the next game they produce.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Russian and Türkis loc was released so Infinitron please post news

EDIT: terribly sorry I dranked a bit uu much

Hey GreenMagicSpell's boyfriend, come pick your girl up.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1374930/view/3388414055900585851

Arvex Companion Quest, Russian And Turkish Localization & More!
Black Geyser is now available in Russian and Turkish, while Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese are in progress!

Greetings, adventurers!

The current update not only brings a fully finished Arvex companion quest along with several fixes and improvements, but we are also thrilled to announce that Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness is now available in Turkish and Russian! Our eternal thanks goes to Gökhan Halil Düzgün from 23 Studios for the Turkish translation, and to Roman "Scarab-Phoenix" Matsuk for the Russian translation of the game.

Additionally, we are happy to share that the Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese translations are now in progress! Regarding other languages, we will update you as soon as we have more information.

For more information on why some localizations arrive sooner than others, please take a look at this Steam post:

Mac & Linux:
For technical reasons (such as Apple's notarization process), the current update for Mac and Linux will go live after a couple of days. Thank you for your patience.

Latest Changes
  • Turkish and Russian localizations added
  • Full companion quest implemented for Arvex
  • Rebalanced physical and elemental resistance bonuses for armors, weapons, races and classes
  • Rebalanced damage values of two-handed weapons and damage, price and stack sizes of ranged weapons and projectiles to be more useful
  • Decreased Rothgor's melee attack timing
  • Tutorials for Gerdra's offer and entering the Black Geyser now appear properly
  • Increased Health values regained when drinking healing potions
  • Alnarius priests will now reward the player based on Reputation instead of Greed
  • Baflodac's gang downstairs and outside now turn hostile if Baflodac is attacked upstairs
  • Unnecessary recipe item replaced with a valid recipe
  • Creatures of Amanuel's Hoard will now react as groups when attacked
  • Creatures of Elven Ruins in Scofarth will now react as groups when attacked
  • Fixed the on-hit mechanics for the Scutiactus and Gloves of Inscrutable Defense items
  • Eloinne now takes all necessary medicine from the player in Urgently Needed Medicine
  • Animated Armor and Animated Hands in Wardenhaft can now react if the player loots unauthorized containers

We’re incredibly grateful to everyone who has joined us on this journey and continues to support Black Geyser, and we look forward to you diving into these latest updates.

The Black Geyser Team

Last edited:

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Is there any reactivity to your class choice in this game? If I choose necromancer for instance, are people frightened or wary of me? Or if I'm a swindler, can I con anyone throughout the game? Is the stronghold and what you can build modified by your class?

Acrux

Arcane
I don't remember (or didn't realize) options being class specific, but there is reactivity based on your skill levels.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm giving this another shot currently, and I'm enjoying it more than my previous (short) attempt. I didn't think it was shit or anything, it's just that I'm such a polishfag (quiet in the cheap seats! :) ) that the barebones nature of the game put me off a bit before, but I'm quite getting into the combat now, my head is more inside the build system, and the story is drawing me in more. It's hard not to appreciate the labour of love aspect of it, and they've obviously done the best they could within their budget. Plus, I've often been one to actually rp things like not taking offered rewards from poor people and things like that ("keep the money, you need it more than I do"), so the Greed system is quite congenial in that regard.

Ladonna

Arcane
I have been giving this game a shot, and it just needs a little tightening up on what is in there, along with optimisation. The grab bag of things they still want to implement;
  • DLC (including a very unique new class, kind of a distant relative of a Necromancer)
  • Pets
  • Strongholds
  • More spells
  • More love for unarmed combat (such as items giving a bonus)
  • Two-weapon style (dual wield)
  • Flails
  • Animal companions for classes where it makes sense
  • Shapeshifting
  • Deluxe Edition
  • Game OST as an independent asset
  • Monster respawn when returning to already explored wilderness areas
  • Additional, complex side quests
  • Additional music (game songs)
  • The option to create a full party during character creation
  • Modding support (including the possibility to lift class restrictions of races)
  • Improved quality for movement and fight swing animations
reminds me more of trying to do what the other big names are doing. Just finish the game up fully and add on to your sequel if you want. As they said in the interview, they spent most of their time and money creating the engine, so use it. But maybe that is just me. These days I usually wait a year or two before playing because I constantly think "well, the DLC's will be coming, then the Super Awesome Edition after that, so might as well put off buying until it is all finished up".

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am playing this game right now, I am lvl 10

I must say, this game is the best Baldur's Gate game I've ever played, aesthetically and in spirit. Way batter than Pillars of Eternity.

And it looks better than Pillars too and no walls of text.

I"ve not even finished it and I already want a Black Geyser 2

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
1661972756442.png
1661972767938.png

add another ring of defending, tooltip doesn't show anymore

also
1661972807513.png

5 + 3 = 5???
game is bugged

wtf is max block chance, base block chance?
on some characters, total block chance is capped at 20. on others, block chance is 25
equipping some items, only half of bonus type apply

Ladonna

Arcane
Hence why I said "they need to tighten up and finish what is there" before all the talk about DLC or whatever other crap. The game is pretty good, just needs to be finished off.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
A criticism that I have is that the game is too easy at lvl 11

I started playing on "veteran" difficulty and later changed to courier difficulty but there's no much difference.

The battles are quick, no zones with lots of enemy encounters and not lethal enough, potions and money plenty.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
^
1662044170909.png

1662043789957.png

wait, what?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom