Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Unarmed combat in a good game is like pure, spring water in the desert.
So something that'll empty out real fast?
Like your c.... cold magic spells conjuring magical snow to freeze your opponents? Do they empty out real fast, resulting in a big mass of snowflakes that cover their targets?

BTW. 500 Holy Euros to go till 30k is reached.

Like your c.... cold magic spells conjuring magical snow to freeze your opponents? Do they empty out real fast, resulting in a big mass of snowflakes that cover their targets?
I may live in Canada, but we're not all enamored with snowflakes like that. Some of us enjoy a good fist... ing?
You see, that's why their Stretch Goal is so close with Unarmed "Combat" included.

Cvilidreta

Novice
giphy.gif

DY050503

Educated
Last time I tried this game the loading speed is extremely slow, especially in late game or playing time goes up. Is this fixed or do we have another game joining the ssd only club?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So how did this game failed financially when obviously people are interested in more content? Or the end tail of the sales are better than initial numbers?

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Last time I tried this game the loading speed is extremely slow, especially in late game or playing time goes up. Is this fixed or do we have another game joining the ssd only club?
Mortismal mentioned in one of his video that it's better now. Also confirmed in the Codex review.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So how did this game failed financially when obviously people are interested in more content? Or the end tail of the sales are better than initial numbers?
This thing only has 1000 backers. You can't sustain a company with those numbers.

KS backer count does not matter (pro and con) unless you are obsidian enterthetainment. Many people don't do KS.
Black Geyser cross promoed these guys when campaign launched https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalsun/cataclismo-rts-with-stone-by-stone-construction
They have 1342 backers. Scroll down to their team picture, it's around 30 people there. What's the monthly gross salary of them in Spain. 70k euro? Probably more.

EDIT: which actually proves you in tis case . yes. But only because we know black geyser team situation. Otherwise, a big team can do a small kickstarter as well , see the Spanish team above

Sunri

Liturgist
its bad even on ssd

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, a lot of people set up reminders on Kickstarter, and if the project is fully funded, they kick in the minimum to get the product in the last 24h.

I think this is what pushed the previous goal, but I don't see the next one being unlocked. It's ok. It's still nice to see there are still people willing to back this kind of thing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
KS backer count does not matter (pro and con) unless you are obsidian enterthetainment. Many people don't do KS.
Black Geyser cross promoed these guys when campaign launched https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/digitalsun/cataclismo-rts-with-stone-by-stone-construction
They have 1342 backers. Scroll down to their team picture, it's around 30 people there. What's the monthly gross salary of them in Spain. 70k euro? Probably more.

EDIT: which actually proves you in tis case . yes. But only because we know black geyser team situation. Otherwise, a big team can do a small kickstarter as well , see the Spanish team above
Owlcat got over 18,000 with Kingmaker and 35,000 with Wrath of the Righteous. Realms Beyond got over 2600. GrapeOcean previously got 3,467 backers for BG, so unfortunately their potential Kickstarter audience has shrunk. Sure, they have enough to make the expansion with over $10,000 more than what they asked for. But beyond that? Eh...

Yeah it's a very small company, that's why I don't under stand sometimes why players bash them for not having obsidian or Owlcat resources. Regarding kickstarter audience , I just pointed out that the Spanish team I mentioned has 30+ people and their kicstarter has less than 1500 backers, so what ever they raise will not be enough for the salary of a single month ... I agree black geyser Team's budget is very low for the dlc too but my point is that judging based on kick starters is just not relevant . This dlc was their add-on 5 yrs ago too so many people could got it that time , and I never a game doing a kickstarter for a Dlc (!!) before, I don't think people engage for such a thing compared to a Full game. Just my 2 cents who had some insight into dev stuff in the past . So I'm not sure their ks audience shrank or stayed the same but inactive. You can Never Tell that in marketing imo. Wishing the best for them .

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom