Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Isle Studios is back (?)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Josh Sawyer ‏@jesawyer
lol black isle lol

Scott Warner ‏@scott_343
@jesawyer DUDE WE CAN FINALLY GO BACK AND MAKE FALLOUT EXXXTREME!!!! !@#$!@$!@$%(!)@#

Josh Sawyer ‏@jesawyer
@scott_343 FUCCCCKKK. YEAAAAAGHHHHHHGHHSM

:lol:

Roderick

Savant
Fuck. This will be fun.

But anyway maybe Chris Taylor will work in this "Black Isle", since he was working on the fallout MMO. if they do anything "new"

They could make an emotionally engaging, Biowarean, Lionheart 2 (since it's probably their only old IP they could have, maybe TORN). And Allow you to romance Da Vinci

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Josh Sawyer ‏@jesawyer
lol black isle lol

Scott Warner ‏@scott_343
@jesawyer DUDE WE CAN FINALLY GO BACK AND MAKE FALLOUT EXXXTREME!!!! !@#$!@$!@$%(!)@#

Josh Sawyer ‏@jesawyer
@scott_343 FUCCCCKKK. YEAAAAAGHHHHHHGHHSM

:lol:

"Ok now let's finish making (canceled) and (canceled) - OBSIDIAN FOREVER!!!"

Scott Warner (Who also worked on Torment) is actually Lead Game Designer for Halo 4.
The 4th title in a long line of amazing RPGs. Truly we are blessed.

Probably another shitfest incoming... Bastards. Is nothing sacred anymore? :(

A man's gotta wonder though. At all these "old school" resurrections... Like Syndicate etc. Wtf are they thinking? Kids don't know these old development studios or give a shit about them. Why not "invent" a new franchise or studio? They make games old fans hate, and kids don't care about. What's the point? And I don't think they are really going to "return" to their old crpg roots.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

A man's gotta wonder though. At all these "old school" resurrections... Like Syndicate etc. Wtf are they thinking? Kids don't know these old development studios or give a shit about them. Why not "invent" a new franchise or studio? They make games old fans hate, and kids don't care about. What's the point? And I don't think they are really going to "return" to their old crpg roots.
The point is media attention. Whenever one of these things are announced there will be a bunch of articles of the kind "EA is bringing back beloved classic FightMaster Quest!" This will at least get the name of the game into the kids' heads, so they are more receptive to further marketing.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
:bounce: or
fjbJx.png

only time will tell...

OH...it was...

:mhd:

Why didn't i see it sooner!

The point is media attention. Whenever one of these things are announced there will be a bunch of articles of the kind "EA is bringing back beloved classic FightMaster Quest!" This will at least get the name of the game into the kids' heads, so they are more receptive to further marketing.

Yeah, you are right... Just sell it to the biggest audience possible... No hope for real return of the crpg.

A user named cat

Haha, I knew before even clicking this topic there would be some funny photoshops in here. Thanks for not disappointing, now I don't have to make any.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Thanks.
Some things just deserve to be seen, you know? (are you also responsible for Call of Torment: Majestic Warfare?)
Yes, I did that one too. Do whatever you want with them. It's all good. I was actually going to post that one but Black was too fast.

mondblut

Arcane
Herve is the man. He provides more lulz than the rest of the industry combined.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom