Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey"

Retardo

Learned
sheesh, chapter 3 was fuckhuge, it took me ~8hrs only to explore the temple.
Also, checkpoints between bossfights in the end were neat - they make you fight 3 different bosses under the guise of one.

cruel

Cipher
Chapter 3 is amazing so far, caught me by total surprise. I feel like I'm playing through a modern version of the Tower of Latria, fantastic.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
sheesh, chapter 3 was fuckhuge, it took me ~8hrs only to explore the temple.
Also, checkpoints between bossfights in the end were neat - they make you fight 3 different bosses under the guise of one.

Chapter 3 is amazing so far, caught me by total surprise. I feel like I'm playing through a modern version of the Tower of Latria, fantastic.
I keep watching an LP, and I got to chapter 3 and the Pagoda realm. Credit where it's due, I now think this game is actually worth giving a run. I haven't seen level design that challenges the sense of orientation like the Pagoda realm does in a long time. Reminded me of some Duke 3d levels or American McGee's Alice. The atmosphere and art direction also bring back memories of old school shooters.

And when you add to that the fact that there is no ingame map, it's a really brave decision. It's telling that "FightinCowboy" immediately started whining that this is the worst area in the game so far, and so do the zoombabies in his videos comments :lol:

Retardo

Learned
Yep, that was the first impression I've got about the pagoda realm.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man, last 2 bosses are insane. First one is the main last boss and other one is for secret ending. Main last boss outright trolls and humiliates you in many fun ways. Though not funny when you are on your last HP...
Nevertheless, finished the game, while drunk, so drunken boxing still rules! Easier than Sekiro, harder than most souls games (because no summoning and OP/broken shit)
Thoroughly enjoyed the game at every step and wholeheartedly recommend it to any action game fans out there. One of the best games released these year.

Sweeper

Arcane
Chris Chapel (The pro-Trump and anti-CCP propagandist) says you shouldn't buy this game, because if you do then you support communism, brainwashing, and "killing tens of thousands of Americans" :M

I mean, I wasn't gonna, but now I am.

Retardo

Learned
Finished chapter 4, and it was amazing.

My only 2 gripes would be invisible walls, and timed missable content, with bosses/npcs disappearing if you progress a bit.

Retardo

Learned
Chris Chapel (The pro-Trump and anti-CCP propagandist) says you shouldn't buy this game, because if you do then you support communism, brainwashing, and "killing tens of thousands of Americans" :M

I mean, I wasn't gonna, but now I am.

Hello, CCP?
I've got one "fall of the westoid gamindustry", and one "billions shit-for-brains devs must be fired", would trade for a bit of decent gaming.

Peachcurl

Arcane
That's just stupid. Nothing about this game looks special. Must be the first half-ass decent game the chinks ever experienced so they're buying it in droves.
What number would be acceptable to you?
No-1-Vodka-Shadow.png

cruel

Cipher
Revenue for this exceeds 850 million at this point:

https://gameworldobserver.com/2024/09/03/black-myth-wukong-revenue-850-million-steam

76% of sales are from China, 6% from USA, 17% from other regions. Average playtime is 27 hours, which is pretty good.

I still like the game, but it's very... uneven. You have a boring desert region (I may be in minority regarding this, looking at opinions in this thread), followed by amazing experience in Pagoda realm, after which you're back to boring mob smashing in the snow areas. The game is missing... something, hard to put my finger or 'what' exactly. Maybe more careful / deliberate encounter design? It feels like some areas are a little bit too big / empty, I wouldn't be surprised if they were planning to include some transformations for traversals that were cut / didn't make it to the final release. Still worth playing though. I'm just not sure if I would rate the game any higher than Stellar Blade or FF XVI - all of them deserve 8/10 and are worth playing.

Last edited:

notpl

Arbiter
That's just stupid. Nothing about this game looks special. Must be the first half-ass decent game the chinks ever experienced so they're buying it in droves.
What number would be acceptable to you?
I don't understand what you're asking.
If 18 million in sales is somehow wrong, then how many copies should the game have sold? Why?

cruel

Cipher
WTF were they thinking with chapter 6? Big empty map filled with nothing but 18 boss fights, seriously? It looks like someone ran out of money or dev time at the end.

The game had one really hard boss in those 50 hours I played so far - Yellow Loong. There is no way I would find him though without looking up some random frozen guy close to the lake, the whole quest line is very easy to miss.

I was hoping to finish this during the weekend, but the last chapter sucks so bad I'm not sure it will happen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom